Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

College Football Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

College Football Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:13 pm

My Top 10 after Week 9:

1] Florida
2] Texas
3] Alabama
4] TCU
5] Cincinnati
6] Oregon
7] Boise State
8] LSU
9] Iowa
10] Georgia Tech

I'm being conservative with my Ducks at 6, I think if we can win away to Stanford next weekend, then they'll move up the Rankings even more.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:55 am

BCS Standings: Week 9

1] Florida
2] Texas
3] Alabama
4] Iowa
5] Cincinnati
6] TCU
7] Boise State
8] Oregon
9] LSU
10] Georgia Tech
11] Penn State
12] USC
13] Pittsburgh
14] Utah
15] Houston
16] Ohio State
17] Miami FL
18] Arizona
19] Oklahoma State
20] CAL
21] Wisconsin
22] Notre Dame
23] Virginia Tech
24] Oklahoma
25] South Florida
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:12 am

Hmm... interesting that they rate Iowa over TCU. After next week, I predict LSU will drop out of the 10, with the winner of Ohio State/Penn. State to fill the void.

There are some HUGE games with major ramifications coming up, such as:

Ohio State @ Penn. State
LSU @ Alabama
Ohio State @ Iowa
Notre Dame @ Pittsburgh
Utah @ TCU
Arizona @ California
West Virginia @ Cincinnati
Oregon @ Arizona
Florida @ South Carolina

That top 10 is wide open, and I still think you'll have one or two top-5 teams slip up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:43 am

Kvltism wrote:
Hmm... interesting that they rate Iowa over TCU. After next week, I predict LSU will drop out of the 10, with the winner of Ohio State/Penn. State to fill the void.

There are some HUGE games with major ramifications coming up, such as:

Ohio State @ Penn. State
LSU @ Alabama
Ohio State @ Iowa
Notre Dame @ Pittsburgh
Utah @ TCU
Arizona @ California
West Virginia @ Cincinnati
Oregon @ Arizona
Florida @ South Carolina

That top 10 is wide open, and I still think you'll have one or two top-5 teams slip up.

Yeah they are some massive games. Even Oregon's trip to Stanford this weekend will be very tough, and the Week 12 Civil War match-up with Oregon State.

On the above matches, I'm just hoping Bama' beats LSU, Ohio State beats Iowa and Utah beats TCU. That would have huge ramifications on the BCS Rankings.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:46 am

Good article on allpac10.com about who should be ranked higher between Oregon and Boise State.

http://www.allpac10.com/arguing-both-sides-oregon-ducks-and-boise-state-broncos-who-deserves-to-be-higher-in-the-polls/comment-page-1/#comment-291

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:40 pm

Ultimately, Oregon should be ranked above Boise State.

Had a good chuckle at that Roger's post in the comments section.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:50 pm

Kvltism wrote:
Ultimately, Oregon should be ranked above Boise State.

Had a good chuckle at that Roger's post in the comments section.

Me too, that was very funny.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:13 am

Yet another massive, amazing and very unpredictable weekend of College Football.

Alabama ran over the top of LSU winning 24-15. Would have liked to have watched the game, but work this morning meant missing what looked like a really good football game. It does mean LSU can kiss whatever National Championship Game ambitions they had, and also means Florida and Alabama is a lock for the SEC Championship Game. Should be a classic. Right now, I'm favoring the Gators by a TD.

Shocking loss for my Ducks today as well. Losing away to Stanford 51-42. Really does make last weeks win over USC all for nothing really in terms of the National Championship Game hopes that we might have had. We were though, well beaten it seems, and really, apart from getting within 6pts very late in the 4th Q, it was Stanford that always had control.

We're still 5-1 in the PAC-10, and lead it by .5 of a game ahead of Arizona who are 4-1 in the PAC-10.

Oregon State belted CAL in Berkeley 31-14 as well.

So yes the PAC-10 is well and truly open, but still you'd have to favor the Ducks, albeit just.

There's been an amazing finish to the Houston vs. Tulsa game. With 30 seconds to go, and down by 8pts, Houston got a TD to make it 45-43, then as time expired, Matt Hogan's 51 yard field goal attempt sailed through the sticks to give Houston an incredible 46-45 win. Case Keenum threw for 522 yards with 3 TD's and no INT. Amazing game.

The Cincinnari Bearcats National Championship Game hopes remain alive after holding off a fast finishing Connecticut Huskies team to win 47-45 and remain unbeaten. After leading 30-10 at the break, you'd have thought the Bearcats had the game wrapped up, but to the Huskies credit they kept in it and in the end, were a little unlucky to lose.

Also, USC has held off the Arizona State Sun Devils 14-9, despite a real stinker of a game by Trojans QB Matt Barkley, who went 7/22 throwing for just 112 yards and just the one TD. However, they remain in the hunt for the PAC-10 Title.

