Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Holmes to remain loyal to Reds

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

Holmes to remain loyal to Reds Empty
PostSubject: Holmes to remain loyal to Reds   Holmes to remain loyal to Reds Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:17 am

Australia prop Greg Holmes will re-sign with Queensland Reds this week

Australia prop Greg Holmes will re-sign with Queensland Reds this week, saying he'd remain loyal to the club even if they finished last every season.

The Queensland Rugby Union will be hoping the front-rower is the first of five stars to re-sign with the Reds, with Berrick Barnes, James Horwill, Digby Ioane and Hugh McMeniman coming off contract at the end of 2009.

Holmes missed Saturday night's loss against the Chiefs at Suncorp Stadium with a shoulder injury but was confident of being fit for Friday's match-up with the Force in Perth. He was also confident of delivering the Reds some more good news.

"I'm pretty much staying in Queensland. It's a matter of days or a week away and my manager is just tightening up a few loose ends," Holmes said.

"To be honest with you, if we came last every year I'm still going to decide to play for Queensland.

"It makes it all the more easy when you can see a little bit of promise, and we are starting to play some pretty good footy and winning a few games."

The 25-year-old said he was excited to see Queensland developing depth, especially in the front row where Ben Daley has been deputising for him.

"I was pretty impressed," he said of Daley's performance against the Sharks two weeks ago. "He was up against a couple of Springboks and more than held his own."

Holmes has played 13 Tests for Australia since making his debut in 2005 and is desperate to re-establish himself on the international stage.

"My goal is always to play well for Queensland but I'd love to get a few more Tests under my belt as well," he said.

"I just need to get my body right and get back on the paddock and hopefully I can give it a shake."
-----
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25258492-5002381,00.html

Good news for the Reds, hopefully they will be able to re-sign most of the star players.

Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Holmes to remain loyal to Reds   Holmes to remain loyal to Reds Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:22 am

Panthers wrote:

Good news for the Reds, hopefully they will be able to re-sign most of the star players.

and a lot more star players Laughing . and I thought this would be a big year for the Reds.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Holmes to remain loyal to Reds   Holmes to remain loyal to Reds Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:25 am

Yea i thought the reds were gona be in the top 4 this year, or thereabouts anyway!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holmes to remain loyal to Reds   Holmes to remain loyal to Reds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holmes to remain loyal to Reds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com