Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
40/20
Professional
40/20

Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Empty
PostSubject: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 2:45 am

Thought I'd give this a go, taking into account form so far and (hopefully!) the return of some senior players:

1-Woodcock
2-Hore
3-Tialata
4-Thorn
5-Ross
6-Kaino
7-McCaw
8-So'oialo
9-Cowan
10-Donald
11-Sivivatu
12-Nonu
13-Smith
14-Rokocoko
15-Muliaina

16-Mealamu
17-Evans
18-Afoa
19-Whitelock
20-Weepu
21-McAlister
22-Jane

McCaw, So'oialo, Sivivatu & Smith must all be shoe-ins if they are fit. The first two names will help resolve a glaring lack of presence at the breakdown and Smith will add some composure to the backline. These 4 guys alone will lift the team several notches.

Donald back in only because we dont have anyone else. And McAlister showed on Saturday he's simply not a test-level 10. Although that was hardly his fault considering he's barely played there.

Rokocoko should have done enough to keep his spot alongside Sivivatu. Jane unlucky to miss out on a starting berth but should edge out Toeava for the utlity spot on the bench. I'm a big fan of Ice but he's been very disapppointing so far.

Whitelock was suprisingly good in the limited time he had on Saturday. Maybe the bolter on the bench for the Tri Nations....? Messam looks out of favour for some reason and Read is Reuben Thorne reincarnated so I sincerely hope he never plays again.

The rest seems pretty straightforward.

Thoughts anyone?
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:02 am

Both Donald and McAlister were as equally bad as each other. (we need u DC)

Cant wait to see Richie and Rodney return, will be interesting because both players had pretty average Super 14s (Richie mainly due to injury) But they definitely bring some vital experience into that forward pack.

I agree with Jane over Toeava as utility, but don't think the selectors will. I'd be very surprised to see Jane get selected over Ice.

and I'd much prefer Messam over Whitelock or Read but that's unlikely.

So who is left injured?
Williams, Carter, Kahui and Thomson?? Is that it??

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:51 am

Yeah - it's sad when notably better players are left out cause they aren't as good on their knees...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:00 am

Weepu is better than cowan IMO!
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:10 am

I agree Sam - but unfortunately Henry has all but said that Weepu is doomed to an AB career on the bench.
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:12 am

Yeah that sucks :/
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:15 am

40/20 wrote:
Thought I'd give this a go, taking into account form so far and (hopefully!) the return of some senior players:

1-Woodcock
2-Hore
3-Tialata
4-Thorn
5-Ross
6-Kaino
7-McCaw
8-So'oialo
9-Cowan
10-Donald
11-Sivivatu
12-Nonu
13-Smith
14-Rokocoko
15-Muliaina

16-Mealamu
17-Evans
18-Afoa
19-Whitelock
20-Weepu
21-McAlister
22-Jane

McCaw, So'oialo, Sivivatu & Smith must all be shoe-ins if they are fit. The first two names will help resolve a glaring lack of presence at the breakdown and Smith will add some composure to the backline. These 4 guys alone will lift the team several notches.

Donald back in only because we dont have anyone else. And McAlister showed on Saturday he's simply not a test-level 10. Although that was hardly his fault considering he's barely played there.

Rokocoko should have done enough to keep his spot alongside Sivivatu. Jane unlucky to miss out on a starting berth but should edge out Toeava for the utlity spot on the bench. I'm a big fan of Ice but he's been very disapppointing so far.

Whitelock was suprisingly good in the limited time he had on Saturday. Maybe the bolter on the bench for the Tri Nations....? Messam looks out of favour for some reason and Read is Reuben Thorne reincarnated so I sincerely hope he never plays again.

The rest seems pretty straightforward.

Thoughts anyone?

haha so true. Read is over rated imo. The team there looks pretty good. On the money as well, wouldnt mind Toeava getting a shot ahead of McAlistar with Weepu covering 9 and 10.
Back to top Go down
Ruggerhead
Veteran
Ruggerhead

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:52 am

If it were up to me this would be my line up:

1-Woodcock
2-Hore
3-Tialata
4-Thorn
5-Ross
6-Kaino
7-McCaw
8-So'oialo
9-Cowan
10-Donald
11-Sivivatu
12-Nonu
13-Smith
14-Rokocoko
15-Muliaina

16-DeMalmanche
17-Afoa
18-Eaton
19-Messam
20-Weepu
21-McAlister
22-Jane
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:28 am

Combing form, expected attitude of the coaches, and blatant Canes bias:

1. Woodcock
2. Hore
3. Tialata
4. Thorn
5. Ross
6. Kaino
7. McCaw
8. So'oialo
9. Cowan
10. McAlister
11. Sivivatu
12. Nonu
13. Smith
14. Gear
15. Muliaina

16. Mealamu
17. Afoa
18. Eaton
19. Latimer
20. Weepu
21. Ellison (assuming Toeava is injured)
22. Jane
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:36 am

Agree with P'Rus except, Joe Rok in for Gear and Messam (although it wont happen) on the bench instead of Latimer.

Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:51 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Agree with P'Rus except, Joe Rok in for Gear and Messam (although it wont happen) on the bench instead of Latimer.

Yep, agree on that. Rokocoko definitely to start and I'd certainly have Messam too if he was there.

I hope not, but given the inexplicable hardon they clearly have for Read, he may be in ahead of Latimer, even tho Eaton can play 6 if required. So'oialo would then be the cover at 7.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:18 am

Like I said, combining what I think they'll do (definitely playing Sivivatu and iffy on Roks) and blind bias (playing Gear) Smile
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:11 am

Injuries put Stephen Brett in All Blacks frame

Just eight days remain until Bledisloe One and neither Luke McAlister nor Stephen Donald are certainties to start for the All Blacks.

FULL STORY: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/2580773/

Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:12 am

Surely Weepu would be the bext best option?

Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:30 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Surely Weepu would be the bext best option?

As a starter, definitely.

If it eventuates I'd imagine Brett would only get on if Weepu were injured, cant see him ever being considered a tactical substitution at any stage.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 am

Yeah, that's a real concern. For all their talk of Weepu being 10 cover option, I think they'd avoid him playing there like the plague...really worried they'll start Brett if the worst happens and Weepu will still be consigned to the bench.
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:41 am

Pantherus wrote:
Yeah, that's a real concern. For all their talk of Weepu being 10 cover option, I think they'd avoid him playing there like the plague...really worried they'll start Brett if the worst happens and Weepu will still be consigned to the bench.

I'd fall over if they tried that one.

Henry has openly talked of Weepu being an option at 10 as you say and they have a third halfback who could cover the bench spot.

If they started a rookie like Brett and left all of Weepu's experience on the bench (and therefore either Cowan or Leonard out altogether) it would be just too bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:20 am

I totally agree 40/20 - and hopefully that's the tact they'll take.

What I'm saying is I have a bad feeling they'll do the stupid thing and start Brett due to some bizarre determination to never start Weepu anywhere...
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:43 am

Luke McAlister likely to start despite both him and Donald should be fit and ready for the weekend. good move I reckon, get Donald way out of there, don't even put him on the bench.

Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:37 am

Yeah thats a good idea!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies   Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Potential All Blacks lineup vs Wallabies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Sports and Hobbies | Collectives sports | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com