Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

ATTN: Racism

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Would you be offended being called a white ****?
Yes, I wouldn't like it
ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Vote_lcap35%ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 35% [ 6 ]
No, I wouldn't care.
ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Vote_lcap65%ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 65% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage

ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:43 pm

Borja>Cassi (in terms of smartness and sex appeal)
Back to top Go down
Cassii
Veteran
Cassii

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:44 pm

Ouch ?
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:46 pm

Thankyou Mathew
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:48 pm

Cassii wrote:
Mate , I wouldn;t mentally last long enough to get through the court case .
Borja - haven't you learnt yet that you're not really much smarter than me ?

So you're admitting that I am?
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:48 pm

I wouldn't like it coming from a mate but some stranger saying it wouldn't worry me at all sorta i dont really know.

Last edited by Megadeecee on Thu May 28, 2009 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cassii
Veteran
Cassii

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:49 pm

Mathew's fat , looks kinda hairy and sweaty and hits on 16year old girls .
I wouldn't be too proud of yourself Borja .
Back to top Go down
TGBY
Guru
TGBY

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:52 pm

SBW wrote:
TGBY>Borja>Cassi (in terms of smartness and sex appeal)
agree
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:52 pm

I have plenty of mates who are Aboriginal, Tongan, Samoan and Kiwi. Like said above, I joke around with a few and its alright with them. There are also about 7 Tongans in my footy team, 2 Aboriginals, 2 Samoans, 1 Kiwi, 1 Lebanese and about 7 white fellas. The Tongans and Samoans have a go at eachother a bit, and the Lebanese pay out the Kiwi, visa versa. Its all good between them but as said above, when people who don't know eachother say it, then its no good since you aren't gonna take shit from them.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:53 pm

I also don't understand how races could pay out their own race with these racist names lol. They would say it to their own race but won't take it from other races.
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:54 pm

Cassii wrote:
Mathew's fat , looks kinda hairy and sweaty and hits on 16year old girls .
I wouldn't be too proud of yourself Borja .

I've seen some of the lassies he get's with. Manages well tbh.

He's a kitten.
Back to top Go down
Cassii
Veteran
Cassii

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:57 pm

Oh silly me , I found him unattractive . My mistake .
Back to top Go down
SMASH
Guru
SMASH

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:03 pm

coz youre such a babe
Back to top Go down
Cassii
Veteran
Cassii

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:05 pm

Okay the poll is about racism , not a "I hate Cassie" thread .
Back to top Go down
Black Bird
Guru
Black Bird

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:26 pm

Back on the topic

I've had to deal with a fair bit of Racism over my schooling years, and i can say it doesnt feel great. Its a thing that i think will never be erraticated. and the thing is there is really no reason to racially abuse someone, i doubt half the people that have abused me couldnt even locate Croatia on a map.

and i think the question was asked earlier about why it isnt racist if a white person is called a white **** or something, i think that its not racist because of what has happened in the past
Back to top Go down
http://www.teals_hot_mum.com
SMASH
Guru
SMASH

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:34 pm

I think most people here would have copped some racism at some time. It's quite sad that an Australian would cop racism in Australia, but we're the minority at my school Smile western suburbs ftw
Back to top Go down
TGBY
Guru
TGBY

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:37 pm

haha true Wetsern Suburbs represent

what suburb are you from again
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy
Guru
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:05 pm

oh shit, Western Suburb boys. represent for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sprooly
Guru
Sprooly

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:07 pm

When someone swears and they say pardon the french is that rasict?
Back to top Go down
SMASH
Guru
SMASH

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:11 pm

Sprooly wrote:
we were discussing this at school the other day, what do the french say?
Back to top Go down
Enforcer
Guru
Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 1:04 am

SMASH wrote:
Sprooly wrote:
we were discussing this at school the other day, what do the french say?

Nah I dont find that racist, just a figure of speech.

Like I said before about how I was bullied for my nationality, if I went back to those wankers and said something about Australia like "the good thing about France is that there are no bogans", my balls would be hanging off some power lines. (NOTE: I would never say anything bad about Australia, that was a hypothetical sentence)
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 1:06 am

I wouldn't find that racist.

The only thing I consider racist because it's no longer true in a contemporary sense is calling Australians convicts.
Back to top Go down
smashedmirror704
Guru
smashedmirror704

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:11 am

Cynic wrote:
I wouldn't find that racist.

The only thing I consider racist because it's no longer true in a contemporary sense is calling Australians convicts.

What has that got to do with race? Australian convicts were Anglo-Saxon and this insult comes from... the English? Who are? Anglo-Saxon?

All this discussion about what constitutes racism boils down to one thing:

The intention of the person who is making the comment.

If they mean something in a racist way, even if nobody takes offence, they are racist.
If they are joking, and people are offended, then they may need to be a little more tactful and sensitive, but they are not racist.

I also think people ought to be clear in terms: Getting paid out for being French or Croatian isn't racism, because France and Croatia aren't races. I am not trying to diminish this issue, or pretend that real hurt is not caused, but it is a separate thing (and one I am sure people would be more than happy to discuss in a different thread Smile ).
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:14 am

If not racist then just offensive.

Most Australians these days have nothing to do with the Anglo-Saxon origins. To call us convicts in an attempt to link us to those origins is not something I would appreciate.

I'd punch the guys lights out whether he was joking or not. If he was joking that's probably worse.

Maybe it's just because I don't like being called what I know I'm not. Which would explain why I brush off the hypocrite comments I get regularly...
Back to top Go down
smashedmirror704
Guru
smashedmirror704

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:19 am

Offensive, yes, racist no.

Though personally, I don't really have a problem with it. It is now so far removed from the truth that it carries no weight.

I could only see it as being offensive when someone calls you a convict and you actually had convict ancestors. If you didn't then it's simply inaccurate, and a bit silly. If you did, then as the great Enlightenment thinker Jean Jacques Rousseau said, you deserve not to be punished for the crimes of your kin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Racism   ATTN: Racism - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ATTN: Racism
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com