Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

College Football Thread

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

College Football Thread Empty
PostSubject: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:56 am

Well, College Football season kicks off next week. My Oregon Ducks face the No. 14 Ranked Boise State at Boise. Should be a really tough game.

The Pac-10 has three teams Ranked in the Top 25. USC at 4, CAL at 12 and Oregon at 16. On Oregon, we face three Top 20 teams in the first 4 weeks, these being Boise State, Utah and CAL. But luckily, only the Boise State game is away from our turf and the Auzten Stadium, I think that'll decide how we end up doing this year. We also have USC at home as well, which is vital for our chances of winning the Pac-10. It's a big year for our starting QB Jeremiah Masoli, who led us to the Holiday Bowl win over Oklahoma State last season.

ESPN will probably show quite a lot of games, and the BIG ones as well. Hopefully even One HD can grab a couple of games too, that'd be fantastic.

I'm pumped for the 2009 College Football season, bring it on!

Last edited by Sparky_Hughes on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:56 am

My College Football Tips:

These are for the 4 Big Conferences in College Football

Big 12: Texas Longhorns. I've gone for the Longhorns to edge the Sooners and also Oklahoma State.

SEC: Florida Gators. Only they can lose it, but I think they'll be too strong for everyone including Alabama, LSU and Ole Miss.

Big 10: Ohio State. Very tough choice, as Penn State did make the Rose Bowl last season, but I think they'll get it done.

Pac-10: My Conference of choice as my Oregon Ducks are in the Pac-10 but also I do like the CAL Golden Bears as well.

I do think that both these teams can topple USC for the Pac-10 Title, it's not going to be the "Pac-1" like it has of some previous years. Things that are in favor of Oregon and why I'm picking them to win the Pac-10 this Season over CAL is that the Ducks get to play both CAL and USC at home, in the famous Autzen Stadium. I think Jeremiah Masoli will continue his amazing form that he showed last season for the Ducks in leading them to the Holiday Bowl win over Oklahoma State. They just need to get over Boise State in Week 1 which is next week. I think CAL probably has the easier schedule of the three, and that could get them the Pac-10 Title, but I think Oregon will beat CAL in Oregon and that'll be decisive. I'll even give you what I think each of the three's records will be.

Oregon Ducks - I think the Ducks will go 10-2 or 11-1 this year, it's going to come down to the Boise State game, and also the home games against CAL and USC which I think they'll win. I'll say they go 11-1 based on losing to Boise, but beating both CAL and USC.

CAL Golden Bears - The Bears have the easiest schedule for mine of the three, only tough games away to the Ducks and at home to USC. These two matches will decide their season, I'll say they go 11-1 but lose to the Ducks in Oregon.

USC Trojans - Got a pretty tough schedule. Away to Ohio State, CAL and Oregon, plus the problems of who'll be their QB is why I think USC will struggle quite a bit. I'll say they go 9-3, with losses too all three of the above teams. Had they of still had Mark Sanxhez, I'd have backed them to win the Pac-10, but I think losing him to the NFL is a key loss above most other losses they've suffered.

Thoughts??
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:04 am

gonna jump on the utah bandwagon this year...

btw one hd has a couple of games each week
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:05 am

do not understand all the conferences and so on so forth but meh Razz

when i watched the championship game last yr i went for OU so i may as well keep that going Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:26 am

I've been a USC fan for a while now but I don't think this will be our year lol. With some 7 of 11 defensive starters graduating along with Sanchezz, we probably won't be the most competitive team. Hopefully we can unearth some good talent this year. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:38 am

Svoerman wrote:
gonna jump on the utah bandwagon this year...

btw one hd has a couple of games each week

Yeah saw this as well, plus ESPN shows 2 games a week as well.

My Ducks have Utah in Week 3, bring it on!
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:44 am

just looked through the times for college football on one hd......

looks like i will be getting into it this year Razz

who should i support lol....
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:53 pm

Dragon Bomber wrote:
just looked through the times for college football on one hd......

looks like i will be getting into it this year Razz

who should i support lol....

