Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Tuqiri sacked by ARU

Go down 
AuthorMessage
x0x0x.Sophie.x0x0x0
Trainee
x0x0x.Sophie.x0x0x0

Tuqiri sacked by ARU Empty
PostSubject: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:15 pm

Had to post this

Australian Rugby Union has terminated the contract of Lote Tuqiri, effective immediately.
Click here to find out more!

The ARU has yet to make a comment on why Tuqiri has lost his Wallabies contract, as 'it may be the subject of legal proceedings'.

Recently, Wallaby coach Robbie Deans has repeatedly chosen against including the ex-Rugby League star in his squads for Test matches against Italy and France, despite making it clear he hopes of improve the depth of his squad.

http://sportal.com.au/news-display/tuqiri-sacked-by-aru-73249
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:18 pm

Cheers Soph.. He hasnt deserved a spot in the team anyway.. I wonder what he did???
Back to top Go down
x0x0x.Sophie.x0x0x0
Trainee
x0x0x.Sophie.x0x0x0

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:19 pm

Apparantly more information will be available soon

Involving some kind of police investigation

Soph breaks all the big stories
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:19 pm

League?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:21 pm

Venom wrote:
League?

Lote plays Rugby Union mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:22 pm

Beckham23 wrote:
Venom wrote:
League?

I thought it says his australian rugby contract is torn up meaning that he is not registered to aussie rugby
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:24 pm

Daaamn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:24 pm

Venom wrote:
Beckham23 wrote:
Venom wrote:
League?

I thought it says his australian rugby contract is torn up meaning that he is not registered to aussie rugby

You could have said something like.... I wonder if he will go back to League
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:25 pm

Beckham23 wrote:
Venom wrote:
Beckham23 wrote:
Venom wrote:
League?

You could have said something like.... I wonder if he will go back to League

Suppose I could but thought people would have figured that one out. Maybe the BRoncos if not then he will head overseas for rugby
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:54 pm

I have heard that the Titans have told him that their door is open for him. If not it would be overseas.
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:56 pm

Interesting decision, I wonder if it has anything to do with a possible return to the NRL for Lote...

Lote Tuqiri to the Titans?

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25695333-14823,00.html

Rookie
Blazer

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if he does, Panthers
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:32 pm

THe biggest question to come out of this is.... What took them so long?

He was at his absolute peak when he switched. Arguably the best winger in the code at the time. Yet he never reached the same heights as a union player.

So was he overrated as a league player to begin with? or, despite the protestations of the leaguie crowd, is union simply a harder game to grasp?
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:23 am

I reckon he will head off overseas to play Union. More money!!
How old is he anyway??

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:17 am

He'll play for the highest bidder. He just greedy man who must have done something to be sacked and not wanna mention it.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:23 am

He was never as good as many people thought he was. Was just at the end of a very strong (understatement) Wallaby backline - a drunk monkey would've looked good at the end of a Gregan/Larkham/Gitaeu/Mortlock line...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:18 am

Toulon will come knocking. Play him at 13 alongside Sonny Bill.
Back to top Go down
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:37 am

I was watching the Footy Show yesterday and they were talking about the choices and possibilites for him:

- Move to French rugby
- Move to the ESL
- Move to Broncos, Titans, Roosters

I reckon he'll go to French rugby, if not he'll come back to League with either Broncs or Titans.
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:37 am

I reckon he should go to the NRL
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:40 am

samthaman15 wrote:
I reckon he should go to the NRL

I reckon he should too, but cant see him going there because no NRL club will offer him anywhere near the amount of coin the ARU was paying him.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:45 am

Yeah, but if he really wants to play league in the NRL he'll take it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:34 am

I talked to John Connelly tonight and he had said that Tuqiri will sign with new Melbourne franchise.
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:58 am

Just like add my opinion on Lote i thought he was our best player and i don't think he's replaceable am a fan of sterling mortlock also Lote best Sterling 2nd best. His so called poor behaviour at times should be overlooked if we are serious about winning i think we can still win only because the All Blacks don't seem to be playing that well at the moment but thats why (we can win) not cause we are any good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuqiri sacked by ARU   Tuqiri sacked by ARU Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tuqiri sacked by ARU
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Forumotion's free forums | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com