Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

 

 Favre Watch

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Posts : 3095
Age : 25
Location : Sydney

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:22 pm

The Brett Favre un-retirement story is changing and developing hour by hour. And right now, there doesn’t seem to be any better place to chase the story than Hattiesburg, Miss.
I flew into Hattiesburg this morning and went right to the office of Bus Cook, Favre’s agent. We talked for about 45 minutes off camera and about another five minutes on camera in an interview that you’ll see today on NFL Network’s Total Access.
new nfl.widgets.VideoPlayer({ contentId: "09000d5d81030215", related: "home", adSetting: "1", playerName: "blog_embedded", size: "inline", uniqid: "09000d5d81030215"})



As for the reported scheduled meeting between Vikings coach Brad Childress and Favre today, Cook told me he has no knowledge of any such meeting – one that has taken place or will take place in the future.
We actually had direct communication with Favre — through Cook. The two were texting throughout our conversation, and at one point, I asked Cook to deliver a text to Favre for me. I asked Cook to ask Favre if he indeed would meet with Childress. Favre’s response was that he was laying sand in the yard and we could come join him.
So, basically, Favre was doing yard work. I was crestfallen that Favre’s invitation wasn’t sincere.
Favre would neither confirm nor deny that he will meet with Childress.
I did think this was interesting: During the course of our conversation, Cook did say that if Favre were to ever come back with the Vikings, it wouldn’t be for revenge against the Packers. One other thing: Cook flatly rejected reports that he has investigated the idea of hiring a coach to work with Favre while the quarterback ponders a return. Actually, Cook laughed at the notion.
I’m currently at Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional Airport, the very airport Childress would fly in to if he were to travel here today. So, I’ll have the latest if or when it does happen.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/05/06/favre-declines-to-confirm-or-deny-meeting-with-vikings/

----------------------------------

Well we aren't given much information here, it will only be a matter of time until we find out his decision as the Vikings want him to participate in team workouts for the whole offseason which he hasn't done in the past 4 or 5 years since he is so 'legenday'. This will strengthen the Packers-Vikings soooo much.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Moderator
Sparky_Hughes

Posts : 11350
Age : 29
Location : Seeing Sounds.

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:20 pm

ManningMan18 wrote:
What I am saying sparky is that they would have gone better without him and 22 Interceptions let the whole team down. Yes, he had his odd moments of 6 touchdowns but he had his more frequent moments throwing Interceptions, something he has done more than anyone else that has ever played the game. They had a good defense but 22 turnovers from one man took its toll.

Also, 9-7 may be a decent record but what I am saying is considering the teams he lost to, that wasn't a good record. Aand I can't believe that you said that HE CAN BE EXCUSED FOR THROWING INTERCEPTIONS!!! Do you know anything about the NFL, NO BODY IS EXCUSED FOR THROWING AN INTERCEPTION.

ManningMan why would I go to all the trouble of commenting a story about a washed up scrub if I didn't know anything about the sport??

That's just ridiculous.

Anyway, enough of it.

I'm going to kill myself if I hear another Brett Favre story, I knew this would happen all along.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

Posts : 7357
Age : 29
Location : Canberra

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:31 pm

Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

Posts : 7357
Age : 29
Location : Canberra

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 4:03 am

NFL Network’s Scott Hanson confirms that Brett Favre and Vikings coach Brad Childress had at least one phone conversation. But the talks were informal and exploratory. There was no absolute decision made either way to play for the Vikings or to stay retired.
At this point Favre is retired, but as his agent Bus Cook told Hanson yesterday, and another source told him today, Favre reserves his right to change his mind.
Hanson spent the day at the front entrance of Favre’s estate, but has been told that Favre will not comment publicly today or through the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Posts : 3095
Age : 25
Location : Sydney

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 4:44 am

He has to make his decision before training camp starts which I think would start in June or July. This year the Vikings want him to participate in all team workouts which he hasn't done in the last 3 or 4 years.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

Posts : 7357
Age : 29
Location : Canberra

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:51 am

yeah didnt he just walk in at the jets just before the season started...

he cant do that anymore since he isnt as good. he will need to work with the team to get certain plays down and to be able to effectively work with the offence.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Moderator
Sparky_Hughes

Posts : 11350
Age : 29
Location : Seeing Sounds.

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 4:24 pm

ManningMan18 wrote:
He has to make his decision before training camp starts which I think would start in June or July. This year the Vikings want him to participate in all team workouts which he hasn't done in the last 3 or 4 years.

Which means another 6-8 weeks of Brett Favre being the centerpiece of SportsCenter.

FUCK! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

Posts : 7357
Age : 29
Location : Canberra

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 4:25 pm

hahahaha good old farve watch Razz
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

Posts : 7357
Age : 29
Location : Canberra

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:14 pm

update on farve watch Razz

he is avoiding surgery to hope that his shoulder heals naturally....

they were saying that he has started to throw the ball around again and that its becoming more likely...
Back to top Go down
YellowBox
Rookie
YellowBox

Posts : 53
Age : 25

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:30 am

ManningMan18 wrote:
I think it will and I hope it will happen lol.

