Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Empty
PostSubject: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:15 pm

The Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens are arguably the two best defenses in the NFL, with players like Polamalu, Reed, Harrison and Lewis.

Which Defense do you think is better?
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:18 pm

steelers for sure...

this season the ravens are stuffed as they have lost their defensive coach and also lost two of their starting defensive players to the jets.
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:18 pm

i'd say Baltimore with lewis but only cause i think the Steelers are fading and the Lewis is The best.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:20 pm

Megadeecee wrote:
i'd say Baltimore with lewis but only cause i think the Steelers are fading and the Lewis is The best.

how are they fading???

we had the best LB in the league and came first in all of the defensive stats except one i think...
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:25 pm

just Think that they can't be as good as they were and they have to Fade . plus Lewis is the Best so .... my peak interest was from about 2001 til 2007 so i'm not sure what the fucks going on at the Moment i hate New England with a passion though and that hasn't changed . If I knew you were a Steeler i wouldn't have walked into this .
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:25 pm

I like Baltimore more. They run more interesting (and creative) blitz packages, and Ed Reed is one of the most entertaining defensive players in football. Pittsburgh's D is a bit more no-frills, but both tend to get the job done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:29 pm

Baltimore,

just more depth in the chart. But all round Steelers due to their offence. Ravens need an offence to be a little more successful
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:30 pm

i just think that the ravens defence is going to fail this year....

they will still have ed reed and ray lewis but they have lost their defensive coach and a few others....
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:32 pm

Dragon Bomber wrote:
i just think that the ravens defence is going to fail this year....

they will still have ed reed and ray lewis but they have lost their defensive coach and a few others....
Like the Steelers, Baltimore have a pretty good record of getting solid contributions out of unheralded players. If their offense has improved this season, it will also reduce the slack on Reed, Lewis, etc. a bit.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:35 pm

thought i would do a thtr and bring out some stats Razz

Total defence :
Steelers - 237.2
Ravens - 261.1

Passing:
Steelers -156.9
Ravens - 179.7

Rushing:
Steelers - 80.2
Ravens - 81.4
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:39 pm

What about turnovers and sacks*?

* I already know the Steelers' edge-rushers racked up a bucket-load of sacks.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:40 pm

Kvltism wrote:
What about turnovers and sacks*?

* I already know the Steelers' edge-rushers racked up a bucket-load of sacks.

ill go find them...
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:44 pm

hmm interesting Stats.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:46 pm

cant find the other stats.... cant really be stuffed finding them...

i think i have proven my point that the steelers are the best defensive team in the comp Very Happy lol
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:47 pm

haha well la di da mr. fancy pants
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:48 pm

Chuck Bass wrote:
haha well la di da mr. fancy pants

atm my pants are pretty fancy so it works out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Ravens are let down by their offense compared to the Steelers. Their offense isn't terrible, but is led by an inexperienced QB with not really any other impact players. The Steelers have Ben Roethlisberger to control a game with experienced WR Hines Ward and up-and-coming Santonio Holmes, along with a mix of youth and experience in the Running Backs.

This puts more pressure on the defense on the Ravens, but they are still able to produce the goods.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:55 pm

hahah

Based on 2008
Sacks:

Cowboys - 1st - 59.0
Steelers - 2nd - 51.0
Eagles - 3rd - 48.0

Ravens - 11th - 34.0

Turnovers:

Steelers -
29 turnovers (not including fumbles not recovered) (20 interceptions, forcing 12 fumbles, recovering 9)

Ravens - 34 turnovers (not including fumbles not recovered) (26 interceptions, 13 forced fumbles, 8 recovered)

Safeties:

Ravens -
3, Steelers - 1

Defensive TD's

Ravens -
6, Steelers - 3
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Manning18 wrote:
Ravens are let down by their offense compared to the Steelers. Their offense isn't terrible, but is led by an inexperienced QB with not really any other impact players. The Steelers have Ben Roethlisberger to control a game with experienced WR Hines Ward and up-and-coming Santonio Holmes, along with a mix of youth and experience in the Running Backs.

This puts more pressure on the defense on the Ravens, but they are still able to produce the goods.

that is one area where we are doing extremely well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Assisted Tackles..

Ravens - 193

Steelers - 342

GANG TACKLERS!! Razz
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 12:25 am

Ravens. but it will be interesting to see whether that remains the case this year after losing Rex Ryan the def coordinator and Bart Scott
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?   Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Better Defense: Steelers or Ravens?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | Sports and Hobbies | Collectives sports | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com