Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius Empty
PostSubject: Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius   Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:34 am

Western Force sign Wallabies prop Matt Dunning from Waratahs

Western Force have signed Wallabies prop Matt Dunning for the next two Super 14 seasons. But the Force are still waiting on a final decision from Lions five-eighth Andre Pretorius.

Dunning, who has 43 Tests to his name and notched 99 appearances for the Waratahs, was forced to sit out the entire 2009 season after tearing his Achilles tendon while playing for the Wallabies last November.

But the 30-year-old recently returned to action for his New South Wales club side Eastwood.

"I felt really good," Dunning said.

"I'd played roughly a half game in each of my first two games (for Eastwood) but it was nice to get through the full 80 (minutes) on the weekend.

"There were a lot of scrums and I thought our scrum went well.

"I'm happy that I'm feeling improvements with every game and I'm still very much hoping to be a part of the Wallabies this year."

Dunning said the Force's recruitment of former Hurricanes prop Tim Fairbrother played a big part in his decision to come to Perth.

"Signing Timmy Fairbrother was a good move by the club," Dunning said.

"He's a quality prop and I'm a big believer that you need two good tightheads in your squad.

"I'm really looking to forward to the opportunity to be involved with a new team.

FULL STORY/LINK...

Last edited by Panthers on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius   Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:03 am

thats a good signing for the force, and theyl need another big name/ experienced player since matt giteaus leaving them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius   Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:05 am

Dunning is absolute shit
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius   Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 11:18 am

Pfft - First Fairbrother, then Dunning...no wonder the Aussies have no decent props, they don't have a clue what they look like! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius   Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 11:22 am

Dunnings not too bad though! he brings experience to the club!
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius   Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 11:27 am

oh yeah - drop kick experience (and you can use that term in any way you please!)
Back to top Go down
WCEsandiee
Guru
WCEsandiee

PostSubject: Re: Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius   Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 3:06 pm

Being from perth, I support the Force - is this guy good/do you recon he will help us?
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius   Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:55 pm

Dunning is one of the best props Aussie have, unfortunately for Australians at that pretty much all their props are shit. So no I don't think he will do much for the Force.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius   Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 12:13 am

Star signing indeed. Everyone thinks he will partner Fairbrother in the front row, but this is there marquee signing that will replace Giteau at 5/8th lol.
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius   Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:47 am

Western Force sign World Cup-winning South Africa star Andre Pretorius

Western Force have signed World Cup-winning South Africa star Andre Pretorius as their marquee international for the 2010 Super 14 season.

The 30-year-old five-eighth, who played 31 Tests for South Africa and was a member of their 2007 World Cup triumph in France, decided to head to Australia after falling out of the selection mix in the Springboks set-up.

Pretorius compiled 645 points in eight seasons for the Lions and will replace Matt Giteau at No.10.

With Pretorius' signature locked away, the Force are now waiting to hear from teen sensation James O'Connor.

The 18-year-old had previously said he would decide on his future only when the Force secured a replacement for Giteau.

“This was one of the biggest decisions I have had to make in my professional career,” Pretorius said.

“My loyalty has always been with the Lions and the 11 years I spent here has been tremendous and they assisted me in becoming a Springbok.

“That's what made this decision difficult.

“I am excited about the opportunity to play for the Force.

“I believe that their structures and type of coaching can get me to perform at my optimal best.

“I will be surrounded by great players which makes it easy to focus only on what you have to do.
“Having experience is one thing, using it to your advantage is another and that's where I think the coach (John Mitchell) will play a big role.”
-----
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25659287-5002381,00.html

Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius   Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:51 am

Pretorius! Thats great news for the Force, I rate him, he's just been stuck in a rubbish team for too long.

Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius   Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:04 am

That is great news! hopefully he can get close to his best!
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius   Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:35 am

Meh - he's on his way out. The force need everyone they can get these days though - hopefully for all concerned he doesn't spend another season injured...
Back to top Go down
HH#7
Trainee
HH#7

PostSubject: Re: Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius   Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:06 am

Dunning, imo, was the 4th choice prop for the Waratahs behind Robinson, Baxter and Kepu. So no great signing for the Force. Hes just a very obese man.
Pretorius on the other hand is a good signing for the Force. He'll actually add something to the team. Experience and direction to the side from 10
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius   Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:46 am

He'll add nothing compared to what they had last season with Matt Giteau, very much doubt they will be in the top 4 next season.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius   Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Western Force sign Matt Dunning & Andre Pretorius
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com