Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches

Go down 

Your Fav!
Survivor
Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_lcap0%Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Amazing Race
Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_lcap24%Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_rcap
 24% [ 5 ]
Big Brother
Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_lcap10%Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Fear Factor
Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_lcap5%Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
The 'Idol' Series (Australian, American etc)
Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_lcap10%Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Rockstar (INXS, Supernova)
Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_lcap0%Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The 'Got Talent' Series
 0% [ 0 ]
The Apprentice
 0% [ 0 ]
Hell's Kitchen
Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_lcap33%Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_rcap
 33% [ 7 ]
Project Runway
 0% [ 0 ]
Next Top Model
 0% [ 0 ]
So You Think You Can Dance
Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_lcap5%Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Other?
Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_lcap13%Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Empty
PostSubject: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 3:23 am

Reality Game Shows - This, the biggest and most successful reality genre, features contestants who compete for prizes, while often living together in close quarters. Usually, they feature the eliminations of contestants until a winner is chosen. Sometimes they are considered to be "Reality Playoffs" since their format is similar to that of a playoff in sports.

Talent Searches - Often similar to the game show genre in that there are eliminations and a final winner, this genre centers on contestants competing a specific skill or talent, rather than in random challenges.

What is your fav Reality Game Show/Talent Search Show?

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 3:25 am

Most are absolute shit, but I still find it easy to get addicted to Amazing Race, Hell's Kitchen and Survivor, also like the Rockstar series (not the bands that come out of them though). I'd say my fav these days would have to be Amazing Race.

Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 3:26 am

my fav is any cooking one. i like hell's kitchen but i used to love my restaurant rules
Back to top Go down
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 4:44 am

Amazing Race is good, and I love Masterchef and Football Superstar. Smile
Back to top Go down
SMASH
Guru
SMASH

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 4:52 am

Can't say I watch any of them, but if I had to choose I'd go with The Amazing Race.
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:12 am

I love Aussie idol (american aswell) although you find divas and dickheads some have really good voices/are good to watch..

Smile
I used to watch bits of big brother and fear factor sometimes when it was on fox 8
Back to top Go down
smashedmirror704
Guru
smashedmirror704

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:29 am

They all suck but if I had to watch one, it would be Next Top Model on mute
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:32 am

Top 5 Reality Game Show Contestants Very Happy

1. & 2. BJ And Tyler aka The Hippies(Amazing Race)
Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Ar

3. Rupert Boneham (Survivor)
Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Rupert.0.0.0x0.180x240

4. Marty Casey (Rockstar INXS)
Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Marty_150x200

5. Aaron Song aka The Asian Cowboy (Hell's Kitchen)
Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Aaron_flames

Honorable Mentions

Toby Rand (Rockstar Supernova)
Andrew & Dan aka The Frat Boys (Amazing Race)
Richard Hatch (Survivor)

Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 6:30 am

football superstar, hells kitchen and amazing race Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
TheFeldster
Legend
TheFeldster

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:31 am

They are all crap. The only thing decent I've ever seen come out of them is Wes Carr from Aussie Idol. But even then, that show was lucky to have an actual musician in Carr come through their ranks, the show is a highly publicised karaoke contest really... I've seen better skills at a SingStar party.

These shows are the reason I rarely watch telly Smile
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:35 am

Hells Kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:36 am

Iron Chef and MasterChef for the win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:39 am

Football Superstar, So you think you can dance
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:42 am

Well considering The Amazing Race and Survivor are my 2nd and 3rd favorite shows I do enjoy my reality.

I had a thread on Sportal dedicated to the latest Seasons of both TAR and Survivor.

I would say the most recent season of Survivor, which was Survivor: Tocantins, I found that to be better than Season 14 of TAR.

However, overall, I find the concept of TAR to be better, JUST!

Both AMAZING shows.

Also Hell's Kitchen is good and Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:44 am

Thought I'd add The Apprentice was also good, but as soon as it turn into Celebrity versions, then it became lame.

But the first 5 Seasons were great.

My Top 5 Reality Shows:
1] The Amazing Race
2] Survivor

DAYLIGHT

3] The Apprentice
4] Hell's Kitchen
5] Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:50 am

I think people are confusing reality games for reality imitation (Kitchen Nightmares involves real people with real situations, it's not necessarily a 'game' situation')...

Kitchen Nightmares = Backyard Blitz, and those kinds of shows.
Back to top Go down
SuperSteele22
Guru
SuperSteele22

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:59 am

Agree DB, I do like cooking shows. I hate those sorts of reality shows like Aussie Idio, Biggest loser and all that crap, but there's just something about Masterchef that makes me keep watching it. Big brother was also good.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:27 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Well considering The Amazing Race and Survivor are my 2nd and 3rd favorite shows I do enjoy my reality.

I had a thread on Sportal dedicated to the latest Seasons of both TAR and Survivor.

I would say the most recent season of Survivor, which was Survivor: Tocantins, I found that to be better than Season 14 of TAR.

Both AMAZING shows.

i agree...to be in The Amazing Race would be...well amazing Laughing
to see the places they get to would be so cool Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:39 pm

a_F_c wrote:
Sparky_Hughes wrote:

Both AMAZING shows.

i agree...to be in The Amazing Race would be...well amazing Laughing
to see the places they get to would be so cool Smile

Exactly, in the most recent Season I watched, in the first Ep they went to Switzerland and did a 600 foot Bungee Jump! How amazing is that!
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:25 pm

Iron Chef Stoned is a bit of a laugh i've Heard
Back to top Go down
WCEsandiee
Guru
WCEsandiee

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:58 pm

i like masterchef australia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches   Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reality Game Shows/Talent Searches
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com