Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Carl haymen returning home

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

Carl haymen returning home Empty
PostSubject: Carl haymen returning home   Carl haymen returning home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 3:59 am

I have been hearing on the radio this afternoon that carl haymen has had enough in Newcastle and will be returning to NZ at the end of the english season.

He is widely tipped to join Taranaki which would also make him eligable for the Hurricanes, if this happened it would give the Hurricanes a great front row maybe even the best in world rugby currently.

Tialata - Hore - Haymen
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: Carl haymen returning home   Carl haymen returning home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 4:02 am

Is this official?? Will Newcastle release him?? IMO he should go back to Otage and team up with McIntosh, would be a good combination.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Carl haymen returning home   Carl haymen returning home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 4:09 am

It's all rumours at this stage.

Taranaki have put their hands up to offer him a position, though I imagine Otago would have a good shot at getting him back, IF Newcastle lets him go, which isn't guaranteed by any stretch...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Carl haymen returning home   Carl haymen returning home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 4:16 am

Yeah it is only rumours but apparantly the taranaki bit has come from him. I think he has his eye on a farm there.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Carl haymen returning home   Carl haymen returning home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 4:49 am

Well he was originally from there before moving down south.

The Hurricanes front row of Tialata-Hore-Hayman does have a damn nice sound to it Very Happy

Schwalger's been a bit player for far too long. Jacob Ellison needs a leg up cause he's got awesome potential.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Carl haymen returning home   Carl haymen returning home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:30 am

Yeah well Hayman would be a great player to learn from.
Back to top Go down
BlackCaps
Guru
BlackCaps

PostSubject: Re: Carl haymen returning home   Carl haymen returning home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:34 am

Good to Hear Hayman returning home
Back to top Go down
Boomer
Guru
Boomer

PostSubject: Re: Carl haymen returning home   Carl haymen returning home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:46 am

This is great news if true. One of my favourite players
Back to top Go down
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

PostSubject: Re: Carl haymen returning home   Carl haymen returning home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:31 am

I believe that he will return down south for otago, they must have some cash to chuck around
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Carl haymen returning home   Carl haymen returning home Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:20 am

Will be good to get the big man back, especially from an AB perspective.

When he left there were murmurs that the AB scrum would struggle but Woody has really stood tall this year and proven himself one of the best, if not the best, looseheads in world rugby. (I wonder what Andrew Blades now thinks of the "myth"?)

So with the return of the worlds best tighthead and lineout lifter, its looking good for the AB setpiece leading into the next WC.
Back to top Go down
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

PostSubject: Re: Carl haymen returning home   Carl haymen returning home Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:33 am

Yeah he will return home for sure. No information has said he has signed with nz rugby? Even if he comes back i cant see him playing in the 2011 world cup. He is a bit to old is he???
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Carl haymen returning home   Carl haymen returning home Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:42 am

SportsLegend wrote:
Yeah he will return home for sure. No information has said he has signed with nz rugby? Even if he comes back i cant see him playing in the 2011 world cup. He is a bit to old is he???

He'll turn 32 just after the tournament ends. For a prop, he's actually just coming into his prime right now. 2011 could well see him at his peak. Likewise with Woody, who will be 30 at the WC.
Back to top Go down
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

PostSubject: Re: Carl haymen returning home   Carl haymen returning home Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:55 am

Well wee will surely have the oldest team at the world cup it sounds like. Dont you know if he was going good over in newcastle? whats the reason for him returning home if he does so???
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Carl haymen returning home   Carl haymen returning home Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 4:27 am

SportsLegend wrote:
Well wee will surely have the oldest team at the world cup it sounds like. Dont you know if he was going good over in newcastle? whats the reason for him returning home if he does so???

Looks to be a dispute over part of his contract payments - image rights payments from Newcastles main sponsor, Northern Rock.

I read somewhere that of his overall contract value of roughly NZ$900k per year, up to a third of it is based on image rights payments so its obviously a fair chunk of his earnings he could potentially lose.

So its pretty similar to why Gasnier left the NRL and why Giteau is looking at leaving the Force.
Back to top Go down
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

PostSubject: Re: Carl haymen returning home   Carl haymen returning home Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 4:36 am

Yeah that is why a lot of rugby league players are leaving to play rugby. I am sure that money is the key, i bet if we asked them they would all say it was the money the made up their mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carl haymen returning home   Carl haymen returning home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carl haymen returning home
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com