Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

 

 Is Australia Racist?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
TGBY
Guru
TGBY

Posts : 6118
Age : 909
Location : The Emirates

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:10 am

socceroos06 wrote:
This is very hard because 99% of Australians who make racist remarks dont actually mean it. Like me for example, i have asian, greek or african mates and I joke about with them all the time. They don't care or anything and i knew i was offending them i would certainly stop

racist bastard
Back to top Go down
Niv
Guru
Niv

Posts : 3616
Age : 28
Location : Adelaide

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:50 am

I stopped being a racist a while ago, because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people Very Happy
Back to top Go down
carlton12
Legend
carlton12

Posts : 12353
Age : 24
Location : Victoria

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:55 am

Niv wrote:
I stopped being a racist a while ago, because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people Very Happy

Bahahaha great call.

lol @ bb as well
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 10:01 am

i admit i can be racist at times.. the attitude of certain individuals from other races can at times change my opinion of that race as a whole. however i always treat people with respect unless they have shown me they are undeserving of it.
Back to top Go down
carlton12
Legend
carlton12

Posts : 12353
Age : 24
Location : Victoria

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 10:09 am

Styletix wrote:
i admit i can be racist at times.. the attitude of certain individuals from other races can at times change my opinion of that race as a whole. however i always treat people with respect unless they have shown me they are undeserving of it.

Yep, that's the way to go about it Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 843646

btw Style, have u been around lately? Haven't really noticed you too much
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 10:13 am

carlton10 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
i admit i can be racist at times.. the attitude of certain individuals from other races can at times change my opinion of that race as a whole. however i always treat people with respect unless they have shown me they are undeserving of it.

Yep, that's the way to go about it Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 843646

btw Style, have u been around lately? Haven't really noticed you too much

not really been a lil busy... i try to pop in when i can
Back to top Go down
_fb_
Guru
_fb_

Posts : 4130

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 9:58 am

Niv wrote:
I stopped being a racist a while ago, because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people Very Happy

real funny, you racist scum.


(jks)


Last edited by Fiji_Bati on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

Posts : 4543
Age : 26

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 10:29 am

Sometimes but not often my dad is a racist **** tbh
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

Posts : 6040
Age : 28
Location : Fortress Emirates

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 10:30 am

lol
aussie - not really racist
america - really freaking racist
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

Posts : 3104
Location : Sydney

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:28 am

philly wrote:
lol
aussie - not really racist
america - really freaking racist

+1 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

Posts : 1123
Age : 31
Location : Melbourne

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:46 pm

The biggest problem is political correctness. Nobody's able to have a frank conversation with anyone, everything gets sugar-coated or glossed over because people are guilt-tripped into thinking they'll offend someone. The worst part is the "offended" party is often some affluent white person vainly trying to pass themselves off as a sophisticate. Professional grievance-mongers are a joke.

PC is an attitude which cripples British society and is seeping into our culture too, to our detriment. Being frank and honest in your dealings with people is the best policy, not creating an environment where anything that doesn't pass muster with self-appointed moral arbiters gets shouted down. Society's headed in a bad direction right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

Posts : 10656
Age : 25
Location : Brisbane QLD

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:31 pm

Racism is a major problem at my school.
Not the ones that have been raised in Australia though, the ones that have come over here.

For example, at school there are a shitload of Samoan's and Kiwis (Don't want to sound racist but they are pretty much all black...this group of like 15-20)
And well, they get real annoying, they think they are better than us, and when we used to play tackle bullrush at lunch time, they would come over to us, and we wouldn't let them play. So they start calling us racist, and saying that we will not let them play because they are 'black'! Some main quotes of people one day, when we wouldn't let them play. They called us racist, then went on to say this, 2 mins later when walking off.
One guy says "You are racists cunts, wont let us play coz we are black ae you fucking white dicks"
Another one just simply goes "Your scared of us coz we are black you racist white cunts"
These two were basically, calling themselves black, saying that we are being racist, when we never said anything about their skin colour, then go on to call us dickheads because we are white.
Then this one guy really pissed me off, when he said something like this "Why don't you dicks look at Obama. He lives in the white house and his black he should paint it black ae"
That was a really annoying one, that really pissed me off, as they were saying that we were racist then going on to say shit like that.

Then one day, there was a fight happening, adn they were all following it, and nothing ended up happening. Then someone yells out "Fobs assemble" then another one yells something out and then about 5 of them start yelling out about blacks being better than whites and crap like that.

