Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Super 14 Semi Finals

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

Super 14 Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:21 am

Bulls v Crusaders
Chiefs v Hurricanes

Well 3 kiwi teams and 1 african who will make the final?

For me I am hoping it will be

Hurricanes v Crusaders

but I think it will be

Chiefs v Crusaders

either way the final to be played here in New Zealand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:28 am

I think the Bulls will take the Crusaders. Im just not convinced the Crusaders backline has the points in them to take the Bulls at home
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:19 am

Based on the weekend's form the Bulls will take the Crusaders and Chiefs to beat the Canes.

Crusaders have beaten the Bulls already this weekend but the Bulls are on a roll now and I think the Crusaders have run out of gas - they only just squeaked by a very average Blues outfit.

However I do actually think that the winner of the Chiefs/Canes game will win the comp.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:38 am

Bulls
Hurricanes

hurricanes to iwin the final
Back to top Go down
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:14 am

Agree with sam. I'm gunning for the Hurricanes in the finals Smile
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:29 pm

Canes v Bulls Final Canes to win

fave Kiwi team Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:00 am

Bulls
Hurricanes

hurricanes to win the final
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:39 am

There is only one guarantee and that's atleast one New Zealand will be in the final Very Happy

Its tough to call, my head says it will be a Chiefs Bulls final, but that's the opposite of what I want.

Firstly the Chiefs you would think would get the win over the Canes, they bet them a couple of weeks ago and the Canes didn't look to exceptional last weekend although neither did the Chiefs, home advantage could be a big factor.

The Bulls should walk all over the Crusaders, Crusaders struggled against the Blues and the Bulls after having a strong season have home advantage and should be far to strong.

I would rather see Crusaders and Hurricanes win as it would give the Canes a home final, but I always worry about the Wellington boys when they play a Canterbury team, just look what happened in last years Air New Zealand Cup.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:41 am

I picked the Hurricanes because they have had better attack than the chiefs in previous weeks
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:43 am

I think it will be our attack that will win us the game, as we have proven in recent weeks we arent a strong defensive side. Also good for us is the Chiefs are missing Kahui and Leonard, two of their most important players. I just hope to see lots of useless chip kicks by Donald (like always) and Ma'a and Conrad doing the damage in the backs.

Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:43 am

Yeah the Chiefs attack has been down. . I thought Kahui was back this week?
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:44 am

Not a 100% on Kahui, thought he was out this week but he may be back I'm not too sure.

Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:06 am

To be honest - losing Kahui isn't that huge in my book. Sivivatu and Masaga still provide the strike power, and Sweeney is a more than able deputy - he's the Chiefs' answer to Tamati Ellison.

The one to really worry about is Muliaina - fatherhood has done wonders for him and he's looking to be in the best form of his life.
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:36 pm

yeah masaga's good on attack but as the saying goes

"Offense wins games defense wins championships"

sweeney and masaga showed their defensive frailties vs the brumbies

yeah mils and sivivatu are the worry in the backline. they start leading and all of the chiefs will follow

if any team can shut down the bulls at their home ground its the crusaders. crusaders shut down every attack this season except for the canes.

defense and championships
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:09 am

You're right there mania - I honestly think that the Cru could do it - but I wonder if they've hit the wall due to their pretty poor performance last weekend...
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:33 am

The Hurricanes are cemented in stone for another week, with coach Colin Cooper today unveiling an unchanged team to face the Chiefs in Friday's Super 14 rugby semifinal.

An identical starting 15 and reserve bench will line out at Hamilton's Waikato Stadium to the one who beat the Queensland Reds 37-28 in Brisbane last weekend.

There is only one change from the side who lost 16-8 to the Chiefs in Hamilton in round 13, with flanker Karl Lowe occupying the reserve bench seat which was Faifili Levave's.

Openside flanker Scott Waldrom didn't train yesterday because of a foot niggle but has been named to start.

There is still no place for All Blacks winger Hosea Gear, despite his return to full fitness after suffering a mid-season knee injury.

Cooper spoke this week of the importance of momentum through consistent selection at the end of the season after employing a rotation method through the bulk of the campaign.

HURRICANES: Cory Jane, Tamati Ellison, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, David Smith, Willie Ripia, Piri Weepu, Rodney So'oialo (captain), Scott Waldrom, Victor Vito, Jason Eaton, Jeremy Thrush, Neemia Tialata, Andrew Hore, John Schwalger. Reserves: Ged Robinson, Jacob Ellison, Bryn Evans, Karl Lowe, Alby Mathewson, Jason Kawau, Zac Guildford.
Back to top Go down
Boomer
Guru
Boomer

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:48 am

Im going to the game, go the Canes!
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:01 am

HURRICANES: Cory Jane, Tamati Ellison, Conrad
Smith, Ma'a Nonu, David Smith, Willie Ripia, Piri Weepu, Rodney
So'oialo (captain), Scott Waldrom, Victor Vito, Jason Eaton, Jeremy
Thrush, Neemia Tialata, Andrew Hore, John Schwalger. Reserves: Ged
Robinson, Jacob Ellison, Bryn Evans, Karl Lowe, Alby Mathewson, Jason
Kawau, Zac Guildford

That is a winning team!
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:47 am

Guildford should be starting. He can actually tackle properly. David Smith can not.
Back to top Go down
ravenloon
Trainee
ravenloon

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:55 pm

I think the hurricanes will look to rush up on the outside backs to keep the ball away from them. So, the tries might have to come from the forwards... God I hope Lauaki has a good game! Lol!
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:24 am

7-7 at halftime
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:28 am

good 1st half
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:17 pm

14-10 to the chiefs
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:42 pm

Gutted, Rodney should give it up.

Once again the Canes lose in a semi, so disappointing.

Back to top Go down
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 5:26 am

Noo Sad

Oh well, hopefully the Chiefs win it now. How foggy was the game last night?!?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super 14 Semi Finals   Super 14 Semi Finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super 14 Semi Finals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
How to make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com