Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Any TFW Members Played NFL?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Revbronco
Trainee
Revbronco

Any TFW Members Played NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:41 pm

just out of curiousity have any of our members played NFL properly? I know in australia the sport is VERY small but back when i was 15 i played for a club for a year in Brownsplains Brisbane Queensland. Back at the time i thought it would be interesting to play. Eventually though i got bored of it as the competition wasnt that broad but i must say the sport is quite fun to play if you get into it.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:18 am

Yer I play sometimes with my mates at the Park. My dad Created and played for the Gold Coast Stingrays Gridiron Club and my uncle played for Australia. I know a few people who play including a kid in my footy team who plays CB for Sydney University.

The Quality here is really bad tho, it is fun but there are literally 3 pass attempts a game so it is all RunnigBacks. I would like to play QB as my mates say im pretty good at it but not much would happen if I did play there. I might play next year or the year after when nothing is really going for me in Rugby League
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:15 pm

me and my mate are looking into getting into a team down here in canberra. the problem is that it just isnt big enough in aus.
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:17 pm

Revbronco wrote:
just out of curiousity have any of our members played NFL properly? I know in australia the sport is VERY small but back when i was 15 i played for a club for a year in Brownsplains Brisbane Queensland. Back at the time i thought it would be interesting to play. Eventually though i got bored of it as the competition wasnt that broad but i must say the sport is quite fun to play if you get into it.
Hey mate, does that mean you live near there?
I live 5 mins away from there...

I have played a couple of times at school, nothing much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
TheFeldster
Legend
TheFeldster

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:58 pm

Dragon Bomber wrote:
me and my mate are looking into getting into a team down here in canberra. the problem is that it just isnt big enough in aus.

Is ONE gonna broadcast NFL? If so, I'd say the sports popularity will grow in Aus.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:13 pm

TheFeldster wrote:
Dragon Bomber wrote:

Is ONE gonna broadcast NFL? If so, I'd say the sports popularity will grow in Aus.

i heard that they are going to try and show 3 games a week....

it was on 10HD last year so it should be on ONEHD Very Happy cant wait
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:18 pm

I played for the Pats
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:24 pm

The NZ team came to our school in year 10 and our second and third fifteens had a game against each other with all the proper gear and shit.

It was pretty cool. The biggest hits hardly even hurt with all that protection though pretty soft sport if you ask me
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:07 am

i played wide reciever for skool. quite fun
Back to top Go down
Revbronco
Trainee
Revbronco

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:44 am

Scruffy wrote:
Revbronco wrote:
Hey mate, does that mean you live near there?
I live 5 mins away from there...

I have played a couple of times at school, nothing much.

Yes that means i live near there. Across the Logan Motorway on the opposite side of brownsplains. I use to play inline hockey at the DIGI up there too.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Dragon Bomber wrote:
TheFeldster wrote:
Dragon Bomber wrote:

i heard that they are going to try and show 3 games a week....

it was on 10HD last year so it should be on ONEHD Very Happy cant wait

yeh i think so
probs a sunday arvo, sunday night and monday night game
hope the sunday arvo will be different to the one on fox sports lol
we'll see Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:03 pm

cant wait for the season to start Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:03 am

im thinking of signing up with the university of canberra team....

my mate has signed up already and the coach thinks he will make QB.

and the coach wants me to sign up and play WR. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:22 am

Dragon Bomber wrote:
im thinking of signing up with the university of canberra team....

my mate has signed up already and the coach thinks he will make QB.

and the coach wants me to sign up and play WR. Very Happy

What teams will you play against?

My American mate plays CB for University of Sydney and is playing his Grand Final against Bondi tomorrow. Im thinking of playing next year but dont know where as a QB would get literally 4 pass attempts a game.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:36 am

its just random teams in canberra.

the team i might be signing up for lost in the grand final last year.

their only problem with the team is that they dont have any good wide recievers.

when my mate told the coach that im pretty good at it he wants me to sign up straight away.

im thinking i might but it will take a while to get used too
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:11 pm

was thinking about the Rhinos up here, they lost the grand final too
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:24 am

Hank Moody wrote:
was thinking about the Rhinos up here, they lost the grand final too

Play for the Stingrays Hank, my dad created the team and they have won the Sunbowl (Grand Final) for the last three years. My dad currently holds the record for most TD's in a season, it says on the website. The coach is also really good (My Mums' cousin) as he doesnt just run the ball all day like teams down here and actually gives the QB more than 20 pass attempts a game. The QB is the backup Australian QB too.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:35 am

im going to a training session on sunday arvo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:00 pm

do you play up here manningman? where is the stingrays?
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 1:57 am

Hank Moody wrote:
do you play up here manningman? where is the stingrays?

Nah I live in Sydney but you probably wont want to play for the Stingrays, they are from the Gold Coast. But they are probably the most successful Gridiron club Australia.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:39 am

the gold coast has the best gridiron league in australia
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:38 am

Well my dad started the team with a few mates in the 80's.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 7:01 am

ive got gridiron practice this arvo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:44 am

How did it go DB?

Is the playbook a bit Run Heavy?
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:48 am

havent got the play book yet. it was a QB and WR session and i did pretty well.

the offensive coach was impressed.

go the UC FIREBIRDS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any TFW Members Played NFL?   Any TFW Members Played NFL? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any TFW Members Played NFL?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Forum free | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com