Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Endangered All Blacks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Endangered All Blacks Empty
PostSubject: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:10 am

Those players that are at risk and who you think could replace them.

- Joe Rokocoko - been in poor form for far too long, played absolute rubbish in the last game
Possible Replacements: Cory Jane promoted to the Starting Spot, Hosea Gear, Leila Masaga, Zac Guilford.

- Andrew Hore/Keven Mealamu - both been struggling big time in the line outs and Hore has been rubbish in general play.
Possible Replacements: Hika Elliot, Aled de Malmanche.

- Jason Eaton - What is the point in him being there? Thorn and Ross are playing way better rugby than him.
Possible Replacements: Bryn Evans

- Stephen Donald - Although he has improved slightly, he still isn't up to test level.
Possible Replacements: Bring back Dan Carter, promote Luke McAlister

- Neemia Tialata, Owen Franks - Tialata been pretty crap, and I don't think Franks is up to a starting spot.
Possible Replacements: Jamie Mackintosh, Wyatt Crockett, Carl Hayman (I reckon if we asked him back, he'd be keen bean)

- Loose Forwards - not sold on the current loose forwards. Kaino been good but was nothing last game, thinking maybe Rodney needs a couple of games in Air NZ Cup to get some form back, Read is Reuben Thorne the Second (A nothing Man)
Possible Replacements: Adam Thompson, Liam Messam

-Weepu and Leonard - Super sub Piri Weepu has not been so super for the ABs in recent games and Leonard is crap
Possible Replacements: Alby Mathewson

Here is a team I'd like to see

15. Mils Muliaina
14. Hosea Gear
13. Conrad Smith
12. Ma'a Nonu
11. Sitiveni Sivivatu
10. Dan Carter
9. Jimmy Cowan
8. Liam Messam
7. Richie McCaw
6. Adam Thompson
5. Isaac Ross
4. Brad Thorn
3. Carl Hayman
2. Hika Elliot
1. Tony Woodcock

16. Aled de Malmanche
17. Jamie Mackintosh
18. Bryn Evans
19. Jerome Kaino
20. Alby Mathewson
21. Luke McAlister
22. Cory Jane

It seems that guys like Hore, Mealamu, So'oialo, Rokocoko and Weepu need some time in Air New Zealand Cup to find some form. Its really time to build up our team for the WC and give some young guns ago.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:39 am

Do you reckon those players you listed are getting picked on rep, rather than form?
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:41 am

Yea a lot of them are, Rokocoko in particular. I reckon it would be good to give some young blood a shot

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:18 am

Hore and Mealamu almost fall into that category as they werent the outstanding hookers in Super 14, that was definitely De Malmanche. So'oialo is the same, been picked after a below his best Super 14 and is struggling to find the form of past years. Isnt Macintosh a loosehead? Clint Newland would bring some more mongrel to the pack
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:24 am

I would love to see big Clint Newland get a run, he wouldn't take shit from any of the opposing props!

Yip, you're right about Jamie, but give him a spot on the bench I reckon

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:28 am

Also I dont think Evans is good at all. We don't need a forward hanging out on the wing, we need someone tough that will stand up to the opposing forwards, someone like Tom Donnely would do this well I think
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:31 am

Tom Donnely, a bit of a dark horse, but Evans had a pretty decnet Super 14, much better than Eaton.

Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:33 am

I would have Hosea starting ahead of Joe.

I dont rate Corey Jane that highly
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:34 am

Evans was on the bench in the Super 14 because he isnt as good. Triggs is OK but goes missing a bit too often. Watched Evans play club rugby a month ago and all he did was stand on the wing. I would say almost every forward in his team hit more rucks than him, was a disgusting performance from a supposed All Black
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:35 am

Jane was solid in his previous outings for the ABs this year and he is great under the high ball, which was one of our major weaknesses in the last test against the Boks.

But yea, I'd start Gear, he's a machine!

Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:37 am

chrishbhs wrote:
Evans was on the bench in the Super 14 because he isnt as good. Triggs is OK but goes missing a bit too often. Watched Evans play club rugby a month ago and all he did was stand on the wing. I would say almost every forward in his team hit more rucks than him, was a disgusting performance from a supposed All Black

What about Jeremy Thrush then, this guy is a star in the making I reckon. When Thorn and Williams go he will be partnering Ross in the starting XV

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:40 am

I would rather have Jane starting at fullback at the moment. Mils has lost his confidence, struggling under the high ball and not running with any commitment. Almost looks scared of defenses
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:41 am

Thrush would be OK. Don't forget Boric is still to come back, I still think he is better than Ross, mainly because he is tougher in the tight
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:43 am

Yea true forgot about Boric, be interesting to see what Henry and co. do when Williams and him both are fit.

I'd have Williams, Thorn starting and Ross on the bench.

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:46 am

Also, if I was going to put anybody into the loose forwards it would be Karl Lowe, could play 6. He was amazing in the weekend
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:48 am

Big Call on Karl Lowe, I'd love to see him their (HBHS Represent) but despite how could he has been in recent times I think he is a long way down the pecking order for loose forward spots. Thompson was also great on friday night and had a solid Super 14 season.

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:52 am

I thought he was St Johns? Karl Lowe was good in Super 14 until injury forced him out for a few weeks and Cooper didnt give him another go. Thompson still struggled with the step up to test level against France so not sure about him
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:56 am

Karl Lowe definitely was at HBHS for a few years, dunno if he went to St Johns or not?

Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:07 am

na karl lowe was hbhs chris you mug. he was my coach in 3rd form when he was in the firsts and i was e grade and i played with his brother all the way through school. i'd say he's not all that far down the pecking order at all hendo. masanga needs to be in the line up for joe. jane for mils.
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:22 am

Yeah, Rocokoco just needs a few games in the air new zealand cup or even the sevens! that fixed him last time!
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:01 am

Yea you would know better than me, hardly my era
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:49 pm

Mealamu is out of the rest of the Tri Nations, so maybede Malmanche will come in?
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:44 pm

KromyD wrote:
Mealamu is out of the rest of the Tri Nations, so maybede Malmanche will come in?

Yea I imagine that would be the case, I'd rather Elliot got the call up though.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Endangered All Blacks   Endangered All Blacks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Endangered All Blacks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com