Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Tri-Nations Form XV

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

Tri-Nations Form XV Empty
PostSubject: Tri-Nations Form XV   Tri-Nations Form XV Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:32 am

So we're almost done with the Tri-Nations, who would people pick as the FORM XV - emphasis on form, not on reputation.

For me...

1. Woodcock - little competition from either camp. Humiliated Baxter and gave Smit a good working over.
2. Du Plessis - Hore was out of form and Moore's just sh!t. Du Plessis is a quality player though, good enough to push Smit out to prop...
3. Mtawrira (can never spell it right...) - again with little competition, but throws his weight around in more ways than one.
4. Botha - closely followed by Thorn, but Botha has just been that much more dominant, albeit in a largely dominant squad.
5. Matfield - leagues ahead of the rest.
6. Brussouw - OK so technically he's an openside but this is the only way I can put both him and McCaw in the same XV. As for the man himself - let's put it this wasy: Burger who?
7. McCaw - is a way off his best but still makes the team for 2 reasons - his leadership and onfield persona, and the fact that the likes of Smith and Smith (George and John) aren't playing to full potential either. Both could push for the spot though...
8. Spies - hasn't reached the form heights he scaled in the Super 14, but like McCaw - makes the squad because the alternatives (Richard Brown, Rodney So'oialo and Keiran Read) aren't hitting form either.
9. Du Preez - any arguments...no?...didn't think so Very Happy
10. M. Steyn - now this could be contentious...when you have the likes of Giteau, Carter, and Pienaar all contesting as well. But where they have all dropped in form (or only played 1 game in Carter's case - but THAT drop goal puts him out of real contention Smile) Steyn has been consistent every since he got a shot.
11. Turner - the only Aussie I'm putting in the team. Due to Pieterson and Sivivatu both blipping along the way, while Turner has been trying, trying, trying the whole time.
12. Nonu - I'm a HUGE Jean de Villiers fan, but he's been out for a couple of games with injury, as has Barnes (who I think's a tosser). While Nonu has been there the whole time and played well under the circumstances - it's no coincidence that opposition backline plans involve the strategy "nullify nonu".
13. C. Smith - has been arguably the ABs best back player all season and his injury is a big blow. Superb solo try in SA and did everything asked of him and more. Boks have chopped and changed their midfield, while Mortlock has been injured and AAC is a twat.
14. Habana - absolute workhorse. His kickoff chases and hits on Mealamu (like 3 in a row) were so incredible I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
15. F. Steyn - another case of "who's left?". Muliaina is well off his best this season and, as state above, AAC is a twat. O'Connor only had 1 or 2 games there and was average at best, while Pienaar had 1 - albeit good - game.

So thoughts? Other teams?
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Form XV   Tri-Nations Form XV Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:48 am

Definitely disagree with Conrad Smith, Jacque Fourie is who I'd pick.

I'd also be inclined to choose Barnes and AAC, Nonu hasn't done that spectacular, and when Barnes wasn't injured I reckon he was their standout back along with AAC.

I'd also take George Smith instead of Spies. Spies has been very quiet and although Smith has only played one game at 8, he went very well, also would be up there in the top 2 aussie forwards for the the when he was in 7.

Here's mine
1. woodcock
2. du plessis
3. mtawirra (even though he is a 1 not 3)
4. matfield
5. botha
6. brussouw (standout player in tri-nations so far)
7. mccaw
8. g smith
9. du preez
10. m steyn
11. sivi (reckon he has been pretty dangerous, and hunts for the ball, doesnt just sit back and wait for it like other wingers)
12. barnes
13. fourie
14. habana
15. AAC (also because he performed well in the centers)

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
CM_STEELERS
Professional
CM_STEELERS

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Form XV   Tri-Nations Form XV Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:52 am

conrad is mud this year. i would put nonu and fourie in the centres with barnes just missing out. ashleycooper at fullback because of last weekend and no arguments with the halves/wings.
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Form XV   Tri-Nations Form XV Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:58 am

Would take Franks over Mtawirra any day as he is actually a tighthead! I agree with Pantherus that Conrad was the best AB back up until his injury, was playing brilliantly
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Form XV   Tri-Nations Form XV Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 7:02 am

conrad has had nothing on fourie this tri-nations, fourie has been in awesome form and has added well needed spark to that boks backline, he is one of the only ones giving it a run and not continuosly kicking it. Conrad has played one or two good game for the ABs this Tri-Nations, Fourie has played atleast 3 good games for the Boks.

Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Form XV   Tri-Nations Form XV Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 7:04 am

TBH I had forgotten about Fourie Smile And thought Beast was a Tighthead...Sad
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
CM_STEELERS
Professional
CM_STEELERS

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Form XV   Tri-Nations Form XV Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 7:09 am

i have to agree with hendo, im a nzer and i can only remember 1 good game conrad had while i can remember a couple of the games fourie played.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Form XV   Tri-Nations Form XV Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 7:09 am

haha, fair enough. Jacque Fourie has played in all the games for Boks, and has only subbed off once, and that was in the 78th minute of their 2nd game against the ABs. He's been playing so well they've even subbed off De Villiers to let Jacobs get a run.

Back to top Go down
CM_STEELERS
Professional
CM_STEELERS

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Form XV   Tri-Nations Form XV Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 7:17 am

thought i may as well make a form 15 like the rest of you guys haha

1. woodcock
2. du plessis
3. who cares no other prop is playing great atm, smit? mtawirra?
4. botha
5. matfield
6. brussouw
7. mccaw
8. spies/g smith
9. du preez
10. steyn
11. sivivatu
12. nonu
13. fourie
14. habana
15. ashleycooper