Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Biggest Rip Offs

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
redunderthebed
Professional
redunderthebed

Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Caity wrote:
I bought 2 four packs of cruisers for $26 at bws is that good or bad? I usually just buy with my card and can't remember the av price lol
(I got the new flavour.. electric pink it tastes like fairy floss zooper doopers)

Cruisers= silent

Sounds about right other RTD's are a ripoff i mean a six pack of bacardi and coke cans is almost $20. Thumbdown
Back to top Go down
smashedmirror704
Guru
smashedmirror704

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:59 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:

As for Clubs, again drinks are a MASSIVE rip off. Some even charge hefty entries, ala the place I went to on the weekend. It was $20 entry, and, that's on a Guest list, otherwise it's $25! Then, like a Carlton Draught is $7.50! Then of course the Cab home. Shocking!

Was that Prince by any chance? Sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
Sprooly
Guru
Sprooly

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:45 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:
Thats why you; don't go to a place with a cover charge, get drunk before you go out (goon) so you only have to buy a few drinks during the night to keep you going and then walk home, always an adventure.

Nah, I had to go, it was sort of like a high school reunion get together thing. I did get smashed beforehand, but will the limited funds that I had, I sobered up pretty quickly. Still was a good night.

As for walking home, I've walked from Malvern Station to South Yarra Station and that was a journey, but I wasn't going to walk home on a Saturday night, would have taken hours. Plus, I needed to get home ASAP, I wanted to be right for the Saints vs. North game.
holy shit malvern to south yarra would of taken bloody ages!

longest ive walked is from oakleigh to caulfield and that was fkn hell
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:08 pm

haha i love drunken walks Smile the adventures are amazing Laughing
as for drinking at clubs - dont go to a club Razz pubs ftw! and yes drinking before is the go...then 4.50 beers at the pubs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 2:45 pm

smashedmirror704 wrote:
Sparky_Hughes wrote:

As for Clubs, again drinks are a MASSIVE rip off. Some even charge hefty entries, ala the place I went to on the weekend. It was $20 entry, and, that's on a Guest list, otherwise it's $25! Then, like a Carlton Draught is $7.50! Then of course the Cab home. Shocking!

Was that Prince by any chance? Sounds about right.

Yeah mate it was. It's the third time I've been their. It's an OK club, but extremely overrated for mine. I got rejected three times before I got in haha, one of my mates couldn't get in until 1am. I got in at like 10:30. You been their many times??

Sprooly wrote:
Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:
Thats why you; don't go to a place with a cover charge, get drunk before you go out (goon) so you only have to buy a few drinks during the night to keep you going and then walk home, always an adventure.

Nah, I had to go, it was sort of like a high school reunion get together thing. I did get smashed beforehand, but will the limited funds that I had, I sobered up pretty quickly. Still was a good night.

As for walking home, I've walked from Malvern Station to South Yarra Station and that was a journey, but I wasn't going to walk home on a Saturday night, would have taken hours. Plus, I needed to get home ASAP, I wanted to be right for the Saints vs. North game.
holy shit malvern to south yarra would of taken bloody ages!

longest ive walked is from oakleigh to caulfield and that was fkn hell

Haha yep. I walked with a mate to South Yarra because we were supposed to be staying at another mates house. When we got their, no one was home, so we had to camp at South Yaara Station from around 3am to 5:30am in the freezing cold. Then we fell asleep on the train and luckily I woke up at our stop, otherwise we'd have ended up somewhere near Frankston haha.

Last edited by Sparky_Hughes on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:27 pm

haha we had to camp at Central Station last time we were out from 3.50 til 5 Mad
we missed the 3.48 train by like 1 minute and they wouldnt let us in the station coz they closed it at 4 til 5 or someshit
wasnt happy Sad
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:34 pm

a_F_c wrote:
haha we had to camp at Central Station last time we were out from 3.50 til 5 Mad
we missed the 3.48 train by like 1 minute and they wouldnt let us in the station coz they closed it at 4 til 5 or someshit
wasnt happy Sad

Yeah, me and my mate jumped the fence and just sat on the seats waiting for the first train. It was SOOOOO bloody cold that night as well.
Back to top Go down
smashedmirror704
Guru
smashedmirror704

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:54 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:

Yeah mate it was. It's the third time I've been their. It's an OK club, but extremely overrated for mine. I got rejected three times before I got in haha, one of my mates couldn't get in until 1am. I got in at like 10:30. You been their many times??

