Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Brett Favre hate club

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Brett Favre hate club Empty
PostSubject: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:40 am

Here is a thread dedicated to hating one of the most over-rated players in the NFL, Brett Favre. The man who has retired twice, holds the record for most career interceptions and is one of the most selfish players of the game.

Let me admit first, he was ONCE a decent QB, but after his good years of 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 and maybe 2001, he has done nothing.

I know there will be plenty of different reactions from this thread, please say what you think. Smile
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:18 am

haha love your dp manning18....

he used to be a great QB but he has passed it.... but i cant say that i hate him
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:31 am

I hate him because of the situation he put the Green Bay orgainisation mostly. He had retired which was fair enough for his age and the Packers were starting to build for life after Brett and were putting their future in Aaron Rodgers' hands. For some stupid reason, Brett decides he 'still has it' and tells the Packers he wants to play again. The Packers don't want to waste Rodgers for another year and tell Brett that he can become the backup QB for Rodgers.

Brett doesn't like this and says that it is either a starting spot at Green Bay or forcing them to trade him away. The situation the Packers were now in was either waste Rodgers for another year and tatter the success of their next few seasons or build for the future with Rodgers and tell Brett to go away. It was this situation that the Packers never intended on having. The fans were going to be split with more than half hating the Packers for not letting 'Lord Brett' come back. This wasn't good for the organisation which spent weeks of fans booing Rodgers and chanting 'Bring back Brett'.

So basically I hate him for his selfishness and the way he can't make up his mind. He lost it a long time ago and I hope the fans throw popcorn at Brett and that Rodgers beats him in his return the Lambeau field game.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:01 am

To be honest, and I know a fair few Americans who feel the same way, the guy just continues to cheapen his legacy. That first retirement from the Packers should have been it. Curtains. Over. His return for the Jets could be forgiven somewhat, even if it did ultimately set that team's progress back a year. But this return to play for the Vikings is a disgrace.

However, I think Green Bay will come out better for it. Now that Favre has turned Judas and joined a divisional rival, all of those Packers fans are going to be donning the cheese hats and getting behind Rodgers with full voice. They'd love nothing more than for Rodgers to have an amazing season (in turn leading to Packers to one) and better yet, give Favre and the Vikings a good old kick to the colon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:10 am

He should have retired a long time ago. He's not that great of a QB. The stats don't lie when he throws 20+ Interceptions in 6 of his seasons and only threw less than 15 interceptions in 4 of his seasons.

He's nothing compared to Brady or Manning where Brady has never thrown over 15 ints in his career. I'll admit Peyton took a while to mature when he had his worst season in his rookie year with 28 but ever since he established himself as one of the best of the game in 2003, he hasn't thrown 15+.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:06 pm

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady will be first-ballot Hall of Fame inductees, no doubt. I'd say Favre will too, even if he's sabotaging his standing now.
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:15 am

i used to like Favre but He's Past it i watched him decline over the past couple years at the Packers .He has gone from Great to very good to Maybe past it in the last 5 years . I've got no problem with not wanting to retire but all this I'm Retired Now i'm not shit is Dramaqueen stuff.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:36 am

Im starting hate him. But i respect him even though hes slowly killing that respect.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:33 am

he seems to be getting back into his grove..... with the vikings having such a dominate running game i think it takes a lot of the pressure off favre and i think we will see good things from him.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:58 am

From what I have seen this season, Favre has restored some of the lost respect I had for him. Has made some good plays (like the winner against that Niners rabble) and some of the blocks! Absolutely loved seeing him go after defensive players to help team-mates make a play. Up against Green Bay this week, that'll be the major test of his character.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:05 am

u may hate him but mygod he was good today!
24/31, 250+yrds and 3 tds i think...he was immense. also the only QB to have beaten every single team in the nfl, thats amazing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:04 am

I admit, he has been very good the last 4 weeks, especially that play against the Niners. He hasn't really played any contenders this year but he has done his job well, to dominate the passing game and help them out of situations like they were last week against teh niners.