In some of todays other Top 25 Results:

16] Ohio State 24-16 11] Penn State
Wake Forest 27-30 10] Georgia Tech OT
Northwestern 17-10 4] Iowa
6] TCU 55-12 San Diego State
New Mexico 14-45 14] Utah
19] Oklahoma State 34-8 Iowa State
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:39 am

Here's how I think the Rankings should look when they come out tomorrow.

1] Florida
2] Texas
3] Alabama
4] TCU
5] Cincinnati
6] Boise State
7] Georgia Tech
8] Iowa
9] Oregon
10] LSU
11] USC
12] Pittsburgh
13] Utah
14] Ohio State
15] Houston
16] Miami FL
17] Penn State
18] Arizona
19] Oklahoma State
20] Wisconsin
21] Oregon State
22] Virginia Tech
23] West Virginia
24] Brigham Young
25] Clemson

I haven't punished Iowa, Oregon or LSU that much pretty much because of the teams above them, for instance Utah, USC and Ohio State. Oregon beat Utah and USC, and USC beat Ohio State so that's got to count for something. Houston didn't climb that much, but that's based on winning on the last second and with Ohio State having an impressive win.

The top 3 are as they were as really, it doesn't matter where you place them, it'll all be decided in Atlanta with the SEC Championship Game between Florida and Bama'.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 9:57 am

BCS Standings - November 9

1] Florida
2] Alabama
3] Texas
4] TCU
5] Cincinnati
6] Boise State
7] Georgia Tech
8] LSU
9] USC
10] Iowa
11] Ohio State
12] Pittsburgh
13] Oregon
14] Miami FL
15] Houston
16] Utah
17] Arizona
18] Penn State
19] Oklahoma State
20] Wisconsin
21] Virginia Tech
22] BYU
23] Oregon State
24] South Florida
25] West Virginia

Must say the top 7 I'm not surprised at all. But from 8-13 I am very surprised. How Oregon can be behind USC after they bet them last week, and also Ohio State who USC beat is beyond me. Also, LSU moving from 9 to 8 even after losing to Bama'.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:34 pm

First Stanford thumps my Ducks, now your Trojans Kitch. It was a massive day of PAC-10 football, with Oregon winning easily over Arizona State, Stanford thumping USC in LA, CAL getting over Arizona and Oregon State rolling on with a win over Washington.

Now the PAC-10 title race gets even more interesting. Oregon is 7-1 in PAC-10 play, Stanford is second at 6-2, Oregon State third at 5-2, and Arizona fourth at 4-2. Next weekend though, Oregon travels to Arizona, and a win for Arizona would give the Ducks two losses, and give Arizona the lead in the PAC-10 race. Also, CAL travels to Stanford and Oregon State is at Washington State.

In other games, the Top 8 teams all won, but Cincinnati had a very close 24-21 win over West Virginia yesterday.

Also, Ohio State clinched the Big Ten Title with an OT win over Iowa 27-24.

Looking forward to the latest BCS Rankings coming out tomorrow, Stanford will definitely be in the Top 25, and hopefully my Ducks can sneak back into the Top 10.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:17 pm

One of my friends in Connecticut made a Facebook status about the shellacking that USC copped from Stanford, it was lulzy:

"So, with USC's 30 point loss to an unranked opponent today... how far do they move up? Did they perhaps clinch a spot in the Rose Bowl? Gotta love the BCS!"
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:08 am

BCS Rankings: 16/11

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. TCU
5. Cincinnati
6. Boise State
7. Georgia Tech
8. LSU
9. Pittsburgh
10. Ohio State
11. Oregon
12. Oklahoma State
13. Iowa
14. Penn State
15. Virginia Tech
16. Wisconsin
17. Stanford
18. USC
19. Oregon State
20. Miami (FL)
21. Utah
22. BYU
23. Clemson
24. Houston
25. California
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 11:59 am

OK, here's how I want things to play out:

- Texas lose a game, bye-bye.
- Alabama beat Florida. Tebowned, motherfuckers!
- TCU remain undefeated and ghost into the national title game, facing Alabama.
- The twats who run the BCS get butthurt; momentum for a playoff system snowballs.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:08 pm

On the rankings, no surprises with the top 8. After that they're are a few including for me, Penn State and Virginia Tech being up so high. I feel a teams like Stanford and Oregon State should be even higher and Arizona gone from the top 25 after losing in the last couple of minutes against a solid CAL team is a bit of a surprise. Houston and Utah dropping so much as well is quite surprising.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:09 pm

Kvltism wrote:
OK, here's how I want things to play out:

- Texas lose a game, bye-bye.
- Alabama beat Florida. Tebowned, motherfuckers!
- TCU remain undefeated and ghost into the national title game, facing Alabama.
- The twats who run the BCS get butthurt; momentum for a playoff system snowballs.

