Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Team of the decade?

Go down 

Steelers or Patriots
Steelers
Team of the decade? Vote_lcap0%Team of the decade? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Patriots
Team of the decade? Vote_lcap100%Team of the decade? Vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
DB
Guru
DB

Team of the decade? Empty
PostSubject: Team of the decade?   Team of the decade? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 1:12 am

By Ed Thompson

I know that I should avoid this question from Steel City Insider's Pittsburghsgoingtothesuperbowl because I'm bound to get thrown under the bus by fans from both teams. But it's just too good to pass up.

He wanted to know whether I thought the Steelers or the Patriots would be considered the team of the decade if Pittsburgh not only wins their third Super Bowl in the past five years, but mows down Tom Brady and the Patriots head-to-head in the postseason in the process.
Well, I think the only way I could give that nod to the Steelers would be if they win it all and the Patriots fail to make the playoffs again. That would result in both teams having three Lombardi Trophies, but the Steelers would have seven playoff appearances since 2000 versus six for New England.
But if the Patriots also make their seventh playoff appearance, I'd use regular-season records during the decade as my next tie-breaker. And if the Patriots amass enough wins to qualify for the playoffs, it's unlikely the Steelers could overcome New England's current 7.5-game advantage with their 102-42 record versus Pittsburgh's 94-49-1 mark

a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Team of the decade?   Team of the decade? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:16 am

i hate both Razz
but i hate the Pats more and it pains me to say it but i think Patriots are the team of the Decade
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Team of the decade?   Team of the decade? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:26 am

i was thinking that the pats should still be the team of the decade...

they have been a much stronger force over the whole decade.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Team of the decade?   Team of the decade? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:32 am

I hate both like AFC but I would say the patriots. I'm not sure the Steelers would fare well with having their MVP QB out and a guy that hasn't started a game since High School. The patriots have an all-round team with strengths in every position. They have the best coach in the NFL and had their MVP QB out and still went 11-5!!

The Steelers ahve great talent all over the field as well, but the patriots performance last year with not just the QB out, proved they are the best team in the comp. The colts on the other hand had Peyton, Marvin, Sanders, Freeny, Mathis, Edge James and Wayne in their team. Not exactly and all round team but a playoff contender for every year. Unfortunately we only won 1 SB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team of the decade?   Team of the decade? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team of the decade?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting  | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com