I've been there a few times and I hate it. Entry is ridiculous, drinks are way over the top, the music is shit, the place is full of wankers and you have to line up to get onto the balcony. I can't think of any redeeming features.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:42 pm

smashedmirror704 wrote:
Sparky_Hughes wrote:

I've been there a few times and I hate it. Entry is ridiculous, drinks are way over the top, the music is shit, the place is full of wankers and you have to line up to get onto the balcony. I can't think of any redeeming features.

Agree with these three. The music is pathetic, I danced for 10 minuted and I thought to myself, fuck that haha. The line for the smokers deck isn't that bad, maybe 5 mins MAX. As I said, to me it's an OK club, but for me Room 680 has been the best I've been too. Only thing is it's so far away.
Back to top Go down
smashedmirror704
Guru
smashedmirror704

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 5:18 pm

I hate how everyone is like ONE LOVE ZOMG but really just pushing play on the latest Ministry of Sound annual doesn't make you a DJ.

Room is okay, but I'm not a huge fan. Not really down for that type of place I'm more into indie places so yeah Room is kind of not my scene. Perhaps it's why I don't like Prince. It is very popular, I might be missing something.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy
Guru
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:00 am

You're not. Although i have been to Room a few times and did have a good time, though it has never been really packed when i went there.

I stick to the smaller (still well known though) bars and pubs around the city and brunswick st. really, although most of them are becoming apartments these days.
Back to top Go down
smashedmirror704
Guru
smashedmirror704

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:32 am

Yeah Brunswick street is great, it has a better feel (fewer pills going around) and most places don't have a cover charge, and the music is better than dance clubs for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:34 am

Didn't soft serve cones use to be 30 cents? ...
Back to top Go down
smashedmirror704
Guru
smashedmirror704

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:38 am

Mate, 25c and 30c with a flake can't have been that long ago.
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:39 am

Bloody rip off.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:30 am

smashedmirror704 wrote:
I hate how everyone is like ONE LOVE ZOMG but really just pushing play on the latest Ministry of Sound annual doesn't make you a DJ.

Room is okay, but I'm not a huge fan. Not really down for that type of place I'm more into indie places so yeah Room is kind of not my scene. Perhaps it's why I don't like Prince. It is very popular, I might be missing something.

Yeah exactly what I thought as well. On Prince, I don't think you're missing anything to be honest. What Clubs do you go to?

Fuzzy wrote:
You're not. Although i have been to Room a few times and
did have a good time, though it has never been really packed when i
went there.

I stick to the smaller (still well known though)
bars and pubs around the city and brunswick st. really, although most
of them are becoming apartments these days.

I've been to Room once and loved it. Was so packed as well. On Brunswick St, I've never been their at night, but I've heard Sorry Grandma is good. Been there?
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy
Guru
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:33 am

Nah haven't been to Sorry Grandma yet but no doubt a drunk adventure is going to end up there one night, its open until 10am isn't it. its in the city isn't it?
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:35 am

is brunswick st in melbourne where all the pubs and bars are? brunswick st in brissy is the valley with all the clubs haha
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy
Guru
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:40 am

There are a couple of streets in Melbourne where you can find a lot of bars and Clubs, like Brunswick St., Chapel St., Fitzroy St., Sydney Rd, Glenferrie Rd (i think) and im sure there are other places i forgot, they all have different vibes too and there are of cause bars and clubs spread throughout the city.

I think you would be a brunswick st. man afc.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:59 am

Fuzzy wrote:
Nah haven't been to Sorry Grandma yet but no doubt a drunk adventure is going to end up there one night, its open until 10am isn't it. its in the city isn't it?