He just can't get that hes lost it. He has to look back of the days of 95' and 96' where he was in his prime and say to himself 'Im not as good anymore.' I'm sure 22 interceptions and the losses to average teams was clear to him. I rate Bernard Berrian, but other than him there isn't much of a high caliber of WR in Minesota. I hope he embarrasses himself some more so it becomes clear to him that hes gotta give it up. Either that or hes gonna die on the field.

Brett Farve isn't the only person thinking like that, I bet Peyton Manning is like that aswell. He's not as good as he used to be. Accept it, the Colts need a new quaterback, perhaps another Manning?
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Posts : 3095
Age : 25
Location : Sydney

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 7:16 am

YellowBox wrote:
ManningMan18 wrote:
I think it will and I hope it will happen lol.

He just can't get that hes lost it. He has to look back of the days of 95' and 96' where he was in his prime and say to himself 'Im not as good anymore.' I'm sure 22 interceptions and the losses to average teams was clear to him. I rate Bernard Berrian, but other than him there isn't much of a high caliber of WR in Minesota. I hope he embarrasses himself some more so it becomes clear to him that hes gotta give it up. Either that or hes gonna die on the field.

Brett Farve isn't the only person thinking like that, I bet Peyton Manning is like that aswell. He's not as good as he used to be. Accept it, the Colts need a new quaterback, perhaps another Manning?

Laughing Laughing YB, Peyton Manning was MVP last season, isn't the MVP the most prestigious award you can get that marks you the 'Most Valuable Player' in the league for that year. When I look at it I see that he hasn't exactly lost it.
Back to top Go down
YellowBox
Rookie
YellowBox

Posts : 53
Age : 25

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:35 am

ManningMan18 wrote:
YellowBox wrote:
ManningMan18 wrote:
I think it will and I hope it will happen lol.

He just can't get that hes lost it. He has to look back of the days of 95' and 96' where he was in his prime and say to himself 'Im not as good anymore.' I'm sure 22 interceptions and the losses to average teams was clear to him. I rate Bernard Berrian, but other than him there isn't much of a high caliber of WR in Minesota. I hope he embarrasses himself some more so it becomes clear to him that hes gotta give it up. Either that or hes gonna die on the field.

Brett Farve isn't the only person thinking like that, I bet Peyton Manning is like that aswell. He's not as good as he used to be. Accept it, the Colts need a new quaterback, perhaps another Manning?

Laughing Laughing YB, Peyton Manning was MVP last season, isn't the MVP the most prestigious award you can get that marks you the 'Most Valuable Player' in the league for that year. When I look at it I see that he hasn't exactly lost it.

They feel sorry for him because he only has like a year left, they didn't want him to know the truth, and that truth was that he wasn't as good as he thought he was. All the other Mannings are/were good, they gave him the award because he'd cry in the corner because he'd be the only Manning without an MVP award. Nick Manning would be much better at quarterback.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Posts : 3095
Age : 25
Location : Sydney

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 12:42 pm

YellowBox wrote:
ManningMan18 wrote:
YellowBox wrote:
ManningMan18 wrote:
I think it will and I hope it will happen lol.

He just can't get that hes lost it. He has to look back of the days of 95' and 96' where he was in his prime and say to himself 'Im not as good anymore.' I'm sure 22 interceptions and the losses to average teams was clear to him. I rate Bernard Berrian, but other than him there isn't much of a high caliber of WR in Minesota. I hope he embarrasses himself some more so it becomes clear to him that hes gotta give it up. Either that or hes gonna die on the field.

Brett Farve isn't the only person thinking like that, I bet Peyton Manning is like that aswell. He's not as good as he used to be. Accept it, the Colts need a new quaterback, perhaps another Manning?

Laughing Laughing YB, Peyton Manning was MVP last season, isn't the MVP the most prestigious award you can get that marks you the 'Most Valuable Player' in the league for that year. When I look at it I see that he hasn't exactly lost it.

They feel sorry for him because he only has like a year left, they didn't want him to know the truth, and that truth was that he wasn't as good as he thought he was. All the other Mannings are/were good, they gave him the award because he'd cry in the corner because he'd be the only Manning without an MVP award. Nick Manning would be much better at quarterback.

haha, If you didn't know YB, Peyton has won the MVP three times, which is equalling the record for most MVP awards. And I'm ot sure any sport would give the MVP award to show sympathy that someone is getting shit. That's like Shannon Hegarty winning Winger of the year Award for people feeling sorry for him.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 12:49 pm

Haha YB Manning has won MVP multiple times

Poor argument mate

I think hes just trying to wind you up Manningman
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Posts : 3095
Age : 25
Location : Sydney

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 12:55 pm

SBW wrote:
Haha YB Manning has won MVP multiple times

Poor argument mate

I think hes just trying to wind you up Manningman

Very poor lol. Not even the Arena Football League or Slamball would give a player the most restigious award because they feel sorry for them.
Back to top Go down
YellowBox
Rookie
YellowBox

Posts : 53
Age : 25

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:59 am

ManningMan18 wrote:
SBW wrote:
Haha YB Manning has won MVP multiple times

Poor argument mate

I think hes just trying to wind you up Manningman

Very poor lol. Not even the Arena Football League or Slamball would give a player the most restigious award because they feel sorry for them.

