Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

First 2009 ABs squad named

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

First 2009 ABs squad named Empty
PostSubject: First 2009 ABs squad named   First 2009 ABs squad named Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:12 am

Quote :
Isaac Ross will become All Black number 1088 when he makes his Test debut against France in Dunedin on Saturday night.

Ross will joins his Crusaders teammate Brad Thorn in the second row, while 24-year-old Hawke's Bay lock Bryn Evans and 23-year-old Bay of Plenty loose forward Tanerau Latimer also look set to make their test debuts off the bench.

Prop Tony Woodcock will play his 50th Test for the All Blacks and together with Andrew Hore and Neemia Tialata forms an experienced front row.

Otago's Adam Thomson will play on his home ground of Carisbrook at openside flanker, with fellow 2008 All Blacks debutants Kieran Read at blindside flanker and Liam Messam at number eight.

In the backline, Jimmy Cowan starts at halfback, with Stephen Donald getting his third Test start in the number 10 jersey. Ma’a Nonu and Isaia Toeava form a powerful midfield, with Josevata Rokocoko and Rudi Wulf on the wings. Captain Mils Muliaina, at fullback, becomes the 64th All Blacks Test captain in his 69th Test.

"We will be facing a very experienced, strong French side while the All Blacks squad will be a good mixture of experienced players and others who are relatively new to the All Blacks,'' All Blacks coach Graham Henry said.

"So this first Iveco Series Test is going to be a huge challenge for the team and is shaping up to be another classic All Blacks-France Test match."

The team is:

Mils Muliaina (captain), Joe Rokocoko, Isaia Toeava, Ma'a Nonu, Rudi Wulf, Stephen Donald, Jimmy Cowan, Liam Messam, Adam Thomson, Kieran Read, Isaac Ross, Brad Thorn, Neemia Tialata, Andrew Hore, Tony Woodcock.

Reserves: Keven Mealamu, John Afoa, Bryn Evans, Tanerau Latimer, Piri Weepu, Luke McAlister, Cory Jane.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: First 2009 ABs squad named   First 2009 ABs squad named Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:40 am

Only one real suprise, thats Latimer on the bench, Thomson in 7 and Read in 6. Thought Read would of been on the bench, Latimer at 7 and Thomson at 6.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: First 2009 ABs squad named   First 2009 ABs squad named Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:42 am

That's what I reckon they should've done - but reports in the media kept referring to this lineup so I'm not totally surprised. Expect Latimer to start vs Italy though.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: First 2009 ABs squad named   First 2009 ABs squad named Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:43 am

Thomson (or maybe Messam) has been the inform 6 and Latimer has been the best 7 for NZ teams, thought it would of been the logical choice.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: First 2009 ABs squad named   First 2009 ABs squad named Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:44 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Only one real suprise, thats Latimer on the bench, Thomson in 7 and Read in 6. Thought Read would of been on the bench, Latimer at 7 and Thomson at 6.

I guess they decided to go with what little experience they do have with the starting XV initially.

And even then, thats got to be one of the greenest looseforward trios we've put out in a long, long time.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: First 2009 ABs squad named   First 2009 ABs squad named Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:50 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Thomson (or maybe Messam) has been the inform 6 and Latimer has been the best 7 for NZ teams, thought it would of been the logical choice.

Agree. Looks even worse when Deans is obviously playing his guys on form, while Henry's got a few guys solely on reputation...

Oh well - I guess they want to get these guys ready for next week, then play the newbies against Italy.
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: First 2009 ABs squad named   First 2009 ABs squad named Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:55 am

Good team, im suprised that Evans got picked.
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: First 2009 ABs squad named   First 2009 ABs squad named Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:44 am

I dont think Read is getting enough credit for what he has done for the Crusaders this year, he was the key player in that side and gets through a ridiculous amount of work each game. He was second best NZ loose forward in the comp behind Thompson and this way we get both of them in there
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: First 2009 ABs squad named   First 2009 ABs squad named Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:17 am

Pfft - Read is just Reuben Thorne (aka Captain Invisible) Mark II.
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: First 2009 ABs squad named   First 2009 ABs squad named Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:22 am

Someone in the team has to make heaps of tackles and Read is that man. The All Black equivalent of Michael Luck. Also got all right ball skills and gets some good turnovers too
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: First 2009 ABs squad named   First 2009 ABs squad named Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 1:30 am

That man is Messam - not Read.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good player - but he's being typically hyped up by one-eyed cantabs. He still is yet to prove himself - and if he does, good for him.
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: First 2009 ABs squad named   First 2009 ABs squad named Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:00 am

Messam is more of a ball runner than Read, hence why he is at 8, but Read gets through way more work than him during a game. I'm not from Canterbury, least favourite NZ team, just know a good player when I see one
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: First 2009 ABs squad named   First 2009 ABs squad named Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:25 am

TBH - I'm also totally turned off from Read due to his and Brett's attitudes last year, they had this haughty air around them that they were somehow OWED an ABs call-up. He's got that look about him in every fricken photo I see and looks like such an arrogant c*nt.

Plus he's too much like Thorne and I can't stand that prick either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First 2009 ABs squad named   First 2009 ABs squad named Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First 2009 ABs squad named
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com