Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Favre Watch

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

Favre Watch - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:56 am

question is good or bad for the vikings, i love the way Favre plays...
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:03 am

i think it will be good for the vikings.... thomas jones had a great season last year with favre as the QB.. also he is better than what they would have had at QB.

i think he brings more to the offence and kinda opens it up a bit. should be good to see him play.... cant wait till he has to vs green bay Very Happy
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:35 am

dear god hes actually returned...
does this man not understand the meaning of retirement? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:40 am

i think he will do well... i really do. when you look at the qb's at minnesota i think he is the better option....

also he will be like a mentor to the other QB's...

but ill just throw it out there that he is just keeping the position warm until vick eventually gets there Razz
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:39 am

Well at least now that he is back, SportsCenter can stop going on about whether or not he'll return.

They dedicated the WHOLE hour to his return last night.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:30 am

great player, look forward to seeing him play
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:16 am

Hank Moody wrote:
question is good or bad for the vikings, i love the way Favre plays...

So you're obviously a fan of a QB throwing an interception lol. Stupid decision, he has got to realise that he has lost it. He led the league in interceptions last year and choked against many easy oponents. I will now count on either the Bears or Packers to win the NFC North. You heard it here first, if Favre is starting, the Vikings will not make the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:04 am

Well I'll bring this thread back up now Favre's season is over. He claims it is unlikely he'll return, but he retired twice, so we can never really take his word for anything.

BTW, I know I was completely wrong in my above post.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:07 am

Manning18 wrote:
Well I'll bring this thread back up now Favre's season is over. He claims it is unlikely he'll return, but he retired twice, so we can never really take his word for anything.

BTW, I know I was completely wrong in my above post.

Exactly that. Plus, I'm pretty sure he signed a two year deal with the Vikings.

He'll be back next season.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:10 am

Yeah, he had signed the two year deal, but they had already started talking about him on PTI, so there is a chance he could give it up once and for all. There really is no reason for Brett to continue playing.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:10 am

he will say he is retired.
then with about a week until the season starts he will decide to play again.

i will be more surprised to see him not back then if he is back
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:57 am

philly wrote:
he will say he is retired.
then with about a week until the season starts he will decide to play again.

i will be more surprised to see him not back then if he is back

As would I. He's just too motivated to win a Superbowl.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:36 am

Well the draft is over, mini camps have begun, which means Favre watch begins again!

looks like he has the choice of having surgery on his ankle to play or not.

"Brett Favre has been informed he requires surgery on his left ankle to play the upcoming season for the Minnesota Vikings, and the quarterback is deliberating whether to have the procedure or simply to end his 19-year NFL career by retiring.
Favre, who would turn 41 during the 2010 season, told ESPN the ankle injury that he suffered three months ago in the NFC Championship Game against the New Orleans Saints continues to be swollen and painful cause.
That prompted tests to determine why healing had not occurred and Favre sent the results of those scans to orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews, who told the quarterback his opinion that surgery is unavoidable.
"We have spoken,'' Favre said in an e-mail. "To play again, I would need the surgery, as I suspected. This decision would be easy if not for my teammates and the fans and the entire Vikings staff. One year truly felt like 10 -- much like Green Bay for many years. That's what I was missing in my heart I suppose, a since of belonging.''
Favre said he must determine whether his affection for the Vikings and his belief they are capable of winning the Super Bowl overrides his disdain for surgery.
Favre would not reveal the exact diagnosis or the prognosis on how long it would take to recover from the surgery
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 11:00 am

i was waiting for you too post something on favre hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 11:03 am

There's NO doubt in my mind, he'll have the surgery and play. He'll leave it as late as possible though, he loves the media attention.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:08 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
There's NO doubt in my mind, he'll have the surgery and play. He'll leave it as late as possible though, he loves the media attention.
This is exactly how it will happen.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 5:31 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5209161&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5209161

So yeah, Sparky is right. He's having surgery on that left ankle and is almost certain to play another year.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 5:54 am

Manning18 wrote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5209161&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5209161

So yeah, Sparky is right. He's having surgery on that left ankle and is almost certain to play another year.

Of course I was right. I know the situation all too well.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:03 pm

ahh this seems to be a boring favre watch this year haha
Back to top Go down
collo-bombers
Professional
collo-bombers

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:39 am

The 5th Annual 'Will He Or Won't He'

Quote :
Speculating about whether Brett Favre will return or retire has nearly become an annual summer event since 2006. It's become a part of summer like watermelon, homemade ice cream or fire works on the Fourth of July.

Favre Watch - Page 4 Brett-farve2

Really does this guy know when to quit, is he related to Michael Tuck ha
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:49 am

i think he will play this season. He has had the ankle surgery which suggest so and after almost making it to the superbowl last year im sure he would want another crack. And with the vikings he doesnt have to worry too much as they have a brilliant running game in adrian peterson.

Also, favre in his 40's is better than any other QB they have on their roster.

I think he will play this season but it will be his last.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:05 am

will he or wont he???? lol
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 7:12 am

Apparently we are being linked with him.

No thanks Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:00 am

lulwut. Didn't he retire for the 1000th time at the end of last season? Don't tell me he might be coming back again Laughing
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:53 pm

A favre look a like has been spotted at greenbay training sessions signing autographs and posing for photos lol.

How good is that lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Favre Watch - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favre Watch
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | Sports and Hobbies | Collectives sports | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com