Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Top 99 players

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DB
Guru
DB

Top 99 players Empty
PostSubject: Top 99 players   Top 99 players Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:27 am

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9666292/Top-99-players-for-'09:-No.-1-20

I saw this article on FOX and i thought it was pretty interesting.

ill only post the top 10 but you can click on the link to see the rest.

10. Ed Reed, S, Baltimore Ravens: Perhaps no defensive player can impact a football game quite like Reed. On top of the frequent interceptions (he led the league in both 2004 and 2008), he can take them back to the house for scores. Reed's five interceptions in five career postseason games prove he gets it done in big games, too.
9. Julius Peppers, DE, Carolina Panthers: The best defensive end in the game, Peppers was the force behind the Panthers' magical '08 season. Still playing his very best, he's one of the rare defensive players that can singlehandedly will a team to victory. With a new defensive coordinator, Carolina needs him in camp sooner rather than later. That deal needs to get done.
8. Jared Allen, DE, Minnesota Vikings: An absolute beast and arguably the NFL's best pass-rushing defensive end since Michael Strahan, Allen made an already strong Minnesota defense even stronger in '08. A nightmare for offensive tackles and an inspired leader in the locker room, he's emerged from a career riddled with off-the-field mishaps to become one of the league';s very best players.
7. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints: Is No. 7 overall a little high for a player who hasn't played in a postseason game in two years? Perhaps. But there's no doubting Brees' skills, leadership and ability. Brees is a top-five quarterback in the league, and with some defense — just a little tiny bit — the Saints could be a top-five team in this league.
6. DeMarcus Ware, DE/LB, Dallas Cowboys: A three-time Pro Bowler and two-time All-Pro, Ware is only getting better with every passing year. The loss of free-agent DE Chris Canty could hurt, but the addition of former Falcons LB Keith Brooking may actually free up Ware even more.
5. Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota Vikings: A.D. had an incredible sophomore season, tossing the Vikings on his back down the stretch and carrying them to an NFC North title. There's no player in the league who has greater big-play potential, and he brings that big-play potential 25 times a game. Hands down the best running back in the league, he will be in the MVP conversation over the next decade of his career.
4. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Arizona Cardinals: Fitzgerald is the best receiver in the league. When it's all said and done, he might end up being the best wide receiver to ever step on a football field. Yeah, I wrote it. If '08 was his breakout campaign and the Super Bowl his "Hello, America" game, I can only imagine what he has in store for us in '09. Gifted with superhuman hands, an uncanny skill set and leadership qualities of a field general, Fitzgerald is the single-most valuable non-quarterback heading into the 2009 NFL season.
3. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers: Say what you want about the strength of the Super Bowl champions' defense, but Big Ben is unquestionably the true leader of the Pittsburgh Steelers. With two Super Bowl rings and three AFC championship game starts in just five NFL seasons, he's one of the top three quarterbacks in the league. Win another one and he could be No. 1 on this list next year. Kick and scream all you want about it — Roethlisberger's the real deal.
2. Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots: Without Brady in '08, the Patriots had an impressive 11-5 season, just missing the playoffs by a nutty tiebreaker scenario. The '08 season was a testament to Bill Belichick, backup quarterback Matt Cassel and offensive guru Josh McDaniels. Two of the three won't be back in '09. But Brady will be. That fact, alone, makes the Patriots the no-brainer favorite in the loaded AFC East.
1. Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis Colts: Though not the best in a statistical sense, Manning's '08 campaign was arguably the most impressive season of his decorated 11-year career. Working behind a makeshift offensive line with injuries scattered across the depth chart at just about every position for much of the year — Manning led the Colts to the playoffs and another 12-win season after an uninspiring start to the season.

I think big ben is lucky to be that high up in the list.

he is a great QB but he wasnt that great and im a steelers fan lol...

i think brady would have got no1 if he played last season but the rest of the list i am mostly happy with...

your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Top 99 players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 99 players   Top 99 players Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:46 am

Well the difference between Peyton and Big Ben is that Big Ben runs an all-star team with a pretty good o-line, great defense, good Running Backs and decent receivers. Peyton has a terrible o-line, small d-line, good pass defense, terrible run defense, good wide receivers and not so good running backs. Peyton was able to drag his team to the playoffs and big ben isn't much of a stats guy so I dont think Big Ben should be so high but still top 20.

Fitzgerald is a freak and will soon be the best receive to play the game, but watch for teams to put big coverage on him to force a quiet game in him, similar to how Randy Moss and T.O had been handled in the last few years. He's a great player who could probably catch a pass in triple coverage with his reliable hands and massive leap.

I don't rate Jared Allen and Peppers as much anymore as they can have their ups and downs but I know that Ware is the best defender in the game.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

Top 99 players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 99 players   Top 99 players Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:52 am

wat was it for the colts?
3-4 to 12-4?
amazing. manning is god Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sponsored content

Top 99 players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 99 players   Top 99 players Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 99 players
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum