Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Empty
PostSubject: Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.   Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 5:20 am

Just looking at the field for each team and their recruitment for 2009 and possible exits of key players, I have narrowed these three teams down as being in-ept and in big danger of getting behind big-time in terms of a playing roster, depth and experience within the next 2-3 years. Teams need to build a foundation of experience to give local junior talent the right development they need to build into a top-class footballer. So teams with lots of local talent can be some-what wasted if there isn't experience and key players there to mentor and set the stage for them.

Here are brief notes on the three sides and what they are lacking:

Panthers- The Panthers side made a in-excusable blunder letting four experienced players go and Craig Gower over the last two seasons to gamble on potential. Jarrod Sammut has not lived up to his expectations at all and Craig Trindall and Joe Williams both fled to the Bulldogs for a Second Chance. Luke Lewis primary a centre or winger was forced to play halfback after Elliot realised McCrone or Sammut were both not ready for the call-up. Once Lewis stringed three good performances together but showed for the rest of the season he was out of his depth and lacked experience when it counted in must win games. Petero Civoniceva is a shining light in this side, However he is more than likely retire or go to the ESL after this season is completed. Wade Graham a kid with a big future has no quality halfback to mentor off, as a combination there is little to no experience as a combination and in a brainstorm session. Michael Jennings is one of the biggest rising stars in the comp but with no halves to lay a platform for him, Gordon & Coote to give them the ability to be on the end of signature plays. I think Jennings will be limited in what he does this year.

Summary- Panthers have no halves and a limited forward pack when it comes to quality, one top player is pretty much guiding the other forwards around, Civoniceva is top quality but he is no superman. After Civoniceva quits at the end of this year. There is no platform laid in the forwards and potentially still no halves.
----------
Parramatta and Wests Tigers Summaries will be posted later.

Parramatta a very in-consistent side with star power that fails to deliver & The Wests Tigers with their two biggest stars most likely leaving the club.

All Three failed to convert in the transfer season.
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.   Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 5:33 am

For some reason i tend to disagree with you there. IMO Panthers have got to be 1 of the best for future talent, alot of potential come out of there lower ranks. Sammut will no doubt be a good player in the future, the 2008 season will only make him a better player if anything. Maybe in the forwards they may lack a little but if they recruit well they wont have a problem.
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.   Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 5:39 am

KromyD wrote:
For some reason i tend to disagree with you there. IMO Panthers have got to be 1 of the best for future talent, alot of potential come out of there lower ranks. Sammut will no doubt be a good player in the future, the 2008 season will only make him a better player if anything. Maybe in the forwards they may lack a little but if they recruit well they wont have a problem.

Luke Lewis was signed by us originally because he wanted back into the backline, I am sure Elliot would of played Sammut if he was even remotely ready or maybe worth a small gamble to be played to solute Lewis's problems and Solute the chance of him being at another club.

Future Talent ?, There is no platform laid at all. Very little experience at all. It's like a premier league side trying to compete at NRL level, It just won't work. They need experienced boys to guide the team around in key positions.

1. Lachlan Coote NO 6. Wade Graham NO 7. Luke Lewis NO 9. Masada Iosefa NO.

Civoniceva is the only leader in the entire team, and his job is to guide the forwards around not the backs, He wont be at the club next year most likely to do his job

Penrith need some purchases in the next year or two (something in the way of what the bulldogs did this year) to make sure the talent you are talking about are at a good welfare for there career.

and It's not looking good at all.
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.   Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 5:51 am

But im pretty sure Luke Lewis is playing with the Panthers next year, not the Rabbitohs. So thats enough of what could have been.

Who says experience players "Need" to be there to guide younger guys around?? Can you answer me who Folau, Inglis, Cronk, Slater & even Smith played with that had what you call "experience"?? Not many. The thing that made these guys big names is the fact they have talent. Coote, Graham, Iosefa ALL have talent and will all be better players in years to come.

I totally agree with you that they lack leadership in the team, and Civoniceva is the only 1 they have. But Penrith are not dumb, and will recruit in years to come.
Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.   Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:34 am

I dont think para are a bad side they just need somone to fire them up and get them playing to there potential, Maybe Anderson could be the man to do that.

The tigers are screwed with or without marshall and farah they will be wooden spooners.

Penrith im still not sure about they look like a club with good juniors coming through and that is the best recruitment policy there is they maybe in the bottom four next year but if the youngsters start learning they could be a top eight force in 2010. I wouldnt write them off just yet.
Back to top Go down
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

PostSubject: Re: Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.   Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:25 am

Panthers are a no show, they will get wooden spoon. No great players in there to except civo and he is getting to old. There you players played this year and havent showed anything.
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.   Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 10:54 am

KromyD wrote:
But im pretty sure Luke Lewis is playing with the Panthers next year, not the Rabbitohs. So thats enough of what could have been.

Who says experience players "Need" to be there to guide younger guys around?? Can you answer me who Folau, Inglis, Cronk, Slater & even Smith played with that had what you call "experience"?? Not many. The thing that made these guys big names is the fact they have talent. Coote, Graham, Iosefa ALL have talent and will all be better players in years to come.

I totally agree with you that they lack leadership in the team, and Civoniceva is the only 1 they have. But Penrith are not dumb, and will recruit in years to come.

It's strikepower. strikepower = experience. But they will struggle unless they use Civo's money wisely for the 2010 season.
Back to top Go down
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

PostSubject: Re: Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.   Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:42 am

Yeah civo's money needs to be used wisely, surely they have heaps of cash atm?
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.   Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:33 am

The Grass is Greener in my Backyard . Go The Panthers Wiping Their Ass With the Rabbit Shocked
Back to top Go down
Shanbon
Guru
Shanbon

PostSubject: Re: Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.   Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:45 am

You start by talking about where these sides will be in 2-3 years but then base everything on how they will preform next year, it makes no sense.

The Panthers may struggle at times next year but if you have played 08 and 09 then come 10 and 11 you will have 50 1st grade games and enough experience to push onto the next level. So are you still saying these 3 teams will be crap in 3 years with no experience? I will be interested in what you come up with for the Eels as they have expereince, youth and talaent blended in a core group that should still be together in 3 years its now down to the coach getting the best out of them and playing the right tactics to those strenghts.

Also remember when forcasting ahead, Panthers 04 Tigers 06 Manly 07(even though didnt win) Canberra 08, all these teams were as you say young inexperinced with only 1 or 2 older guys yet made a hughe impact on the comp.

My point of view would be Parra and Penrith are the best sides poised to challange in 3 years, based on the fact that their young guys will continue to get experience while the older guys and overpaid guys come off contract they can recruit in the areas needed.
Back to top Go down
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

PostSubject: Re: Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.   Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:11 am

Panthers arent good imo, the no names or to old players in their side.

I think we could add the doggies to that list, have struggled last year so much. I think they will improve this year by a lot. With big recruitments especially from the broncos. They are surely going to put pressure on some contenders. My pick for them possibly 8th or 7th place.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.   Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 4:08 pm

ive been looking through these old threads and now in hindsight its interesting to look back on them and some of the rubbish that we have all said hahaha

i did like this thread though. it just shows how unpredictable the NRL can be haha
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

PostSubject: Re: Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.   Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 4:15 am

haha nice dig, just goes to prove dd doesn't know his shit. Penrith tigers and Parra are all doing fairly well
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.   Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 4:25 am

Onya DB, a good find.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.   Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 5:46 am

Haha I was like 'wtf, thought he was leaving?'. Then I saw the date lol, still typical DD garbage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.   Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:17 am

a_F_c wrote:
Haha I was like 'wtf, thought he was leaving?'. Then I saw the date lol, still typical DD garbage.

same Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. 48427
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.   Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Penrith, Parramatta, Wests Tigers starting to lag behind.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com