Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

TMO or no TMO

Go down 

Do you think the TMO should be used?
YES
TMO or no TMO Vote_lcap50%TMO or no TMO Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
NO
TMO or no TMO Vote_lcap50%TMO or no TMO Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

TMO or no TMO Empty
PostSubject: TMO or no TMO   TMO or no TMO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:23 am

Television Match Official (TMO) is not being used in the Air New Zealand Cup games for this season.

Do you guys think this is a good idea or not??

I'm in two minds about it.

FOR THE TMO: Although the TMO is not always 100% correct, they have a better chance in making tough calls then the Ref does. I'd hate to have my team lose by a couple of points after being disallowed a try, that we the viewer at home can see its a try through watching the replay.

AGAINST THE TMO: Speeds up the games, don't have to muck around waiting to go upstairs and get a decision.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

TMO or no TMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMO or no TMO   TMO or no TMO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:38 am

As much as having a TMO helps those tough calls - you see a lot (especially at the 'middle' levels - i.e. Super 14) that the refs start depending on it and not trusting their own judgement. I think if you're going to have a TMO, they should be able to judge on any actions leading up to the try - not just in-goal events. So if obsctruction was noted a few metres out, they could disallow the try because of that. All or nothing I reckon.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

TMO or no TMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMO or no TMO   TMO or no TMO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:13 am

even though the video refs in rugby are as bad/used as frequently as the ones in the nrl i still say sack the lot of em haha - let the ref judge the call on what he sees fit (With the help of touchies if necessary)
i can understand that the ref will get a couple of decisions wrong - but thats life, shit happens lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

TMO or no TMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMO or no TMO   TMO or no TMO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:31 am

No TMO .

It slows the game down .
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

TMO or no TMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMO or no TMO   TMO or no TMO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

I say TMO - but they are allowed three or four looks max

If they are still unsure, benefit of the doubt and the Try is awarded
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

TMO or no TMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMO or no TMO   TMO or no TMO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:38 am

SBW wrote:
I say TMO - but they are allowed three or four looks max

If they are still unsure, benefit of the doubt and the Try is awarded

the ref should be able to make the choose by himself i reckon

Why not 2 refs on the field ?

lol
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

TMO or no TMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMO or no TMO   TMO or no TMO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:39 am

Haha I thought this was the league forum
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

TMO or no TMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMO or no TMO   TMO or no TMO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:40 am

SBW wrote:
Haha I thought this was the league forum

What a gumbee
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

TMO or no TMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMO or no TMO   TMO or no TMO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:41 am

Shot Lampard
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

TMO or no TMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMO or no TMO   TMO or no TMO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:44 am

SBW wrote:
Shot Lampard

Shut up

hes gonna carve up Tottenham Smile
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

TMO or no TMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMO or no TMO   TMO or no TMO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:28 pm

against it. the original sport that had TMO's have done away with it and introduced something better. NFL (gridIron) use the TMO when they want to challenge a referee's decision. They get 3 challenges per game and if they challenge and lose the appeal they lose a timeOut. Rugby should come up with something similar, like maybe a punch in the mouth if u challenge and your wrong...would guarantee that its not over used

2 refs, absolutely NOT. what the fuk are the touchJudges (assistant refs my ass) doing? at least one of them can keep an eye on the offside line at any given time. another ref u gotta be kidding, 2 muppetts destroying the game. can u imagine drawing wayneBarnes and fattGoddard? ouch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TMO or no TMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMO or no TMO   TMO or no TMO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TMO or no TMO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com