Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

cr where cr is due

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mania
Professional
mania

cr where cr is due Empty
PostSubject: cr where cr is due   cr where cr is due Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:44 pm

Just a couple of comments on this weekends games

Brumbies and Chiefs

Chiefs were lucky that Lauaki and Masaga didnt have more ball. both making silly simple errors that could’ve cost the chiefs

Mortlock and GeorgeSmith are inarguably....class. Chiefs were lucky that they started passing the ball around cos if they had tried to retain possession around the rucks and mauls then Smith was turning over everything he got close to, out playing all 3 chiefs loosies in this area

Mortlock should’ve been given more attacking chances but on defense he stopped 2 almost certain tries. Both these players though long in the tooth must be in the aussie squad if they want to have a chance in the TriNations

Canes and QLD

Nonu, conradSmith, Weepu had sublimes games. Nonu being his typical robust line breaking self and Conrad building on nonu’s breaks. Piri payed well organising his backs and forwards.

Special mention must go to Vito who despite showing bad habits of how to hold the ball played well and was effective on offense and more importantly on defense when he put in 2 spot tackles stopping the QLD attack in its tracks, tho at this stage I haven’t decided whether is showing form or class.

Blues and Crusaders

Boring! Typical blues for this season tho. All that talent and no clue how to use it. Controversial try awarded to Toeava but luckily didn’t have a bearing on the final result.

Crusaders hung in there like a pitbull on a baby and locked down one of those elusive tight matches. Head has to back the bulls this coming weekend vs the crusaders but there is always doubt (and hope) that the crusaders can turn any high flying spectacular attacking squad to a game of grinding, forward head butting attrition.

GO THE CANES!!!
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

cr where cr is due Empty
PostSubject: Re: cr where cr is due   cr where cr is due Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:59 am

Fair calls all around mate - didn't really watch the Chiefs or Crusaders games ('cept for a few minutes of the Crusaders where I was inexplicably cheering the Blues...) but saw a few highlights. Was shocked at the low score the chiefs posted; if the Canes hadn't been so loose and penalty-happy I would be more optimistic about this weekend...

Based purely on the weekend's form:

Bulls > Crusaders
Chiefs > Canes

Bulls > Chiefs

Best result for us:

Crusaders > Bulls
Canes > Chiefs

Canes > Crusaders

Is that just wishful thinking...watch this space... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

cr where cr is due Empty
PostSubject: Re: cr where cr is due   cr where cr is due Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:29 am

I picking the Hurricanes to beat the Chiefs
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

cr where cr is due Empty
PostSubject: Re: cr where cr is due   cr where cr is due Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:46 am

yea me too rozza
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

cr where cr is due Empty
PostSubject: Re: cr where cr is due   cr where cr is due Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:48 am

samthaman15 wrote:
yea me too rozza

chiefs attack is not as good.

I use to think you support the Chiefs lol because of your avatar
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

cr where cr is due Empty
PostSubject: Re: cr where cr is due   cr where cr is due Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:12 am

haha, theyre my second fav team !
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

cr where cr is due Empty
PostSubject: Re: cr where cr is due   cr where cr is due Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:21 pm

my hearts with the canes, but as a veteran supporter of the canes and wellington, i'm not counting any chooks till they hatched. i'm just hoping canes play well, empty the tank and can be proud of their performance when they walk off.

....nah they better f&kin win

crusaders vs bulls is the big one cos if either the canes or chiefs have to travel to saffa it'll give the bulls a huge advantage

!!go the canes!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cr where cr is due Empty
PostSubject: Re: cr where cr is due   cr where cr is due Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cr where cr is due
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com