Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

NFL Considering 2nd Game in UK

Go down 
AuthorMessage
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

NFL Considering 2nd Game in UK Empty
PostSubject: NFL Considering 2nd Game in UK   NFL Considering 2nd Game in UK Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:02 am

The NFL is to consider staging a second game in the UK every season following its success in bringing teams to play regular season matches in London.
Wembley Stadium has hosted two games so far, with a third set for 25 October.
League commissioner Roger Goodell said: "The fan reaction we have had in London has been extraordinary. We would like to feed that passion.
"There have been discussions [about] a second game in another UK market - that's something that we'll evaluate.
The NFL first staged a regular-season game in London in 2007, when the New York Giants beat the Miami Dolphins 13-10.
Last year, the New Orleans Saints overcame the San Diego Chargers 37-32.
Both games were sell-outs, and fans quickly snapped up tickets for this season's game between the New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
NFL Considering 2nd Game in UK O
Goodell said there are no plans to play a Super Bowl in London, but added a second regular-season game was drawing support from league owners.
"I think the teams that have gone over [to London] have had a great experience," he said.
"We've been able to build on that, and I think teams recognise it's an honour and a privilege to play there. And it can be done without impacting them negatively."
However, some players have been critical of the overseas game because of the extensive travel involved in the middle of the season.
One team also loses a home fixture in the arrangement.
"The negative is taking the home game away from the fans," Goodell admitted.
"It's another reason why potentially restructuring the season and changing two pre-season (games) into regular-season (games) can be something that is beneficial to the fans."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/american_football/8047096.stm

why not? its worked the last 2 games theyve taken to Wembley so i think the more the merrier
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: NFL Considering 2nd Game in UK   NFL Considering 2nd Game in UK Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:37 am

I dont know why they are having games there and arent bothering to even play a pre-season or exhibition match here!! Both the UK and Australia have more dominate sports in their country. If there was one here Id go definately, and I know a lot more who would go with me.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: NFL Considering 2nd Game in UK   NFL Considering 2nd Game in UK Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:06 am

damn right id go to one too lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: NFL Considering 2nd Game in UK   NFL Considering 2nd Game in UK Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:22 am

i would love to go to one aye..... would be freaking awesome
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: NFL Considering 2nd Game in UK   NFL Considering 2nd Game in UK Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 2:29 pm

me toooo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Considering 2nd Game in UK   NFL Considering 2nd Game in UK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Considering 2nd Game in UK
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forums hosting | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com