Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Probables and Possibles

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Probables and Possibles Empty
PostSubject: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:40 am

Here is a thread to discuss the probable and possible All Blacks that will be on the end of year tour.

Fullbacks
No injury concerns for the Fullbacks

Probables: Mils Muliana & Corey Jane
Possibles: Israel Dagg & Tamati Ellison

Wings
Sivivatu will be back for the end of year tour but Masaga has been injured and is no chance.

Probables: Sitiveni Sivivatu, Corey Jane, Hosea Gear & Joe Rocokoco
Possibles: Zac Guilford & Renee Ranger

Centers
Toeava and Kahui are both injured and wont be back, but Conrad Smith and Luke McAlister will be good to go.

Probables: Ma'a Nonu, Conrad Smith & Luke McAlister
Possibles: Tamati Ellison, Anthony Tuitavake & Jason Shoemark

First Five
No injuries to worry about

Probables: Dan Carter, Luke McAlister & Stephen Donald
Possibles: Mike Delaney, Aaron Cruden & Colin Slade

Halfback
Piri Weepu should be back and ready.

Probables: Jimmy Cowan, Piri Weepu & Brendon Leaonard
Possibles: Alby Mathewson & Andy Ellis

Number 8
No injury concerns with the no.8s

Probables: Keiran Read & Rodney So'oialo
Possibles: Colin Bourke, Thomas Waldrom & Liam Messam

Flankers
No injury concerns for flankers

Probables: Richie McCaw, Adam Thomson & Jerome Kaino
Possibles: Liam Messam, Tanerau Latimer & Karl Lowe

Locks
Ali Williams is still out injured as is Bryn Evans

Probables: Brad Thorn, Jason Eaton & Tom Donnelly
Possibles: Isaac Ross

Props
No injuries for the big boys

Probables: Tony Woodcock, Owen Franks, John Afoa & Neemia Tialata
Possibles: Jamie Mackintosh, Wyatt Crockett & Ben Franks

Hookers
Keven Mealamu is still injured and won't be ready for the tour

Probables: Andrew Hore & Aled de Malmanche
Possibles: Hika Elliot

Is there anyone you think I've missed out? or is there someone I've mentioned you don't think should even be considered?

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"

Last edited by Hendo Maroon on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:56 am

I think Robbie Fruen is a possible for the tour!
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:12 pm

After Fruean's recent demotion he'd have to do a lot to be considered for that.

Hendo - how dare you put Andy Ellis in there?? Smile

And you were either referring to "Mike Delany" or "Stephen Brett" - rather than Brett Delany - do you think some hybrid will tour? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Maybe that was just a one off, hes been dominationg in the ANZC
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:03 pm

Pantherus wrote:
After Fruean's recent demotion he'd have to do a lot to be considered for that.

Hendo - how dare you put Andy Ellis in there?? Probables and Possibles Icon_smile

And you were either referring to "Mike Delany" or "Stephen Brett" - rather than Brett Delany - do you think some hybrid will tour? Probables and Possibles Icon_smile

Haha I really didn't want to write the name 'Andy Ellis' but I just didn't know who else to put in there, I tried not to be bias.

Probables and Possibles 48427 My bad on Mike Delaney, it was definitely mike who i was reffering too, not the previous most overrated player in NZ rugby.

Back to top Go down
noriyuki
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:29 pm

kevin o'neil for possibles???
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:24 pm

possibly nori. There are been so many Locks stepping up this Air NZ Cup. I reckon they'll probably stick with Donnely, Eaton and Thorn but will be looking for another, its really out of Ross (who I think is the better chance), O'Neil and Bekhuis.

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:56 pm

What about Boric. He is almost a certainty the way he has come back from injury
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:58 pm

ah yes, completely forgot about A.B. he will definitely be in there, been on form for Harbour

Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:09 am

This is the possible squad for the All Blacks end of year tour according to Stuff.co.nz

Possible squad:

Backs:
Mils Muliaina, Cory Jane, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Joe Rokocoko, Rudi Wulf, Hosea Gear, Tamati Ellison, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Luke McAlister, Daniel Carter, Stephen Donald, Jimmy Cowan, Piri Weepu, Brendon Leonard.

Forwards: Kieran Read, Rodney So'oialo, Richie McCaw (captain), George Whitelock, Adam Thomson, Jerome Kaino, Jason Eaton, Brad Thorn, Anthony Boric, Tom Donnelly, Owen Franks, John Afoa, Neemia Tialata, Wyatt Crockett, Tony Woodcock, Andrew Hore, Aled de Malmanche, Hika Elliott.

I am seriously wondering why Wulf is in their, when you've got Guilford and Ranger who have been in much better form

Also I reckon its time to bring an end to Donalds ABs career, would rather they took Mike Delaney, Colin Slade or even Aaron Cruden over him. Drop Cruden in their early so he is ready to take over the reigns once Carter moves to Europe, probably after the 2011 WC.

Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:08 am

Here is my 22
1. Woodcock
2. Hore
3. O. Franks
4. Donnelly (williams would be here if fit, Donnelly to bench)
5. Thorn
6. Thomson
7. McCaw
8. So'oialo
9. Cowan
10. Carter
11. H. Gear
12. Nonu
13. C. Smith
14. Jane
15. Muliana

16. Elliot (would consider Mealamu if fit, but still lean towards Hika)
17. Mackintosh
18. Boric
19. Lowe
20. Mathewson (Weepu if fit)
21. Delaney/Cruden
22. T. Ellison (would take Kahui/Toeava if fit)

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:48 am

Here is mine
1. Woodcock
2. Elliot
3. O. Franks
4. Donnelly
5. Boric
6. Read
7. McCaw
8. T. Waldrom
9. Cowan
10. Carter
11. Gear
12. Nonu
13. C. Smith
14. Guildford
15. Jane

16. Hore
17. Newland
18. Thorn
19. Bourke
20. Mathewson
21. Delaney
22. Ranger
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:52 am

haha I hope for the Magpies sake, Guilford, Waldrom, Newland and Elliot don't get selected.

Interesting side Chris, it will never happen though.

Need more versatile players in 22 and 19 I reckon.

Also surprised you've cut Thorn to the bench?

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:57 am

Thorn had avery mediocre outing last night, thoroughly unimpressed with how he responded when pressure went on. Ranger has been playing at centre a bit for Northland, Guildford or him could play fullback and Delany can cover inside. Possibly switch Bourke for Karl Lowe but I operate on the assumption that Richie is too tough to get injured and the other 3 can cover the other 2 positions
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:00 am

What do you think about Aaron Cruden? reckon now would be a good time to get him in the All Blacks? Carter I doubt will be around much longer after the WC, and reckon Cruden will be the one to fill the gap, just think a bit of test experience early in his career will pay off in the long run (wc '15)

Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:17 am

Taking Cruden before he's proven himself in the Super 14 would be a HUGE mistake.
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:21 am

Yea I dont think he is ready yet, especially when he has only played half of the Air NZ Cup due to injury. From what I have seen of them, I think Robbie Robinson could be a better player
Back to top Go down
Ruggerhead
Veteran
Ruggerhead

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:21 am

I think sivivatu is out of the tour. This would be my squad although still unsure on the props.

Backs: Mils Muliaina, Cory Jane, Zac Guildford, Joe Rokocoko, Rudi Wulf, Hosea Gear, Tamati Ellison, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Luke McAlister, Daniel Carter, Stephen Donald, Aaron Cruden, Jimmy Cowan, Alby Matthewson, Brendon Leonard.

Forwards: Kieran Read, Rodney So'oialo, Richie McCaw (captain), George Whitelock, Adam Thomson, Jerome Kaino, Jason Eaton, Brad Thorn, Anthony Boric, Tom Donnelly, Owen Franks, (John Afoa/Neemia Tialata), Wyatt Crockett, Tony Woodcock, Andrew Hore, Aled de Malmanche, Kevin Mealamu.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:45 am

Nah - Cruden and Robinson will become the new Carter / Evans pairing (respectively) with Robinson a more than capable fullback and also 1st 5 cover.
Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:48 am

Even if they took Cruden or Robinson i doubt he would get a game he'll just be there as cover and to get into the enviroment. The same with the third choice Halfback and Hooker. Unless there are injuries of course.
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:52 am

The third halfback is likely to get a go, they gave Leonard one in SA even when he wasnt up to it
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:56 am

Well the current order of halfbacks is Cowan - Weepu - Leonard - Mathewson; Mathewson has a shot to usurp Leonard if he goes on tour.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 4:05 am

Mathewson should be ranked 2nd half back (well third if Weepu was fit)

If I was to whip up a overrated XV Leaonard would be captain (well co-captain with Stephen Brett, Andy Ellis would take a bench spot)

Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 4:18 am

Oh I agree - but that's the way it stands currently.
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:02 am

Pantherus wrote:
Taking Cruden before he's proven himself in the Super 14 would be a HUGE mistake.

Agree on that one. He has plenty of potential but I think we're forgetting that most of the raps he is getting is based on his strong showing at the U20 WC, which is obviously a long way from S14 or test level.

Hopefully Cooper picks him as the Canes starting 10 and then perseveres for the whole tournament. Playing outside Weepu and alongside Nonu & Smith would be a very solid introduction to top level footy.

I'd hate to see the AB's make the same mistake with Cruden that Deans has made with O'Connor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Probables and Possibles   Probables and Possibles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Probables and Possibles
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com