Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

SBW eligible to represent Wallabies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Empty
PostSubject: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:08 am

Sonny Bill Williams says he is eligible for Wallabies because of Australian grandmother

Rugby convert Sonny Bill Williams has revealed he is eligible to represent the Wallabies because he has an Australian grandmother.

Williams played rugby league for New Zealand and is also eligible for the All Blacks and Samoa.

But his Australian maternal grandmother means he could potentially play for Australia under IRB regulations.

The sticking point is that Australia and New Zealand only pick players from the Super rugby competition, meaning Williams would need to return from French club Toulon to be selected for either country.

“My grandma, she's full-blooded Australian, I think she grew up in Paddington,'' Williams told the Australian Rugby Union's website, www.rugby.com.au.

Told that meant he could eventually play for any of three countries, he said: “I guess so. I've always just said I'm half Kiwi and half Samoan but I guess I am a bit Aussie.

“When I was young it was funny because I always used to think my Nana was a bit strange, it was just that Aussie sense of humour and when I came over here I knew what she was on about.

“She's a good old lady.''

Williams played his first rugby match on Australian soil for the Barbarians in Saturday night's 55-7 loss to the Wallabies at the Sydney Football Stadium.
-----
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25600296-5016959,00.html

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:09 am

I dont want him!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:11 am

If he turned on his country I would lose all respect for him, I would quickly join the I hate SBW club, if he plays international rugby it better be for the ABs.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:11 am

Panthers wrote:
“She's a good old lady.''

lol
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:12 am

The plot thickens . I hope someone shoots john o'neil he is pure evil.
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:19 am

He better not!
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:53 am

I just hate this guy even more
Back to top Go down
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:15 pm

What a dick, if he joins us I will change allegiances to some other country...I hate SBW so much and I will never support a side he is in.
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 4:03 pm

Hendo Maroon wrote:
If he turned on his country I would lose all respect for him, I would quickly join the I hate SBW club, if he plays international rugby it better be for the ABs.

Sooo the only reason you don't hate him already for what he did is because he's a kiwi?
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 3:06 am

Pfft - they'd never take him. It was telling how loud the cheers were every time he was tackled - especially the beauty from Mortlock.

The new centre for the Wallabie will be either Cross or Ioane. Not SBW.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 3:09 am

Caity wrote:
Hendo Maroon wrote:

Sooo the only reason you don't hate him already for what he did is because he's a kiwi?

Ditching your club is one thing, but turning on your country to play for Aussie, our biggest sporting rivals is a hole new level of scum.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:31 am

Yeah i would be dissapointed if he played for aussie. He would be the worst player in history and most hated if he did so. If he does i dont care a shit about him.
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:52 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Caity wrote:
Hendo Maroon wrote:

Ditching your club is one thing, but turning on your country to play for Aussie, our biggest sporting rivals is a hole new level of scum.

Yea exactly. And besides, not everyone is on the I hate SBW bandwagon either.

He was an idiot for leaving the way he did, but compared to what other players in the NRL have done recently, SBW's "crime" was barely a misdemeanor.
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:22 am

Yeah, i still like him as a player!
Back to top Go down
esodays brah
Guru
esodays brah

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:46 pm

i wana see this happen
i dun mind sbw
Back to top Go down
ravenloon
Trainee
ravenloon

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 1:06 pm

We'll take him. Maybe he didnt feel any loyalty or feel comfortable with a sport that had such nasty off-field antics and pressure? I say hes well rid of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:23 pm

Haha no way would he play for Aus

a) He's far more of a NZer than an Australian
b) We have a much better team
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:25 pm

SBW wrote:

We are closing the gap... you will be able to confirm for me that the allblacks have coped an absolute pasteing in the press lately.. Apparently the worst NZ side ever or something along those lines?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:29 pm

Beckham23 wrote:
SBW wrote:

We are closing the gap... you will be able to confirm for me that the allblacks have coped an absolute pasteing in the press lately.. Apparently the worst NZ side ever or something along those lines?

Nah nothing like that has been said at all in all seriousness

A lot of form players in there. Very inexperienced, but definitely a good side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:31 pm

ahhh really fox sports news must be talking shit...

Definately not a very intimidating team however
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:01 am

The squad for this game against the French tonight has been said as one of the weakest All Blacks side, but that's because we have so many injuries to a lot of good players.

Injured players are: Dan Carter, Richie McCaw, Ali Williams, Conrad Smith, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Richard Kahui all except Kahui would be in the starting 15 if they were available.

I think at full strength the gap between NZ and AUS has gotten bigger, Australia couldn't even get a team in the top 4 of the Super 14, we had 3.

Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:51 am

i think our junior tem could come close to the wallabies on a good day!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:12 am

Keep telling yourselves that.. Under Robbie we will only become stronger.. we have quality youth coming through and all in all i feel we will close the gap over the campaign
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:14 am

Robbie Deans is shit, I am so glad we kept King Henry. We will win the Bledisloe this year and next and win the WC in 2011.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SBW eligible to represent Wallabies   SBW eligible to represent Wallabies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SBW eligible to represent Wallabies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com