Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Australia vs. Barbarians

Go down 

Who Will Win?
Australia
Australia vs. Barbarians Vote_lcap25%Australia vs. Barbarians Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Barbarians
Australia vs. Barbarians Vote_lcap75%Australia vs. Barbarians Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

Australia vs. Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:23 pm

Australia vs. Barbarians
Saturday, June 06.

Wallabies: Adam Ashley-Cooper, Lachie Turner, Stirling Mortlock (capt), Berrick Barnes, Drew Mitchell, Matt Giteau, Luke Burgess, Richard Brown, George Smith, Matt Hodgson, Nathan Sharpe, James Horwill, Al Baxter, Stephen Moore, Benn Robinson.
Reserves: Tatafu Polota-Nau, Ben Alexander, Dean Mumm, David Pocock, Josh Valentine, Quade Cooper, James O'Connor.

Barbarians: Geordan Murphy (Ireland), Iain Balshaw (England), Sonny Bill Williams (NZ uncapped), Seilala Mapusua (Samoa), Josh Lewsey (England), Luke McAlister (NZ), Chris Whitaker (Aust), Rocky Elsom (Aust), Phil Waugh (Aust capt), Jerry Collins (NZ), Paul Tito (NZ uncapped), Chris Jack (NZ), BJ Botha (South Africa), Sebastien Bruno (France), Clarke Dermody (NZ).
Reserves: Schalk Brits (South Africa), Greg Somerville (NZ), Martin Corry (England), Serge Betsen (France), Justin Marshall (NZ), Glen Jackson (NZ uncapped), Ben Blair (NZ).

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:26 pm

Up the wallabies!!!!
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:28 pm

wallabies by a lot i think
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:04 pm

Wallabies, but i like some of the names in that Barbarians line up
Back to top Go down
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:19 am

WALLAABIEESSS!!!

I hope SBW gets smashed into a pulp.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:59 am

Barbarians to expose the Wallabies ahead of a winless Tri-Nations Smile
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:15 am

haha Australia by 20 or so
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:34 am

Barbarians

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:55 am

Is this game on tv live in nz?
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:08 am

Not sure, if it is probably only on the rugby channel

Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:13 am

babas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:33 am

ok thanks hendo.

hopefully it is. I don't have the rugby channel Mad
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:28 am

Rocky Elsom has been ruled out of tonight's match.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25596197-5016959,00.html

Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:59 am

Can't wait too see how good SBW actually is
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:22 pm

Rozza wrote:
Can't wait too see how good SBW actually is

not that great to be honest with you... he got smashed on numerous occasions but to be fair he did show glimses of what he can do with the ball...

Much to good for the Babas tonight as expected... still very rusty in patches but all in all a great performance to get our campaign off and running..

Up the Wallabies!!!
Back to top Go down
YellowBox
Rookie
YellowBox

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:27 pm

It was a pretty good game. I expected the Barbarians to put up much more of a fight. Mortlock did a pretty good job for the Wallabies and the hits he put on Sonny Bill were good.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:50 am

Yeah, I wasn't overly impressed with SBW. He was far too high in the tackle areas and paid for it - that missed try near the start could've been scored if he'd gone in right - not to take away from Burgess' fine tackle.

McAlister did all right I felt - though suffered from the overall scrappy performance of the team. His time in the JABs will be closely watched.

JC actually did well from my perspective - doing the dirty work needed though without his trademark hits.

Waugh I was REALLY impressed with - he sent a clear signal to his teammates that he's still a force to be reckoned with.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:55 am

Oh - and Justin Marshall was a TOOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 3:51 am

I was extremely happy to see SBW get floored a few times, and to see us get up by 40-odd points Smile
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 6:15 am

I think people forget how inexperienced Sonny Bill is at rugby, something like only 16 games? And he was marking up against a guy who had played 70+ test matches. And what was pretty close to the top team for Deans.

He needs to ditch the instrinctive offloads and trust his team to recycle possession and he was found out on defence a couple of times when Giteau scored and Turner beat him for pace. But how many other S14 grade players have had those two do exactly the same thing to them?

All things considered, I was actually pretty impressed and would love to see him develop further by playing S14 sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 6:20 am

If he is to come and play in New Zealand, I cant see him being an All Black until after the World Cup, we have Conrad and Kahui who both are exceptional centers and Toeava aswell. He should chuck on a 6/8 jersey.

Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 6:30 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
If he is to come and play in New Zealand, I cant see him being an All Black until after the World Cup, we have Conrad and Kahui who both are exceptional centers and Toeava aswell. He should chuck on a 6/8 jersey.

He has more chance of making it as a midfielder than a loosie. The intricacies of looseforward play would take years to even grasp, let alone master for an ex leaguie. Thorn tried initially and eventually got shunted in tighter.

Besides, injuries could yet play a huge part leading up to 2011. Smith had that bad leg break a couple of seasons ago and Kahui is obviously going through yet another lengthy spell on the sidelines. And Toeava's long term future could yet be at 15.

I'd say there's definitely room for Sonny Bill, if he wants it bad enough.
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:29 am

d4m theres some sbw haters. u should get over it, i'm sure he is when counting all his millions. all this furore over sbw is just fueling his popularity, however infamous.

sbw played well i thought. considering he's never been exposed to test level union players and was marked by one of the all time best centres in mortlock.

keep in mind that the baabaas played a top tiered team sbw wasnt daunted. he got lots hits yet still carried on playing. he does have sh!tloads to learn though. defense wise he was shown up a couple times though not his fault, he's gotta learn how to cover two people when out numbered.

bit worried bout his acceleration as a centre tho. he's gifted so he's got a head start but its brains not brawn that counts in union and i'm not entirely sure he has time to learn the intricacies of rugby and then make the ABs

i agree with 40/20, theres no way he could play in the forwards let alone in the loosies. his best position is centre if he can learn quick enough

jerry played awesome!!, still got it and welcome him back to the ABs. considering he did all the work he didnt have any time to put in any hits or say his patented catch phrase "JERRY SMASH PUNY HUMAN!!"
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:04 am

mania wrote:
jerry played awesome!!, still got it and welcome him back to the ABs. considering he did all the work he didnt have any time to put in any hits or say his patented catch phrase "JERRY SMASH PUNY HUMAN!!"

You've been saying that wrong ever since I first told it to you - it's just JERRY SMASH (as in HULK SMASH) - sheesh Smile

But yes, JC was the BaaBaa's best on the field. Got his hands dirty and really roughed them up. No surprise it was the Oz 6 who was injured Smile
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Anger
ugh, pantherus cheeky human, think he got bigger brain and bigger england. mania smash puny monitor for look me see blog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Australia vs. Barbarians   Australia vs. Barbarians Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Australia vs. Barbarians
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting  | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com