Yeah it's open until 10am, but as I said I've never been so not sure how much entry is if at all or if it's in the City or actually in Brunswick. But I'm going to give Brunswick St a visit pretty soon, I'm starting to get a little sick of Chapel and Fitzroy St.

Fuzzy wrote:
There are a couple of streets in Melbourne where you can find a lot of bars and Clubs, like Brunswick St., Chapel St., Fitzroy St., Sydney Rd, Glenferrie Rd (i think) and im sure there are other places i forgot, they all have different vibes too and there are of cause bars and clubs spread throughout the city.

I think you would be a brunswick st. man afc.

Yeah Glenferrie Rd has Pubs and Clubs as well. That's where Room is, right next to Glenferrie Statin, and also Cheers is on Glenferrie Rd as well I believe.
Back to top Go down
serge
Guru
serge

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:36 am

At Cheers on a Saturday night was a place called Switch ... Punk, Hardcore, Alternative and Metal ...

Was a madd club ...

Shattered it moved ...
Back to top Go down
smashedmirror704
Guru
smashedmirror704

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:25 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:

Yeah it's open until 10am, but as I said I've never been so not sure how much entry is if at all or if it's in the City or actually in Brunswick. But I'm going to give Brunswick St a visit pretty soon, I'm starting to get a little sick of Chapel and Fitzroy St.

Sorry Grandma is on King St. in the city and it goes alright, fairly good place with good vibe and they play kind of indie dance I suppose you could call it. They have a few rooms so there's a bit of variety. It's $20 entry or $15 with a list so it's a bit on the expensive side and they don't have tap beer but the stubbie prices aren't too bad though they're not cheap. The crowd is pretty good too, fairly friendly place when I've been, and while there are some pills and stuff going around I've never had any trouble.

Personally, I favour the Brunswick St. crawl, heaps of bars and such that you can wind up in along there, as for the city, I spend a fair bit of time at Eurotrash, though that's moving up in the world and getting a bit pricey these days. WOW is good too for indie music and fairly competitive prices. I tend to enjoy places where I know people who are there, there is somewhere like a smoking area where you can chat without the music being too loud and the prices aren't prohibitive. Also fewer pills and better music is a plus. I prefer indie places to places that play dance music.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy
Guru
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:40 am

Eurotrash, used to smash that place back in the day, Tuesday night basically meant Eurotrash, wednesday meant a eurobomb hangover. Last time i went there, a few months ago, i felt like the oldest person in the place.
Back to top Go down
smashedmirror704
Guru
smashedmirror704

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:59 am

Yeah it used to be kind of unknown but when it got popular, they bumped the prices up. I remember the days of free entry on Saturdays (I'm talking like early last year) and these days it's $15. Still a cool place though.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:20 pm

smashedmirror704 wrote:
Sorry Grandma is on King St. in the city and it goes alright, fairly good place with good vibe and they play kind of indie dance I suppose you could call it. They have a few rooms so there's a bit of variety. It's $20 entry or $15 with a list so it's a bit on the expensive side and they don't have tap beer but the stubbie prices aren't too bad though they're not cheap. The crowd is pretty good too, fairly friendly place when I've been, and while there are some pills and stuff going around I've never had any trouble.

Personally, I favour the Brunswick St. crawl, heaps of bars and such that you can wind up in along there, as for the city, I spend a fair bit of time at Eurotrash, though that's moving up in the world and getting a bit pricey these days. WOW is good too for indie music and fairly competitive prices. I tend to enjoy places where I know people who are there, there is somewhere like a smoking area where you can chat without the music being too loud and the prices aren't prohibitive. Also fewer pills and better music is a plus. I prefer indie places to places that play dance music.

OK, sounds pretty good though. I know a few people that have been and they say it's pretty good. Got to go to WOW as well, I've heard mixed things about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Rip Offs   Biggest Rip Offs - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biggest Rip Offs
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Forum free | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com