The MVP award has a new meaning, it's the "We Feel Sorry For You" award, you even agreed with me today.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Posts : 3095
Age : 25
Location : Sydney

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:27 am

Ummmmmm, I did? So Tom Brady throwing 50 TD's in 2007 was for feeling sorry for him. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Posts : 3095
Age : 25
Location : Sydney

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 3:52 am

Agent touts Favre's ability, but says QB remains retired


Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS -- Heard this one before? Brett Favre remains retired, as far as his agent is concerned.
Favre's longtime representative Bus Cook said Friday afternoon in an interview with The Associated Press that he is unaware of any pending change in Favre's plans.
Cook said he speaks with his friend every day, but claimed the chats aren't about football.
"He's my close friend," Cook said by phone from Hattiesburg, Miss. "He lives right up the road."
The Vikings have expressed interest in the record-setting 39-year-old quarterback, whose waffling has become an annual summer story around the NFL. But Minnesota coach Brad Childress said at a community service event on Friday that he isn't thinking about Favre, and that he did not have a deadline in mind for Favre to make a decision about his status.
"I'm thinking about the next four OTAs next week," Childress said, referring to optional offseason practices teams in May and June.
Childress took part with players, coaches, staff and executives in a playground construction project at an elementary school in the Minneapolis area.
Cook, however, acknowledged the seemingly endless possibility that Favre -- who said in February he was done for good this time -- will seek a spot in the NFL again.
"We've all changed our minds, I guess," Cook said.
Without prompting, Cook began touting Favre's ability, as if he were trying to sell the Vikings on a contract.
He said, "I would think they would pull out all the stops if they want to get the guy. I think Brett Favre just brings a whole new ballgame to any ballclub. That's no reflection on the guys that are on their team at quarterback right now, but Brett's in a different league than most."
Cook said he hasn't been in contact with the Vikings.
"I don't know what Minnesota will or won't do. I don't know what he will or won't do," Cook said.
At issue, according to recent reports, is the condition of Favre's injured right arm.
His shoulder hurt last year because of a partially torn biceps while playing for the New York Jets, and Favre insinuated at his latest retirement news conference that was his reason for leaving the game after 18 seasons.
Cook declined Friday to comment on Favre's condition, citing client confidentiality. He didn't answer a question about whether Favre was mulling, or has already had, surgery.
"Right now there's nothing to talk about," Cook said. "As far as I know, Brett's very content to be where he's at, and that's in Hattiesburg."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d810aec36&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

Posts : 7357
Age : 29
Location : Canberra

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:35 am

there is rumors saying that he has already had the surgery on his shoulder about a month ago....
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Posts : 3095
Age : 25
Location : Sydney

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:34 am

They said on ESPNEWS that the only choice for Favre in the NFL is the Vikings. They had an interview with some guy involved with them and he said that it hasn't been an issue or distraction in the locker rooms. And I heard that he already had his Surgery too.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

Posts : 7357
Age : 29
Location : Canberra

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:48 am

i watched a vid and they were discussing how farve should already know most of the offensive package at the vikings and should be able to pick it up easily if he comes in before august
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Posts : 3095
Age : 25
Location : Sydney

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 1:01 pm

But this is really big, Favres hated the Vikings for 17 years!! I still can't see it as a reality, I didn't he would come back with the Jets last year. Well, the Vikings would want him to be an active member of the team and participating in all team workouts and drills from the start of training camp. That's why Childress has given him a deadline on his decision because he doesn't want it coming in the middle of August.
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

Posts : 6119
Age : 43
Location : Bungle Bungles

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:58 pm

Should Play on as a #2 somewhere would be a great help to a up and comer possibly.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

Posts : 7357
Age : 29
Location : Canberra

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 12:30 am

brett farve is never going to play as a second lol...

he is still good enough to be a NFL starter.

but having a young QB under his wing could be a masterstroke for which ever club picks him up
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Posts : 3095
Age : 25
Location : Sydney

Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:36 am

Lol he will never be a number 2. H is way too stuck up for it and although might be a good mentor with his experiences etc. he wont take it. Last year when he was thinking of returning the packers told him that his only chance in their team is as backup as they were building for the future. He said no and demanded a trade. Wherever he goes he will start, and he will throw 20+ interceptions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Favre Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Favre Watch
Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Forumotion's free forums | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com