I agree with three of your four points, but I'd prefer a Texas vs. TCU National Championship Game as unlikely as that will be. I'm a huge Colt McCoy fan, and I think he deserves it after the Longhorns were overlooked for the 09' Championship Game.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 2:12 pm

Well tomorrow is the day that one of my Oregon Ducks or the Arizona Wildcats fate will be finally known. The game is at Arizona, and is LIVE on ESPN HD, while on ESPN Standard, it's Kansas vs. Texas.

If the Ducks win at Arizona, and Oregon State can beat Washington State away, then on December 4th at Autzen Stadium, the Ducks and Beavers Civil War game will decide who goes to the Rose Bowl.

If Arizona wins tomorrow, then the Ducks are out if Stanford can take care of CAL at home. Also, that would mean that Arizona would also have to beat Arizona State and USC in their final two games to take the PAC-10 title.

Plenty on the line tomorrow in Arizona, going to be huge. Go Ducks!!
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Should be a really good game. The Pac-10 has been a fantastic conference this year, finally getting some of the credit it deserves too. It's been so much more fun without just having USC running the table as they usually do.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 2:35 pm

Kvltism wrote:
Should be a really good game. The Pac-10 has been a fantastic conference this year, finally getting some of the credit it deserves too. It's been so much more fun without just having USC running the table as they usually do.

Yeah it's been a fantastic year for PAC-10 football. People have actually taken notice of it this season and with reason, at last it isn't USC dominating. There's five teams that can still win the PAC-10 in Oregon, Stanford, Arizona, Oregon State and CAL. USC still have hope, but it's very slight. I'd say on this season alone, the PAC-10 is the strongest overall Conference.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:45 am

Well what an absolutely amazing game in Arizona this afternoon. My Ducks coming back from 24-14 at 3QT and 31-24 on the last drive of the game to take it 44-41 in 2OT. Truly, one of the games of the College Football season.

What it means is that Arizona are gone, and with the Beavers getting up 42-10 over Washington State, it's going to come down to the Civil War game in Eugene to decide who will face Ohio State in Pasadena.

We were extremely lucky today, but the great man Jeremiah Masoli was brilliant, and we somehow got the win.

Unfortunately, I had to follow the game on ESPN Gamecast, as ESPN wouldn't switch the game over even in the dying minutes, and stuck it out with Texas beating Kansas 51-20.

Ah well, go you Ducks!!!
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:50 am

The biggest story of the day was Notre Dame getting beaten by Connecticut. One of my mates, a mad Huskies fan, reacted as follows: "so... did Notre Dame earn themselves a place in the top 10? Gotta love the BCS."

By the way, I've put money on Mark Ingram to win the Heisman.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:09 am

Kvltism wrote:
The biggest story of the day was Notre Dame getting beaten by Connecticut. One of my mates, a mad Huskies fan, reacted as follows: "so... did Notre Dame earn themselves a place in the top 10? Gotta love the BCS."

By the way, I've put money on Mark Ingram to win the Heisman.

Yeah another loss for the Irish. Weis surely will be gone at the end of the season.

On the Heisman, I still think watch out for McCoy. He threw for 4 TD's today, but yes, Ingram would be the hot favorite.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:34 am

Here's what I think the latest BCS Rankings should look like:

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. TCU
5. Cincinnati
6. Boise State
7. Georgia Tech
8. Ohio State
9. Oregon
10. Pittsburgh
11. Iowa
12. Oklahoma State
13. Penn State
14. LSU
15. Virginia Tech
16. Oregon State
17. Clemson
18. Miami
19. CAL
20. BYU
21. Utah
22. Houston
23. Mississippi
24. North Carolina
25. Northwestern

Wow, that was really tough for me after the top 13. From probably 16 down, you could make a case for anybody to be anywhere from 16-25.

Obviously, the big omission is USC. I just feel that after losing two of their past three, and their only win being a close win against a poor Arizona State team, plus having a bye this week, that they didn't deserve to be ranked this week.

Stanford and Wisconsin are also out of the top 25 for mine. CAL is pretty much a straight swap for Stanford, and Northwestern, after beating Iowa two weeks ago and now Wisconsin, deserve to be ranked.

Also, North Carolina got another impressive win away to Boston College, therefore justifying their No.24 ranking for me.

And Mississippi with the 25-23 win over LSU, well that got them in the top 25 as well.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:24 pm

Here are the highlights of what was an amazing game between Oregon and Arizona. Some of the plays from Masoli, James and Maehl were simply awesome. What a win.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:27 pm

Oregon have certainly had some cliffhanger finishes this season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College Football Thread
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com