Yeah good man. If I was you, I'd go for the California Golden Bears, who are my second favorite team, and they're a really good chance to win the Pac-10 this season. Get on CAL I'd say, or maybe Texas, another fantastic team.
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:59 am

UTEP & Colorado going down cost me had them as (U)6th & (C) 7th leg and (C) as a 12th leg Hail Mary which makes 2 bets of 11 out of 12 in about a month hurts when that happens cause you get the feeling your gonna win. Great game yesterday with Miami beating Florida ST 38-34
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Well, I managed to only catch the 4th Quarter of the USC vs. Ohio State game, but what a game it looked like, and what a finish as well. The last drive by the Trojans, lead by Matt Barkley, was simply awesome, and keeps the Trojans 100% record intact. The atmosphere at the Horse Shoe was absolutely amazing, 105,000+ fans, a record for the Buckeyes, and it lived up to the hype as well. A terrific game it looked it, I was very disappointed to only catch the 4th Q, but yeah, an amazing finish.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:47 pm

As for my Ducks, well we got a very narrow win, but a win nonetheless and are now 1-1.

FINAL: Oregon 38-36 Purdue

Quack, Quack, Quack!!!

It came down to Purdue getting a TD to make it 38-36, but the 2 point conversion failed. We've scrapped through win a win, but we're going to need to be much better against the No. 17 Ranked Utah Utes.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:14 pm

is there any games on one HD tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:24 pm

Dragon Bomber wrote:
is there any games on one HD tomorrow?

Nope, not that I know of. Plenty of NFL on One HD tomorrow though.
Back to top Go down
Kitch
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:53 pm

Seven quickies for Week Six!

1. Anyone who doubted the Florida defense this year should be ashamed of themselves. It was almost painful to watch the way Brandon Spikes and the rest of the Gators chomped and chopped their way through the LSU offensive line. Gary Danielson on CBS said it best: even Sam Bradford had trouble with that defense. Josh Jefferson is not in Sam Bradford's league. He was horribly outmatched and spent a lot of time on his back. Not quite the game I expected, but enjoyable nonetheless.

2. I'm predicting a Florida-Alabama tilt in the SEC Championship. Not much of a prediction, I know, given that they are the two best teams in the nation right now, but still, what a game that'll be!

3. Texas were woeful for half of the game against Colorado in Austin on Saturday night. They fully deserved to drop a position in the rankings. They're a long way behind Alabama and Florida right now, in my estimation.

4. Oregon's resurgence continues. They can win without Jeremiah Masoli, and that can only be a good thing. They had some good plays on defense and special teams, and the run game was about as good as ever. They're right back in the hunt for a PAC-10 title. Their home game against USC in a few weeks looms as being a belter. This entire conference is looking mighty interesting right now!

5. The pressure is right back on Bobby Bowden at FSU. It's going to be a long and interesting week in Tallahassee after losing on Saturday night, following on from the rumours that Bowden's days at the Seminoles are officially numbered. On the up side of things, Christian Ponder played pretty well.

6. Don't sleep on Kansas in the Big 12. It seems like everyone's forgotten them in the Big 12 North with Missouri and Nebraska getting all the press. The Fighting Manginos are looking good. Todd Reesing is as good a QB as there is in the country and his backup turned converted wide reciever Kerry Meier pulled in a lazy 16 catches (a school record) for 142 yards and two TDs for the Jayhawks vs. Iowa State on Saturday. They won a belter, 41-36. Get on board this train. Mildly interesting match vs. Colorado in Boulder ahead of some corkers against Texas, Nebraska and, of course, the oldest rivalry in college football, Missouri in the Border War.

7. Thinking that this might be the best weekend of college football this season. Texas and Oklahoma in the Red River Shootout at Midday, followed by Notre Dame vs. USC at 3.30pm and a host of interesting matches later in the evening.

Week Six Player of the Week:

I could've picked any number of players from the Kansas Jayhawks, but senior QB Todd Reesing gets the nod this week. A mightily impressive kid from a school that isn't necessarily known for football (at least not as much as it's known for basketball greatness), Reesing had a career day (as did receivers Meier and Briscoe outside) going 37/49 for 442 yards, 4 TDs and 1 INT. His QB rating was 174.1. Not a bad outing, and easily enough for Kitch's Player of the Week.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:09 am

Yeah I was really happy with our win over UCLA, the defense stood up once again and we took control in that 3rd Q after being 3-0 down at HT.

We've got the Bye this week, then next week the USC come to Autzen. Going to be HUGE Kitch.

By the way, did your missus get any pics from the Ducks vs. Bruins game?
Back to top Go down
Kitch
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:16 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Yeah I was really happy with our win over UCLA, the defense stood up once again and we took control in that 3rd Q after being 3-0 down at HT.