Although, it is not just them who are racist, plenty of actual people who have lived here their whole lives are racist. So to answer the question a simple way.. No Australia is not racist. Some people in Australia are racist, but not all of them.

I do not like to think of myself as racist, but I have asian friends, I know England people that I am not close friends with, but still sort of friends with. If I am a mate with them, I don't hesitate to be like "Oi Asia!" or "Oi ya bloody pommy" and it does not bother me if they respond saying something about me being an Aussie or what not, it is all good if you are mates with them.


/end ramble
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

Posts : 6486
Age : 26
Location : olympic park

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Fair post scruff, i agree with what your sayin
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

Posts : 10656
Age : 25
Location : Brisbane QLD

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:37 pm

Racism at some schools is just horrible.

I even see it in peoples msn names all the time.

Half the time at high schools, you see fights that are over what skin colour you are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Posts : 6699

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:39 pm

DaneSwan#36 wrote:
Racism at some schools is just horrible.

I even see it in peoples msn names all the time.

Half the time at high schools, you see fights that are over what skin colour you are.

Yeah it is also bad at our school. We got heaps of Serbians, Macedonians, Greek and what have you, and yeah there are a lot of fights involving them with Aussies.
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

Posts : 6486
Age : 26
Location : olympic park

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:42 pm

It's not that bad at our school, in fact no-one is really racist. Although the Asian exchange students never associate with the Aussies and just stay amongst themselves no matter how many times we try to include them
Back to top Go down
_fb_
Guru
_fb_

Posts : 4130

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 3:32 am

DaneSwan#36 wrote:
Racism is a major problem at my school.
Not the ones that have been raised in Australia though, the ones that have come over here.

For example, at school there are a shitload of Samoan's and Kiwis (Don't want to sound racist but they are pretty much all black...this group of like 15-20)
And well, they get real annoying, they think they are better than us, and when we used to play tackle bullrush at lunch time, they would come over to us, and we wouldn't let them play. So they start calling us racist, and saying that we will not let them play because they are 'black'! Some main quotes of people one day, when we wouldn't let them play. They called us racist, then went on to say this, 2 mins later when walking off.
One guy says "You are racists cunts, wont let us play coz we are black ae you fucking white dicks"
Another one just simply goes "Your scared of us coz we are black you racist white cunts"
These two were basically, calling themselves black, saying that we are being racist, when we never said anything about their skin colour, then go on to call us dickheads because we are white.
Then this one guy really pissed me off, when he said something like this "Why don't you dicks look at Obama. He lives in the white house and his black he should paint it black ae"
That was a really annoying one, that really pissed me off, as they were saying that we were racist then going on to say shit like that.

Then one day, there was a fight happening, adn they were all following it, and nothing ended up happening. Then someone yells out "Fobs assemble" then another one yells something out and then about 5 of them start yelling out about blacks being better than whites and crap like that.

Although, it is not just them who are racist, plenty of actual people who have lived here their whole lives are racist. So to answer the question a simple way.. No Australia is not racist. Some people in Australia are racist, but not all of them.

I do not like to think of myself as racist, but I have asian friends, I know England people that I am not close friends with, but still sort of friends with. If I am a mate with them, I don't hesitate to be like "Oi Asia!" or "Oi ya bloody pommy" and it does not bother me if they respond saying something about me being an Aussie or what not, it is all good if you are mates with them.


/end ramble


That's exactly how it is at our school, but with the indigenous boys not the Polynesians.
They don't bother me and my mates as we are all mostly blacks but whenever we play rugby at school they always want to play Whites vs Blacks or when they're playing footy by themselves they only allow blacks to play and when the whites are playing their own game they want to join in and when they don't allow them to play they start calling them 'racist'.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

Posts : 1123
Age : 31
Location : Melbourne

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Some of my black friends find the attitude of other black dudes really funny. You know the type? Think they're uber-macho, all white guys are wimps, etc.

One such person was mouthing off at me while at a bar with some mates earlier this year. I gladly returned serve, and he came that "you wimpy white cunt" trash. One of my mates, English with Jamaican ancestry, turns around and says "he may be white, but he'll punch the black right out of you, batty-boy." The look on that chump's face was priceless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Fuzzy
Guru
Fuzzy

Posts : 4113
Age : 33

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:07 am

White boys are wimps.........................pretty racist right there!
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Posts : 10081
Location : Adelaide

Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:01 am

Oh nah Australia isn't racist, not racist at all just almost everyday there are Australians beating up non Australians and people getting stabbed, shot etc. But no no of course we aren't racist Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Australia Racist?   Is Australia Racist? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Is Australia Racist?
Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com