Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Bolt smashes world record

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sibs#12
Legend

Bolt smashes world record Empty
PostSubject: Bolt smashes world record   Bolt smashes world record Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 4:37 am

Bolt sets record to win 100m gold

Triple Olympic champion Usain Bolt set a new world record as he stormed to a stunning victory in the 100m at the World Championships in Berlin.

The 22-year-old Jamaican recorded a time of 9.58 seconds to shave 0.11 off the mark he set last year when winning gold at the Beijing Olympics.

American Tyson Gay was second in a time of 9.71, with Jamaica's Asafa Powell claiming bronze in 9.84.

Britain's Dwain Chambers came sixth in a season's best time of 10.00.

Bolt, who set three world records when winning his Olympic golds in Beijing last summer, served up another superlative display to enhance his reputation as the best sprinter of all time.

In the final, he powered out of the blocks at the first time of asking and took control of the race within the first 30m, the crowd going wild as he streaked across the line.

Bolt's time represents the biggest increase in the record since electronic timing was introduced in 1968.

"I was ready, I was feeling good after the semi-finals," Bolt told BBC Sport.

"I knew it was going to be a great race and I came out and executed it. It's a great time. I did well and I feel good in myself."

Former world record holder Powell paid tribute to his compatriot, saying: "When I saw the time I had to try and catch him, but I couldn't."

Gay, who went into the final as the reigning world champion, has been troubled by a nagging groin pain and had to cut practice on his start.

"I ran the best I could but it was not enough," he said. "I believe I put in a championship performance and I am very pleased with the national record.

"I'm happy he ran 9.5 because I knew he could do it. I'm happy for him."

Chambers, back competing at the top level after serving a two-year ban for taking the designer steroid THG in 2003, said the final was a "great experience".

"It is hard to explain what it is like to go out there and stand on the line to compete with the best in the world," said the 31-year-old. "It does not get easier as you get older but it is worth it."

Earlier, there was controversy as Britain's Tyrone Edgar was disqualified from the semi-finals.

After Bolt made the opening false start, Edgar was ruled to have transgressed the second time, although initial reaction times seemed to suggest that decision was harsh.

"I don't think it was a false start," said the 27-year-old Edgar, who was also disqualified at the London Grand Prix last month.

"To me it looked pretty good but there is nothing I can do. I am not going to argue the point. I am disappointed right now because I reckon I would have made the final."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/8204381.stm

This should be in Other Sports but oh well Razz Brilliant work by Usain, he is a freak...0.11 off his old record is heaps affraid I cant wait to see how fast he'll be by London 2012!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy
Guru
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Bolt smashes world record   Bolt smashes world record Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 7:20 am

wtf, he is only 22?
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Bolt smashes world record   Bolt smashes world record Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:32 am

Something's in the water as they've all gone ridiculously fast.
Back to top Go down
carlton12
Legend
carlton12

PostSubject: Re: Bolt smashes world record   Bolt smashes world record Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:38 am

wow!

This is amazing, just think, what do ya think yhe WR will be in 100 years time Shocked

Bolt is a freak, it seems h sorta eases of at tyhe end a bit as well...
Back to top Go down
WCEsandiee
Guru
WCEsandiee

PostSubject: Re: Bolt smashes world record   Bolt smashes world record Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:50 pm

Bolt = insane. crazy. and bloody brilliant.
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: Bolt smashes world record   Bolt smashes world record Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:51 pm

carlton09 wrote:
wow!

This is amazing, just think, what do ya think yhe WR will be in 100 years time Shocked

Bolt is a freak, it seems h sorta eases of at tyhe end a bit as well...

under 5 seconds
Back to top Go down
Black Bird
Guru
Black Bird

PostSubject: Re: Bolt smashes world record   Bolt smashes world record Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:03 pm

they will have to go into billionths of seconds in 100 years cause not one with run it in under 9 without drugs
Back to top Go down
http://www.teals_hot_mum.com
keno
Guru
keno

PostSubject: Re: Bolt smashes world record   Bolt smashes world record Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:03 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgjyb1QyyVA&feature=related
that's a video of it

holy shit he can move, thats just unreal
Back to top Go down
WCEsandiee
Guru
WCEsandiee

PostSubject: Re: Bolt smashes world record   Bolt smashes world record Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:20 pm

keno wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgjyb1QyyVA&feature=related
that's a video of it

holy shit he can move, thats just unreal

that video was just WOW
Back to top Go down
keno
Guru
keno

PostSubject: Re: Bolt smashes world record   Bolt smashes world record Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:51 pm

if you think about it, he's actually moving at nearly more than 10m a second, which is really insane
Back to top Go down
TheFeldster
Legend
TheFeldster

PostSubject: Re: Bolt smashes world record   Bolt smashes world record Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:54 pm

I'd take at least 10 seconds to go 10 metres Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Boomer
Guru
Boomer

PostSubject: Re: Bolt smashes world record   Bolt smashes world record Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 4:00 pm

keno wrote:
if you think about it, he's actually moving at nearly more than 10m a second, which is really insane

He IS moving at more than 10m a sec and thats from a still start
Back to top Go down
smashedmirror704
Guru
smashedmirror704

PostSubject: Re: Bolt smashes world record   Bolt smashes world record Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 4:16 pm

drugs
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: Bolt smashes world record   Bolt smashes world record Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 7:14 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

still think the bobsled team is faster
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Bolt smashes world record   Bolt smashes world record Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:36 am

haha the jamaican bobsled team Laughing
i really really hope he isnt doing the roids or anything...it would really ruin the spectacle of 9 and a half seconds
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Gramsy23
Guru
Gramsy23

PostSubject: Re: Bolt smashes world record   Bolt smashes world record Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:46 am

he couldn't be on roids

look at him

he's a stringy fucker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bolt smashes world record   Bolt smashes world record Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bolt smashes world record
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com