I still hate him, but I am not going to be biased and say that hes playing shit, he's only thrown one interception this year.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Adrian Peterson was kept pretty quiet today, it was Favre's show.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Manning18 wrote:
I admit, he has been very good the last 4 weeks, especially that play against the Niners. He hasn't really played any contenders this year but he has done his job well, to dominate the passing game and help them out of situations like they were last week against teh niners.

I still hate him, but I am not going to be biased and say that hes playing shit, he's only thrown one interception this year.

you just hate him because you know he is way greater than Manning Razz
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:10 am

Hank Moody wrote:
Manning18 wrote:

you just hate him because you know he is way greater than Manning Brett Favre hate club Icon_razz

lol, Brett Favre is nowhere near the League of Manning. At least Manning hasn't thrown the most interceptions out of anyone who has ever played American Football.

The bad thing about the Vikings signing Favre is that if they don't win a championship for at least one of the 2 years Favre is in, the 2 years would have been a huge failure, and once Favre retires for good, they will be looking for another QB for the next few years. Signing Favre was really a short term solution to a long term problem at QB for Minesota.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:37 am

favre is just warming the postition untill vick gets back on his feet Razz
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 7:01 am

Why don't you add retired twice and most interceptions in a career to Favres achievemet list Hank?
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:28 pm

Manning18 wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:
Manning18 wrote:

you just hate him because you know he is way greater than Manning Brett Favre hate club Icon_razz

lol, Brett Favre is nowhere near the League of Manning. At least Manning hasn't thrown the most interceptions out of anyone who has ever played American Football.

The bad thing about the Vikings signing Favre is that if they don't win a championship for at least one of the 2 years Favre is in, the 2 years would have been a huge failure, and once Favre retires for good, they will be looking for another QB for the next few years. Signing Favre was really a short term solution to a long term problem at QB for Minesota.
I disagree. Should the Vikings draft a QB in the first-round next season, it would be fantastic to have them eased through for a year under Favre's tutelage.

They already have a strong D, some good recruiting there would be handy also. They have a great running game and some excellent talent at wide receiver plus a legit tight-end and solid O-line. Phasing in a new franchise quarterback without the teething pains would be a masterstroke by Minnesota.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:23 pm

Unless Favre has a shocker for the rest of the season, which I doubt he will, the Vikings will probably get a pick in the 20s. This will give them the chance to draft a QB that can be under Favre's guidance for a year and take the starting job. The only problem is, there wouldn't be much of quality QB's in the draft late in the 20s.

Unless they trade up, there won't be a QB good enough to take up a starting position within a year. Especially with the amount of teams going for a franchise QB like the Buccs, Redskins, Browns, Rams or even the Raiders (Say what you think about the lack of help he gets around him, Al Davis will be in for change).
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:26 pm

Matt hasselbeck and Aaron Rodgers are both former backups to Favre, look how they turned out..
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:32 pm

Unless favre has a different mind-set at Minesota, he doesn't really help his back-ups too much. I remember the commentators saying on MNF that when Rodgers was drafted, Favre said he didn't want to be the mentor of him and that their relationship wasn't that close.

He may have changed, since he is at Minesota to help out the team, and not dominate the leagues passing stats.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:38 pm

They also said on MNF that Favre had been a great help to Tarvaris Jackson, and that his game had lifted up a notch under his guidance. Not saying that he'll be their franchise QB for one second, but it shows that Brett is at least willing to put time into helping his team-mates. There's a lot the likes of Harvin and Rice can learn from him too.

I think they could land a good QB in the 20's. There are 5 possible franchise prospects that could be in the 2010 draft, we'll just have to wait and see who declares.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:33 am

Lol well I probably missed that. Favre definately has a different mindset in Minesota. At Green Bay Favre would have wanted most of the pass attempts, but now, with the amount of weapons he has around him, he is just filling in and will hand the ball off most times to Peterson.

And yes, after looking at it that was a pretty stupid comment above. A QB in the 20s wouldn't be able to start in his rookie year, but could develop after a year under Favre.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre hate club   Brett Favre hate club Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brett Favre hate club
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com