Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

 

 North Island V South Island

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Moderator
Hendo Maroon

Posts : 12596
Age : 33
Location : DOG Squad

North Island V South Island Empty
PostSubject: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:50 am

How good would this game be, teams based on what province they played for in the Air NZ Cup. Be very interesting I recon, could be a good idea for a All Black trial game perhaps. With the 2 teams from each Island making up the top 4 provincial sides in the Air NZ Cup I recon this game would be a thriller.

(Thanks PTK for the Idea from your cricket thread)


My Teams


NORTH


1. Tony Woodcock
2. Andrew Hore
3. Neemia Tialata
4. Jason Eaton
5. Anthony Boric
6. Liam Messam
7. Chris Masoe
8. Rodney Soialo (C)
9. Piri Weepu
10. Stephen Donald
11. Joe Rocokoco
12. Ma'a Nonu
13. Conrad Smith
14. Sitiveni Sivivatu
15. Mils Muliaina

16. Keven Mealamu
17. John Afoa
18. Ross Filipo
19. Jerome Kaino
20. Alby Mathewson
21. Isaia Toeava
22. Hosea Gear

SOUTH

1. Jamie Mackintosh
2. Corey Flynn
3. Ben Franks
4. Brad Thorn
5. Ali Williams
6. Adam Thompson
7. Richie McCaw (C)
8. Kieran Read
9. Jimmy Cowan
10. Dan Carter
11. Lucky Mulipola pale
12. Stephen Brett
13. Casey Laulala
14. Kade Poki pale
15. Leon MacDonald

16. Ti’i Paulo
17. Wyatt Crockett
18. Tom Donnelly
19. Nasi Manu
20. Andy Ellis
21. Colin Slade
22. Tim Bateman

IMO These would be the teams, North Island would dominate despite the South having Carter and McCaw. And come to think of it, this wouldnt be a good idea for a ABs trial match due to guys like Kahui, Leonard, Jane and Tuitavake not even makin the North Side.


Last edited by Hendo Maroon on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

Posts : 1737
Location : Christchurch

North Island V South Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:02 pm

more teams in north island. and hendo filipo would be south island
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Moderator
Hendo Maroon

Posts : 12596
Age : 33
Location : DOG Squad

North Island V South Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:05 pm

SportsLegend wrote:
more teams in north island. and hendo filipo would be south island

ah Ross Filipo plays for Wellington, as stated this is based on what provincial side you play for not which Super side, so Filipo would be North Island.
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

Posts : 4804
Age : 30
Location : Mangere

North Island V South Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:25 pm

Not a bad idea tho Hendo. However the Probables VS Possibles game they had a few years back would be good to use again. Hopefully we see that game return.
Back to top Go down
BlackCaps
Guru
BlackCaps

Posts : 2266
Location : Christchurch

North Island V South Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:58 pm

North would win that game
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

Posts : 5096
Age : 36
Location : Wellington, New Zealand

North Island V South Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:33 pm

Hendo Maroon wrote:


My Teams


NORTH


1. Tony Woodcock
2. Andrew Hore
3. Neemia Tialata
4. Jason Eaton
5. Anthony Boric
6. Liam Messam
7. Scott Waldrom
8. Rodney Soialo (C)
9. Piri Weepu
10. Stephen Donald
11. Joe Rocokoco
12. Ma'a Nonu
13. Conrad Smith
14. Sitiveni Sivivatu
15. Mils Muliaina

16. Keven Mealamu
17. John Afoa
18. Ross Filipo
19. Chris Masoe
20. Alby Mathewson
21. Isaia Toeava
22. Richard Kahui

SOUTH

1. Jamie Mackintosh
2. Corey Flynn
3. Ben Franks
4. Brad Thorn
5. Ali Williams
6. Adam Thompson
7. Richie McCaw (C)
8. Kieran Read
9. Jimmy Cowan
10. Dan Carter
11. Pehi Te Whare
12. Tim Bateman
13. Casey Laulala
14. Kade Poki pale
15. Leon MacDonald

16. Ti’i Paulo
17. Wyatt Crockett
18. Tom Donnelly
19. Nasi Manu
20. Andy Ellis
21. Colin Slade
22. Tim Bateman

IMO These would be the teams, North Island would dominate despite the South having Carter and McCaw. And come to think of it, this wouldnt be a good idea for a ABs trial match due to guys like Kahui, Leonard, Jane and Tuitavake not even makin the North Side.


Changes in Bold - agree that North would dominate this...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

Posts : 1737
Location : Christchurch

North Island V South Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 5:15 am

SOUTH

1. Jamie Mackintosh
2. Corey Flynn
3. Greg Somerville
4. Brad Thorn
5. Ali Williams
6. Adam Thompson
7. Richie McCaw (C)
8. Kieran Read
9. Jimmy Cowan
10. Dan Carter
11. Scott Hamilton
12. Stephen Brett
13. Casey Laulala
14. Kade Poki
15. Leon MacDonald

16. Ti’i Paulo
17. Ben Franks
18. Isaac Ross
19. Mose Tuiali'i
20. Andy Ellis
21. Kade Poki
22. Tim Bateman

You have to remember South Island has 4 teams and North Island has 10 teams.


Last edited by SportsLegend on Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Moderator
Hendo Maroon

Posts : 12596
Age : 33
Location : DOG Squad

North Island V South Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 5:19 am

I dint include Hamilton and Sommerville because they have both finished with NZ Rugby
Back to top Go down
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

Posts : 1737
Location : Christchurch

North Island V South Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 7:14 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
I dint include Hamilton and Sommerville because they have both finished with NZ Rugby

Yeah i see ur point but u it was this year and they were in canterbury sides
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

Posts : 5096
Age : 36
Location : Wellington, New Zealand

North Island V South Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:00 am

Note that by that rule Hendo, Chris Masoe has to be out.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
pedwintheking
Guru
pedwintheking

Posts : 2511
Age : 27
Location : City Of Sails

North Island V South Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:04 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
How good would this game be, teams based on what province they played for in the Air NZ Cup. Be very interesting I recon, could be a good idea for a All Black trial game perhaps. With the 2 teams from each Island making up the top 4 provincial sides in the Air NZ Cup I recon this game would be a thriller.

(Thanks PTK for the Idea from your cricket thread)


My Teams


NORTH


1. Tony Woodcock
2. Andrew Hore
3. Neemia Tialata
4. Jason Eaton
5. Anthony Boric
6. Liam Messam
7. Chris Masoe
8. Rodney Soialo (C)
9. Piri Weepu
10. Stephen Donald
11. Joe Rocokoco
12. Ma'a Nonu
13. Conrad Smith
14. Sitiveni Sivivatu
15. Mils Muliaina

16. Keven Mealamu
17. John Afoa
18. Ross Filipo
19. Jerome Kaino
20. Alby Mathewson
21. Isaia Toeava
22. Hosea Gear

SOUTH

1. Jamie Mackintosh
2. Corey Flynn
3. Ben Franks
4. Brad Thorn
5. Ali Williams
6. Adam Thompson
7. Richie McCaw (C)
8. Kieran Read
9. Jimmy Cowan
10. Dan Carter
11. Lucky Mulipola pale
12. Stephen Brett
13. Casey Laulala
14. Kade Poki pale
15. Leon MacDonald

16. Ti’i Paulo
17. Wyatt Crockett
18. Tom Donnelly
19. Nasi Manu
20. Andy Ellis
21. Colin Slade
22. Tim Bateman

IMO These would be the teams, North Island would dominate despite the South having Carter and McCaw. And come to think of it, this wouldnt be a good idea for a ABs trial match due to guys like Kahui, Leonard, Jane and Tuitavake not even makin the North Side.


Paul Williams on South Wing?


PTK king
Back to top Go down
http://www.bringvictory.com
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

Posts : 5096
Age : 36
Location : Wellington, New Zealand

North Island V South Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:14 am

pedwintheking wrote:


Paul Williams on South Wing?


PTK king

Good call...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Sponsored content




North Island V South Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
North Island V South Island
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com