Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

College Football Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

College Football Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:37 am

BCS Rankings - November 22nd

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. TCU
5. Cincinnati
6. Boise State
7. Georgia Tech
8. Oregon
9. Pittsburgh
10. Ohio State
11. Iowa
12. Oklahoma State
13. Penn State
14. Virginia Tech
15. LSU
16. Oregon State
17. Miami FL
18. Clemson
19. BYU
20. USC
21. Utah
22. CAL
23. Houston
24. North Carolina
25. Mississippi
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 10:00 am

I watched a bit of the Texas/Texas A&M game today. Is defence not as big in college or was it just a freak score? Pretty exciting though lol. That Mccoy is a star too
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:58 pm

a_F_c wrote:
I watched a bit of the Texas/Texas A&M game today. Is defence not as big in college or was it just a freak score? Pretty exciting though lol. That Mccoy is a star too

College Football is a lot more high scoring and offensive orientated than the NFL. And yes, McCoy is a star, he's a Heisman candidate. Too bad I had work all day so missed the game.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:49 pm

Looking forward to the new BCS Rankings tomorrow.

Should be good after a crazy weekend of results.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:42 am

BCS Rankings - November 29th

1. Florida (12-0)
2. Alabama (12-0)
3. Texas (12-0)
4. TCU (12-0)
5. Cincinnati (11-0)
6. Boise State (12-0)
7. Oregon (9-2)
8. Ohio State (10-2)
9. Iowa (10-2)
10. Georgia Tech (10-2)
11. Penn State (10-2)
12. Virginia Tech (9-3)
13. LSU (9-3)
14. Brigham Young (10-2)
15. Pittsburgh (9-2)
16. Oregon State (8-3)
17. Miami, Fla. (9-3)
18. USC (8-3)
19. California (8-3)
20. Oklahoma State (9-3)
21. Houston (10-2)
22. Nebraska (9-3)
23. West Virginia (8-3)
24. Stanford (8-4)
25. Utah (9-3)

To be honest, can't really complain with the BCS Rankings. The top 11 for mine are just about spot on. Very happy to see my Ducks are 7th. I don't think we can go any higher, even if we beat Oregon State on Friday afternoon, but here's to hoping.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:30 am

Well, what a massive day it was today. It was the Civil War between Oregon and Oregon State.

The winner was heading to the Rose Bowl to face the Ohio State Buckeyes and what a game it was, with my Ducks prevailing 37-33 in an absolute thriller.

Didn't get home until the 4th Q and followed it on ESPN Gameday as I don't have ESPN HD, but the replay is tonight, and I encourage all to watch it.

Go Ducks!!!
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:35 am

College Football Thread - Page 4 1259910381

GO DUCKS!!!
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:08 am

Well, what a massive day it was of College Football. In the SEC Championship Game, Alabama accounted for Florida 32-13 to send the Crimson Tide into the National Championship Game.

They should meet the Texas Longhorns, who won by the skin of their teeth beating Nebraska 13-12, thanks to a field goal with one second left.

In the ACC Championship Game, Georgia Tech defeated Clemson 39-34, while in the Big East Championship Game, Cincinnati remained undefeated with a 45-44 win over Pittsburgh.

Yet again, another amazing day of College Football.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:51 pm

Well, after an action packed day of College Football, here's what ESPN and BCS Formula Expert Brad Edwards has projected for the Bowl Match-Ups.

Bowl Match-Up:

BCS National Championship Game - Alabama vs. Texas
Rose Bowl - Oregon vs. Ohio State
Fiesta Bowl - TCU vs. Boise State
Orange Bowl - Georgia Tech vs. Iowa
Sugar Bowl - Florida vs. Cincinnati

Must say, apart from the Rose Bowl where obviously that what I'm most interested in, but apart from that, the game to me that really sticks out is the Fiesta Bowl between TCU and Boise State. Both undefeated from Non-BCS Conferences, that should be a cracker.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 4:59 pm

Doesn't that Fiesta Bowl draw seem a little... like a "back of the bus" move? It certainly would not send a very encouraging message to those teams residing outside of the dozen or so who get the most favourable treatment.

Assuming that Edwards' prediction comes true, I would be supporting Alabama, Oregon, TCU, Georgia Tech and Cincinnati.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:12 pm

Kvltism wrote:
Doesn't that Fiesta Bowl draw seem a little... like a "back of the bus" move? It certainly would not send a very encouraging message to those teams residing outside of the dozen or so who get the most favourable treatment.

Assuming that Edwards' prediction comes true, I would be supporting Alabama, Oregon, TCU, Georgia Tech and Cincinnati.

I'm the same, except I'll be going for Texas being the big Colt McCoy fan I am.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:39 pm

Really good article by Dan Wetzel from Yahoo! Sports.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=AkL0EQtg3u0pbuI3c_7ZAlgcvrYF?slug=dw-ncaafplayoff120709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Give it a read folks, makes for interesting reading although a lot of it is what we already know.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:41 am

Watched Army vs Navy this morning wow at the Navy QB!
Back to top Go down
1968vet
Professional
1968vet

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Cheer, cheer for old Notre Dame.
Back to top Go down
Shanbon
Guru
Shanbon

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:08 am

How good is todays game?

Bowling Green score to take the lead with 33seconds left. Miracle play by Idaho and they have 8 sec to score from 11yrds. They score! down by 1 point they elect to go for the 2 and win.
Back to top Go down
Shanbon
Guru
Shanbon

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:09 am

And they get it! 4sec to go lead 43-42
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 6:04 am

In the Holiday Bowl yesterday, Nebraska smashed Arizona 33-0.
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:59 am

I'm gonna get into College Football. (Even though it's almost over Razz)
I will watch a few games today, the Sooners/Cardinal & Bearcats/Gators matches.

I have followed it a little for a while but never picked a College to follow.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 3:34 am

Rose Bowl Final: Ohio State 26-17 Oregon

Ohio State, lead by Pryor were just too good today. Masoli just couldn't get into a rhythm either and the Buckeye D today was brilliant. There's a reason no team has put more than 27pts past that Ohio State team, they're a very good team.

As for Oregon, well I really thought when we took the lead in the 3rd Q that we might be able to push on, but Blount's fumble at 19-17 to me was the real turning point.

Still, in the end a great season for the Oregon Ducks, and with most of the team returning for next season, I see us destined for the 2011 Rose Bowl.
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 3:44 am

Sugarbowl is going to getunderway soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 4:14 am

DaneSwan#36 wrote:
Sugarbowl is going to getunderway soon.

It's the Sugar Bowl and it's shit anyway. Rose Bowl and National Championship Game are the only important ones. And also that TCU vs. Boise State game.

The gloss has been taken off the Cincinnati vs. Florida game with the Bearcats Coach going to Notre Dame, and Urban Meyer quitting then coming back and so on.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 4:58 am

Cincinatti really showing everyone the pretenders they are. Down 23-0 with 6 mins to go in the half.
Back to top Go down
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 5:54 am

I watched the Rosebowl today
Oklahoma won i forget the other team College Football Thread - Page 4 48427
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 6:16 am

Oklahoma played Stanford, that wasn't the Rose Bowl lol.
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 6:38 am

haha Ablett29 Oklahoma won the Sun Bowl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread   College Football Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College Football Thread
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com