Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Wallabies Handed Dream Draw

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

Wallabies Handed Dream Draw Empty
PostSubject: Wallabies Handed Dream Draw   Wallabies Handed Dream Draw Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:47 am

Wallabies handed dream draw for 2011 Rugby World Cup in New Zealand

AUSTRALIA have received the best draw imaginable for the 2011 Rugby World Cup in New Zealand.

If results go according to seedings during the pool stages of the tournament, the Wallabies cannot run into the defending champions South Africa or the top-ranked All Blacks until the final.

In addition to landing on the opposite side of the draw as their two Tri-Nations rivals, Australia have also been grouped in a relatively easy pool alongside Ireland, Italy and two qualifying teams from Europe and America.

Currently ranked eighth in the world, Ireland are the lowest-placed side from the so-called band two nations that the third-ranked Wallabies could have been pitted against in the pool stages.

If results go according the seedings during the round-robin phase of play, the Wallabies will meet Wales in the quarter-finals.

Should they win that match, they would qualify for a semi-final against either Argentina or France, with South Africa or New Zealand likely to be awaiting the Australia in the final.

New Zealand and South Africa would not be so pleased with their draws.

Apart from having the more difficult prospective semi-final, the All Blacks have been grouped alongside France, who eliminated them from last year's tournament, while the Springboks are in the same pool as reigning Six Nations champions Wales.
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Handed Dream Draw   Wallabies Handed Dream Draw Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:48 am

2011 Rugby World Cup Draw

Pool A: New Zealand, France, Tonga, Americas 1, Asia 1

Pool B: Argentina, England, Scotland, Europe 1, play-off winner

Pool C: Australia, Ireland, Italy, Europe 2, Americas 2

Pool D: South Africa, Wales, Fiji, Oceania 1, Africa 1

Quarter-final 1: Pool B winner v Pool A runner-up
Quarter-final 2: Pool C winner v Pool D runner-up
Quarter-final 3: Pool A winner v Pool B runner-up
Quarter-final 4: Pool D winner v Pool C runner-up
Semi-final 1: quarter-final 1 winner v Quarter-final 2 winner
Semi-final 2: quarter-final 3 winner v quarter-final 4 winner
Final: semi-final 1 winner v semi-final 2 winner
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Handed Dream Draw   Wallabies Handed Dream Draw Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:52 am

Hmmm - interesting that it's being called a "dream draw" when one of the big concerns for the ABs last year that their pool was too easy...

At least the pools are more even this time around. Some good match-ups to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
NBrown#16
Veteran
NBrown#16

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Handed Dream Draw   Wallabies Handed Dream Draw Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 6:35 am

they are certainly more even. Looking forward to he AB's being challanged before it actually matters and not having to beat Portugal and other shit teams 100-0 then falling at the first hurdle. Group B should be interesting with Argentina hoping to continue their strong performances from 07, also england are always dangerous in the wc. Pool D is the group of death the world Champions, 6 Nations champions and the side that knocked the 6 Nations champions out of the group stage in 07 and produces half of the AB's, very tough group that could produce some shocks
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Handed Dream Draw   Wallabies Handed Dream Draw Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:09 am

Yea coming from an ABs supporter that definitly is not a dream draw for the Wallabies, I am stoked with our pool and looking forward to another clash with union powerhouse Japan. Laughing

Having France in our pool is great, finally a challenge in pool play.

My money is on NZ winning every game by 20 points atleast and the Wallabies getting knocked out once again in the 1/4 finals this time to the Welsh.
Back to top Go down
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Handed Dream Draw   Wallabies Handed Dream Draw Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:18 am

Yeah agree with u there hendo, think nz will win the cup. Cant wait until it comes to nz
Back to top Go down
NBrown#16
Veteran
NBrown#16

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Handed Dream Draw   Wallabies Handed Dream Draw Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:29 am

I know it's a long way away (time wise) but I have a plan to get tickets and go to as many games as I can. Only problem is I would be in first year of uni at that stage so there might be a problem but I don't know what time it would be, is it a summer tornament?
Also I live in melbourne so Accomadation could be an issue but I have relatives in every square inch of the North Island so i'm hoping not
Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Handed Dream Draw   Wallabies Handed Dream Draw Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:37 am

I imagine the tournament will be in june/july as its in NZ.

I like our draw i think its great and the ausis could lose to ireland they are certanly no easy beats and who knows what will happen ove rthe next three years.

Two things for sure though are france wont get any easier, and New Zealand will think we have won it before the event is played again, although hopefully this time we wont choke.
Back to top Go down
NBrown#16
Veteran
NBrown#16

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Handed Dream Draw   Wallabies Handed Dream Draw Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 2:17 pm

Okay, that might be a problem then
Back to top Go down
mintyjo400
Professional
mintyjo400

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Handed Dream Draw   Wallabies Handed Dream Draw Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:25 am

dream draw for wallibies to amke it to quaters and save the emabrresment of not passing the group stages???
was that what the article was about??
i think they will win there group but will lose at quater final
i think it bad they wont have much compitition for them
but hey i not complaining
Back to top Go down
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Handed Dream Draw   Wallabies Handed Dream Draw Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:14 am

Doesnt matter what the wallibies verse, will never get past semil finals
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Handed Dream Draw   Wallabies Handed Dream Draw Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:17 am

hewitsonjd wrote:
Okay, that might be a problem then

Na mate unless you hit exam times then you will be sweet. Uni life is the good life, easily miss a few lectures
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Handed Dream Draw   Wallabies Handed Dream Draw Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wallabies Handed Dream Draw
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com