Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

McAlister Called up for ABs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

McAlister Called up for ABs Empty
PostSubject: McAlister Called up for ABs   McAlister Called up for ABs Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 3:11 am

Quote :
Returning player Luke McAlister is to join the All Blacks as replacement for centre Richard Kahui, the NZRU has announced.

McAlister, who played in Saturday night's Barbarians loss to the Wallabies, will join the squad in Dunedin.

Meanwhile, Crusaders first five-eighths Stephen Brett has been called into the Junior All Blacks to replace McAlister.

Kahui is to miss rugby for up to six months to undergo surgery on an injured shoulder.

McAlister, 25, has played 22 tests for the All Blacks and re-signed with the New Zealand Rugby Union earlier this year through to 2012.

The NZRU board exercised its discretion over selection eligibility in April, allowing McAlister to come into the All Blacks squad if injury ruled out players.

McAlister underwent knee surgery in February then parted ways with his Sale club after two seasons, turning down lucrative offers to re-sign with the NZRU.

All Blacks coach Graham Henry said McAlister's time playing for Sale had made him a stronger player.

"Luke returns to the All Blacks squad better for the rugby experience in the Northern Hemisphere and will provide us with more backline options for the Iveco Series and beyond," Henry said.

- NZPA

Well it happened. They've caved and brought him in even though it was a centre they needed - sending strong suggestions that a) Nonu may be considered as a Centre (I'd rather him there than Toeava) and b) Weepu's place on the bench is markedly less secure now that his role as inside-back utility is gone. Leonard will be loving it...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

PostSubject: Re: McAlister Called up for ABs   McAlister Called up for ABs Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 3:20 am

Was I called up?
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: McAlister Called up for ABs   McAlister Called up for ABs Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 3:26 am

I wish they would put McAlister in instead of Donald.

9. Cowan
10. McAslister
11. Sivi
12. Nonu
13. Toeava
14. Joe Rok
15. Mils

20. Weepu - 9 & 10
21. Ellison - 11, 12??, 13, 14 & 15
22. Jane - 11, 14 & 15

That would probably be my ideal backline, Donald is shit. Be great to see Ellison called up, he is very versatile and had a great super 14.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: McAlister Called up for ABs   McAlister Called up for ABs Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:01 am

Why would you want Toeava over Smith Hendo? Caught up in all the media hype surrounding him?
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: McAlister Called up for ABs   McAlister Called up for ABs Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:03 am

chrishbhs wrote:
Why would you want Toeava over Smith Hendo? Caught up in all the media hype surrounding him?

Haha no way, Smith I heard is not available for this weekends game, Conrad would definitely be my first pick, moving Toeava to the bench in place of Ellison.

Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: McAlister Called up for ABs   McAlister Called up for ABs Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:07 am

And yet you put Sivi in there when he's also injured?
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: McAlister Called up for ABs   McAlister Called up for ABs Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:09 am

Oh my bad, forgot about Sivi, well then I suppose you have to go with Wulf, although I'd much prefer Masaga.

Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: McAlister Called up for ABs   McAlister Called up for ABs Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:56 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
I wish they would put McAlister in instead of Donald.

9. Cowan
10. McAslister
11. Sivi
12. Nonu
13. Toeava
14. Joe Rok
15. Mils

20. Weepu - 9 & 10
21. Ellison - 11, 12??, 13, 14 & 15
22. Jane - 11, 14 & 15

That would probably be my ideal backline, Donald is shit. Be great to see Ellison called up, he is very versatile and had a great super 14.

Ellsion can play 10 as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McAlister Called up for ABs   McAlister Called up for ABs Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:25 am

Well that was quick but a great move by the ab's imo... He is a match winner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McAlister Called up for ABs   McAlister Called up for ABs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McAlister Called up for ABs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Create free forum | Sports and Hobbies | Collectives sports | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com