We've got the Bye this week, then next week the USC come to Autzen. Going to be HUGE Kitch.

By the way, did your missus get any pics from the Ducks vs. Bruins game?

Probably. She flies in Thursday evening so I'll peruse her camera. There'll be a heap from Boise, too.
Back to top Go down
Shanbon
Guru
Shanbon

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:25 am

Ok so are there college games today (11am EDST)? There are a few on my sports bet account that i wouldnt mind having a multi on.

College Football Thread Bullet_go Arkansas State at UL Monroe

14-10-2009 11:00AEDST

Head to HeadLine
Arkansas State 2.081.91 (+2.5)
UL Monroe 1.751.91 (-2.5)
Includes All Overtime
Other Bet Types: Total Points

College Football Thread Bullet_go Boise State at Tulsa

15-10-2009 11:00AEDST

Head to HeadLine
Boise State 1.281.91 (-9.0)
Tulsa 3.701.91 (+9.0)
Includes All Overtime

College Football Thread Bullet_go Cincinnati at South Florida

16-10-2009 10:30AEDST

Head to HeadLine
Cincinnati 1.571.91 (-3.0)
South Florida 2.401.91 (+3.0)
Includes All Overtime

College Football Thread Bullet_go Pittsburgh at Rutgers

17-10-2009 11:00AEDST

Head to HeadLine
Pittsburgh 1.651.91 (-3.0)
Rutgers 2.251.91 (+3.0)
Includes All Overtime
Back to top Go down
Shanbon
Guru
Shanbon

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:29 am

My Multi

Event NameSelectionTypeOddsLine
Boise State at TulsaBoise StateLine1.91 -9.0
Cincinnati at South FloridaCincinnatiLine1.91 -3.0
Pittsburgh at RutgersPittsburghLine1.91 -3.0
Multibet Odds @ 6.97
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:00 pm

I'd love to see my Raiders draft Brandon Spikes.

Hopefully he can set the world on fire in the 40 at the combine!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Shanbon wrote:
My Multi

Event NameSelectionTypeOddsLine
Boise State at TulsaBoise StateLine1.91 -9.0
Cincinnati at South FloridaCincinnatiLine1.91 -3.0
Pittsburgh at RutgersPittsburghLine1.91 -3.0
Multibet Odds @ 6.97

Yeah, Boise is at Tulsa and that is playing tomorrow sometime, maybe around 10am. Cincinnati at South Florida in on Friday then Pitt vs. Rutgers is on Sunday. Good luck. Should come down to the Pitt vs. Rutgers game.
Back to top Go down
Shanbon
Guru
Shanbon

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:07 am

I get ESPN at work so thought i would get to watch the Boise State game but they only showed the pre-game show, i think its on ONE sports channel but you dont get that with fox for some stupid reason so i cant watch it.
Back to top Go down
Shanbon
Guru
Shanbon

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:29 am

Multi is gone on first game Boise State only won by 7, they should have kicked a FG at the end, they were within range.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:30 am

Shanbon wrote:
Multi is gone on first game Boise State only won by 7, they should have kicked a FG at the end, they were within range.

Ah well, Tulsa is a good team, they were always going to be a tough team to beat.

Still though, Boise keep their unbeaten record and should get a BCS berth should they remain unbeaten the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
Shanbon
Guru
Shanbon

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 7:21 am

Boise had a 14 point lead into the 4th quater and should have had the 9 covered but oh well will back it up next week.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 4:21 pm

BCS Standings (18-10-2009)

1 Florida 6-0
2 Alabama 7-0
3 Texas 6-0
4 Boise State 6-0
5 Cincinnati 6-0
6 Iowa 7-0
7 USC 5-1
8 TCU 6-0
9 LSU 5-1
10 Miami (FL) 5-1
11 Oregon 5-1
12 Georgia Tech 6-1
13 Penn State 6-1
14 Virginia Tech 5-2
15 Oklahoma State 5-1
16 Brigham Young 6-1
17 Houston 5-1
18 Utah 5-1
19 Ohio State 5-2
20 Pittsburgh 6-1
21 Wisconsin 5-2
22 Arizona 4-2
23 West Virginia 5-1
24 South Carolina 5-2
25 Kansas 5-1

Very happy to see my Ducks at 11th, it'll really come down to the USC at home game to see where we end up.

Can't believe Virginia Tech is still 14th despite losing twice, and USC at 7th is very low considering they've beaten Ohio State and Notre Dame away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College Football Thread
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com