Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

College Football Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

College Football Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 8:33 am

liam_bombers wrote:
haha Ablett29 Oklahoma won the Sun Bowl.

whoops sorry so many bowls aparently the woods and chicks bowl is on next week College Football Thread - Page 5 48427 College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:43 pm

Ablett29 wrote:
I watched the Rosebowl today
Oklahoma won i forget the other team College Football Thread - Page 5 48427

It was the Ohio State Buckeyes, and they beat my Oregon Ducks.

Honestly, I'm still really pissed about the loss. Pryor played the best game he's ever played, and Jeremiah Masoli just didn't live up to his potential that he showed against USC, Arizona and Oregon State.

On the All-State Sugar Bowl, if you're a College Football regular, you'll know that it's no surprise than Cincinnati got their butts whipped by a far stronger Florida Gators team. Great way for Tim Tebow to end his College career, hopefully an NFL career at the Jacksonville Jaguars awaits.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:45 pm

Ablett29 wrote:
liam_bombers wrote:
haha Ablett29 Oklahoma won the Sun Bowl.

whoops sorry so many bowls aparently the woods and chicks bowl is on next week College Football Thread - Page 5 48427 College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_razz

Yeah 34 Bowls in total. I'll give you one thing Ablett, a lot are pointless, but then again, a lot of them are fantastic. The Capital One Bowl between Penn State and LSU this morning was brilliant, with the Nittany Lions getting up with a field goal to win it in the last minute 19-17.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:54 pm

So you think Jacksonville's patience with Garrard has ended?
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:57 pm

Manning18 wrote:
So you think Jacksonville's patience with Garrard has ended?

Well, he's had his turn and it just hasn't worked. Plus, economically, Tim Tebow makes a lot of sense at the Jags'. He'll put bums on seats, he'll get sponsors to the organization, and he's a similar player to Garrard anyway, so I think we're upgrading as a whole package. Plus, mentally, he's as strong as anyone.
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:35 am

Fiesta Bowl:
Boise State Broncos vs TCU Horned Frogs.
13-0------------------12-0

Go Broncos!
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:04 am

Final: Boise State 17-10 TCU

Well what a game it was, with the Broncos getting up thanks to a 4th Quarter drive led by QB Kellen Moore. It really was though, a defensive struggle throughout and neither offense could get clicking. I thought for a moment that TCU's final drive was looking good, but Andy Dalton's third INT of the game ended TCU's hopes of an undefeated season. Great game of football.
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:27 am

Fiesta Bowl champs Grin
Go Broncos!!!

My jaw hit the floor when the INT came at the very end Surprised

14-0.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:51 am

I think the tag of the Broncos being overrated due to their soft schedule can stick it right up themselves. That's the second Fiesta Bowl win for Boise State in the last three years. They beat Oklahoma 43-42 in 07'.

Surely they'll be in the National Championship equation next season as well.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 6:35 pm

Iowa beat Georgia Tech in the Fedex Orange Bowl yesterday, 24-14. I was expecting that too.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 2:55 pm

Alabama vs Texas tomorrow lunchtime if im not mistaken? National Championship game?

Ill be watching, 1 vs 2 so it should be a cracker. Ill go for Texas I think. Why? Not too sure, but if im going to watch ill need a team lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:08 am

National Championship game today College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_biggrin
Hoping for a Longhorns victory, i think they can do it.
Anyone else watching?
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:28 am

What was Alabama thinking at the start of the game? Unbelievable!

That crowd sounds insane as well, being at one of these games would be awesome
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:00 am

Fuckin hell. Texas are done
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:12 am

Texas are pretty much gone. The interception from Dareus was heart-breaking for Texas fans hoping to go into half time down 17-6.

Hoping Texas can come strong in this half, but I doubt it. Ever since Colt went down, both sides of the ball for Texas looked to have lost motivation and intensity.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 6:08 am

Yes come on Texas.
Touchdown and the onside kick recovery
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 6:36 am

Shipley gets his 2nd TD to narrow the margin. Alabama up 24-21 with 6 minutes left.

Extra point was converted.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 6:38 am

What a comeback so far. I still think McElroy will close it out though. Hopefully not
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:11 am

Well Bama have pretty much won, 37-21. Congratulations to Saban and his team, they were the #1 team all year with their defense and Ingram leading the way.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:20 am

That was a great game I thought. 37-21 flattered Alabama imo but a well deserved victory on the day and congrats to them.
Amazing heart shown by Texas though, to come back within 3 points was awesome and they had all the momentum. Dont remember which Bama player it was but what a hit on Gilbert to force loose the ball and ultimately win them the game. What a horrible way for McCoy to end his college career as well, feel sorry for the kid. Hes gona be a star in a few years.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:54 am

Was a great game. Too bad about the end result though. But Alabama did deserve it. I hope McCoy makes as big of an impact in the NFL as he did in college.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:10 pm

Manning18 wrote:
Well Bama have pretty much won, 37-21. Congratulations to Saban and his team, they were the #1 team all year with their defense and Ingram leading the way.

Wouldn.t say they were all year, but when it came to the game against Florida in the SEC Championship Game, then yes, they were.

Texas had their moments, Florida had their moments, even TCU had their moments and who knows, maybe Boise State could have made an impression had they been in the game. But yes, in the end, the two teams that finished 1 and 2 were the best two teams.

I haven't seen the game, as I worked from 12-10:30pm today, so I'll be watching the replay at 4am. But there's no doubt to me that had McCoy have played a full game, the result would have been very different.

For back-up QB Garrett Gilbert to do so well was an awesome effort, but in the end, the Crimson Tide seemed too good.

Must say, good to see a few of you watched the game today, I would have loved to, but unfortunately, work commitments stopped me. Hopefully most of you pick a team and really follow College Football in 2010/11, it's one heck of a ride, and beats NFL by a mile.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:23 pm

Mark Ingram leaps up the draft board? Yup.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 6:47 pm

Kvltism wrote:
Mark Ingram leaps up the draft board? Yup.

If he declares.

I'm about to watch the replay now, should be good.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:28 am

Manning said the same thing to me. But in all seriousness, having won the Heisman, national title game and offensive MVP in said match this season... you'd be a fucking idiot not to declare. Unless he's hell-bent on a second Heisman, but Ingram seems like too much of a grounded team player for that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College Football Thread
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com