Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Empty
PostSubject: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 6:31 am

All Black first five-eighths Daniel Carter is said to be close to signing for the Blues, after being offered an estimated $400,000 to play for the Auckland side. And All Black halfback Jimmy Cowan has been targeted to join him.

Canterbury rugby officials are said to be upset at the prospect of losing Carter, as they stuck by him through his ill-fated sabbatical in France. He played five games for Perpignan before blowing his achilles tendon, from which he is still recovering.

The Crusaders even planned to put coach Todd Blackadder on a plane to Auckland to plead with the All Black star to stay but Blackadder did not make the trip. It is thought that Canterbury could amass little more than half the record-breaking sum the Blues are offering Carter.

That is effectively four times as much as another top All Black could expect at provincial level.

Carter has not yet signed and it is still possible Canterbury could prevail because of Carter's strong attachment to the region.

But there are also several reasons why Carter might choose shift north:

- He has a house in Auckland plus one in Christchurch.

- Girlfriend Honor Dillon lives in Auckland.

- He has business interests in Auckland.

- He is apparently keen on the "challenge" of the Blues.

Carter is at least two months away from recovering from his injury and has targeted only the Air New Zealand Cup in August for his return to New Zealand rugby.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10578314

That would be huge for the Blues, not only Carter but possibly Jimmy Cowan as well, I don't really want it to happen because I don't like the Blues, however this is great news for All Blacks, if Carter and Cowan play Super rugby together by the time next years internationals come around they would of formed an awesome combination, that would even rival Mehrtens and Marshall.

Imagine the Blues with this backline

9. Cowan
10. Carter
11. Rocokoco
12. McAlister
13. Tuitavake
14. Ranger
15. Toeava

That would be very hard to beat.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 6:36 am

hahahah yesssss

awesome news for a Blues supporter such as myself
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:09 am

thats such a good backline.
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:11 am

awesome news haha.

no one will be able to beat the blues now
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:13 am

Well they still have a pretty average forward pack. Backs are useless if the forwards cant get them the ball and attacking wasn't their issue last season it was their defense, although that backline is awesome in attacking the problems they've got in defense would not be solved.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:25 am

1. Tony Woodcock
2. Kevin Mealamu
3. John Afoa
4. Ali Williams
5. Anthony Boric
6. Kurtis Haiu
7. Josh Blackie
8. Jerome Kaino

THat isn't an average forward pack
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:26 am

SBW wrote:
1. Tony Woodcock
2. Kevin Mealamu
3. John Afoa
4. Ali Williams
5. Anthony Boric
6. Kurtis Haiu
7. Josh Blackie
8. Jerome Kaino

THat isn't an average forward pack

great front row
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:29 am

The loose forwards are weak, Kaino is overrated imo, I wouldn't even have him on the bench for the ABs and Afoa is average. Same forward pack they had this year, except for Boric, and they had nothing in defense.

Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:36 am

Blues squad looking good for next year!
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:37 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
The loose forwards are weak, Kaino is overrated imo, I wouldn't even have him on the bench for the ABs and Afoa is average. Same forward pack they had this year, except for Boric, and they had nothing in defense.

Kaino is far better than you give him credit for I think. Just this week I caught a replay of last years Tri Nations game in Brisbane and he was huge in that match.

Also dont forget that Woodcock, Williams and Blackie all missed big chunks of this years comp due to injury.

The Blues did themselves no favours with their piss poor attitude but they also had a rottten run with injuries. A bit of luck on that front, and the guidance of Carter, could see them turn that right around and become a massive threat.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:43 am

Oh I definitely see them as a massive threat but yea the forwards need a change of attitude and need to pick up thier defense big time, defense wins matches! the Blues were the 3rd highest on points against last season.

My ideal loose forward for the ABs would be So'oialo McCaw and Messam with either Thompson or Kaino on the bench.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:46 am

What about Messams terrible excuse for a tackle during the first French try last night!
Reads effort was even worse though
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:32 pm

Yea I was very disappointed with Messam last night, not only from an AB perspective but because I'm a huge fan of the guy. He's got a lot of Zinny about him with his skillset and I'd love to see him develop into So'oialo's long term successor. Missing tackles like that just doest cut it but he's worth persevering with I think.

Read and Thomson however are yet to show what all the fuss is about IMO and yesterday did nothing to address that. Everytime Thomson showed up in the backline, as opposed to being head down at the previous breakdown, I was absolutely spewing.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:46 pm

Messam wasn't all bad, sure he missed a tackle but overall I reckon he was one of the better forwards. Read was rubbish and Latimer didn't do much.

Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:03 pm

On the brightside, if Carter leaves the Crusaders they won't be very threatening similar to this year, but on the downside, I almost hate the Blues as much as the Crusaders.

Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:46 pm

Hendo Maroon wrote:
On the brightside, if Carter leaves the Crusaders they won't be very threatening similar to this year, but on the downside, I almost hate the Blues as much as the Crusaders.

Yea I'm not a big Crusaders fan either but gee, you have to admire how they managed to sneak into the semis this year. And pushed the Bulls at home harder than the Chiefs ended up doing.

I wouldnt put it past Toddy to somehow get Slade to the next level and become just as annoyingly good as they always have been.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:48 pm

Yea I was definitely surprised to see them make the 4, especially after seeing how they played at the start of the season. Yea Slade will be one to watch, had a great air new zealand cup last season.

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:40 am

Messam was the worst of the loose forwards the other day, missed heaps of tackles. Read only missed one tackle but otherwise had a strong game
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:45 am

No way Read did nothing, Messam was threatening on attack and was reasonably solid, Read went missing. Latimer did nothing and Thompson was average then went off injured.

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:48 am

Apart from his try Messam did little on attack apart from his chip kick and missed tackle on the chase. Read isn't really there to carry the ball as often, he hit heaps of rucks and made lots of tackles
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:50 am

What's with your obsession with Read? Laughing When Richie, Rodney and Jerome come back Read will be where he should be, playing for the Cantabs.

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:53 am

I just think he is a good player, same type as Michael Johnson but with a few more ball skills. Obviously you just look out for what they do with the ball in hand rather than all the other work
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:08 am

I respect a player with off the ball skills, and will admit Read does have these BUT the Blindside flanker needs to be strong with the ball in hand, look at the best blindsides, Jerry Collins, Schalk Burger, Rocky Elsom all are great with the ball in hand.

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:13 am

Ok yep he I agree all of those have better skills off the ball, hopefully he can develop those further because he and McCaw are already a formidable combination when both fit
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:10 am

chrishbhs wrote:
I just think he is a good player, same type as Michael Johnson but with a few more ball skills. Obviously you just look out for what they do with the ball in hand rather than all the other work

Who's Michael Johnson?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues   Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rugby: Why Dan Carter could be joining the Blues
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Forum free | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com