Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Top 5 for each position

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Top 5 for each position Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:17 am

Name your Top five for each position
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm

QB

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Ben Roethlisberger
4. Jay Cutler
5. Chad Pennington

H.M.s to Eli Manning

Peyton, Tom and Ben are the stand outs i believe....

as for Jay and Chad i just like the way they play...

i think chad pennington is underated and he showed last year how good he can be at the dolphins.. he is pretty accurate but he is getting a bit old now... event though the jets should never have let him go

As for jay cutler i dont know how well he will go this season after moving teams but ive always liked the way he plays and he has a good arm on him as well..
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:23 am

any critiques? lol
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:39 am

My Top 5 QB's

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Ben Roethliberger
4. Drew Brees
5. Kurt Warner

As DB said, Peyton, Brady and Big Ben are the league standouts.

Drew Brees was 30yds off breaking the regular season passing yards record so deserves to be the closest to the top 3

Kurt Warner is a bit of a roughie, he led the Card's to the Superbowl and went 9-7 in the regular season. He was also in one of the easiest divisions in the NFL with the Rams, Seahawks and 49ers. All three of those teams were in the Top 10 of the draft. He sould have had 3 guaranteed wins in that Off-season but only managed 3 other wins in the year. He had a good Post-season but should have won more games.

Pennington is a pretty good QB, probably the closest player to taking over Kurt Warner. He led a 1-15 team to the playoffs which marks a pretty good player.

I don't think that Jay Cutler is that great. When you look at his 2008 season, he had a three-game divisional lead over the Chargers and somehow managed to lose all of their last three or so matches to choke in the later end of the season and not make the playoffs. With the divison they were in, with Oakland and KC, they should have blitzed the division and easily made the playoffs. Going 8-8 in a division like that wouldnt exactly mark him in the Top 5. You can blame half of it on his 32nd ranked defense but overall, he should have run over the other 3 teams with their equally shit defenses.

Eli Manning is in for a terrible year on his behalf. Yes, qoute me on that. He lived his little prime end of his season last year on Plaxico. Once Plax left. he didn't know where to look and their last few wins of the 2008 season were depending on the great defense of the Giants and their Running backs in Jacobs and Ward. He doesn't handle blitzes well and is nowhere near the league of his brother. Top 10, yes, but not 6th.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:42 am

ahhh i forgot about brees....

and kurt warner had a great season last year... but he was about to lose his contract for not playing that well. i think he is an average QB all up.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:28 pm

Top 5 WR's -

1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Randy Moss
3. Andre Johnson
4. Reggie Wayne
5. Brandon Marshall
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:52 am

top 5 RBs

1 adrian peterson
2 maurice jones-drew
3 clinton portis
4 willie parker
5 stephen jackson

my favourite outside AP would be reggie bush, although he's still not really performed to the level in NFL that he can and i think will do eventually.
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:54 am

top 5 WRs

1 andre johnson
2 randy moss
3 larry fitzgerald
4 steve smith
5 calvin johnson
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:50 pm

willyhbhs wrote:
top 5 RBs

1 adrian peterson
2 maurice jones-drew
3 clinton portis
4 willie parker
5 stephen jackson

my favourite outside AP would be reggie bush, although he's still not really performed to the level in NFL that he can and i think will do eventually.

can i ask you why you rate parker so high???

he is one of my favourite players but he wasnt a stand out last year due to injury.... do you think he will do well this year??
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:29 pm

look at what the steelers do when that guy is in the line up. he is just as crucial as big ben if not even more in my eyes. PS im a ravens fan through and through so it takes alot for me to even put him in this list!
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:09 pm

Top 5 QB's

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Ben Roethlisberger
4. Kurt Warner
5. Drew Brees

HB's

1. LaDainian Tomlinson
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Larry Johnson
4. Jones-Drew
5. Michael Turner

WR's

1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Hines Ward
3. Randy Moss
4. Reggie Wayne
5. Chad (Ocho Cinco) Johnson

TE's
1. Antonio Gates
2. Alge Crumpler
3. Jeremy Shockey
4. Tony Gonzalez
5. Ben Watson
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:02 am

the fact you dont have andre johnson in your top5 WRs is insane hank. he is top 5 players in the league regardless of position and hands down top WR
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:18 am

i just dont rate him though.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:50 am

just putting it out there

kurt warner is shit
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:49 am

yea warner has become a bit over rated. drew brees is easily above him. what hes been doing the last few years has been insane! andre johnson is a monster and i reckon this season will finally get the credit he deserves for being the best wide out in the legue
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:33 am

imo, Jay Cutler's career has been slowly going down the drain since he moved to chicago. I rate him as a decent QB, but moving to chicago would be the worst thing for a QB to do. The Bears have had a long QB problem in the last decade, why, because the home stadium is not a dome, therefore Chicago's shit weather will ruin the passing game of Cutler. That is why you will see Forte dominate the bears stats also.
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:11 am

and they have no offensive threats to help him there too. at least he had marshall catching balls in denver. he will really battle in the middle of winter in chicago
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:33 pm

Warner shit? old yes but not shit, you can't just lead a team who hasn't seen finals in so long and not call yourself great, apart from Warner the cards have a select amount of players who perform. I agree with Cutler, poor decision making on his behalf
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Hank Moody wrote:
Warner shit? old yes but not shit, you can't just lead a team who hasn't seen finals in so long and not call yourself great, apart from Warner the cards have a select amount of players who perform. I agree with Cutler, poor decision making on his behalf

warner was about to be given the boot at the start of the season.... he only found some good form to work on... its not hard when he has recivers like larry fitzgerald.... he would make me a good QB lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 for each position   Top 5 for each position Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 5 for each position
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com