Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Expand Super 14 finals?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Expand Super 14 finals? Empty
PostSubject: Expand Super 14 finals?   Expand Super 14 finals? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:00 am

Does anyone else agree that the finals system should be extended to include maybe 6 teams? Maybe the Top 2 qualifiers could go straight through to the major semi finals, and 3 to 6 could play off for the other two spots.

It just seems that 4 teams out of 14 isn't enough especially when the competition is so tight in years like this one
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Expand Super 14 finals?   Expand Super 14 finals? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:14 am

6 wouldn't be too bad, and I quite like the system u are suggesting. No way should it be 8.

I'm still on the fence with this though as I like the top 4 system because it means teams have be winning atleast 70% of their games. meaning on the teams that perform well throughout the hole season. Expand it by too much you'll have teams sneaking in there that have only one half their games.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Expand Super 14 finals?   Expand Super 14 finals? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:15 am

Yeh Hendo I agree, thats why I definitely wouldnt want it expanded to 8 teams I reckon 6 would be around about ideal
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Expand Super 14 finals?   Expand Super 14 finals? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:18 am

Yea had a browse over the last few seasons tables and between the 4th 5th and 6th place the amount of wins by each team was very even, so yea 6 would be good.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Expand Super 14 finals?   Expand Super 14 finals? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:31 am

Yeaa i think six teams would be good!
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Expand Super 14 finals?   Expand Super 14 finals? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:56 am

6 could work - but I don't like the plan of the top 2 automatically getting through cause they immediately miss out on a week's game - like a bye...

Maybe make it a 3-game match up, and then the top 4 ranked after that get through.

But I think they're more likely to go to a conference system which could work just as well...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expand Super 14 finals?   Expand Super 14 finals? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Expand Super 14 finals?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com