Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

4-0: contenders and pretenders?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

4-0: contenders and pretenders? Empty
PostSubject: 4-0: contenders and pretenders?   4-0: contenders and pretenders? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:52 am

So we're a quarter through the regular season with the Colts, Vikings, Giants, Broncos and Saints unbeaten. Which teams do you think are the pretenders and the contenders for the superbowl?

Which teams do you think can emerge from slow starts of 2-2 and lower?
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: 4-0: contenders and pretenders?   4-0: contenders and pretenders? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:54 am

i wouldnt have picked the broncos to do so well with out cutler.

this is gonna sound bias but i believe the steelers can bring it back. we just need polamalu in our secondary and we will look much better. we are having problems with finishing and the 2 we lost werent by much.

im also liking the look of the bears atm. they have become my second favourite team Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: 4-0: contenders and pretenders?   4-0: contenders and pretenders? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:57 am

indy have looked pretty good so far...although there hasnt been too many tough tests over the 4 games u have to play wat is in front of u and weve been doing that quite well imo

denver surprised me, i dont think they can keep it up all the way to the end but theyll defs be in the mix come christmas imo. the vikings were pretty impressive today and will also be there or thereabouts imo. the saints have impressed me too, they are scoring points for fun and with brees in this sort of form who knows?

obviously ud have to think the pats and steelers will pick up some form over the next few weeks
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: 4-0: contenders and pretenders?   4-0: contenders and pretenders? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:09 am

I really think this is the year for the Colts. Peyton is healthy and having no signs of ageing while our defense is going well with a few injuries. We shut-out the Cards, who were terrible that night, but the Jags, Hawks and Dolphins aren't really tests.

IMO, the saints are the real deal, they've always had the offense with Brees, Bush, Thomas and Colston while their defense has struggled. They addressed the defensive issues on the off-season with Sharper and Morgan and they are winning games on both sides of the ball.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: 4-0: contenders and pretenders?   4-0: contenders and pretenders? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:30 am

Our next 4 games are
@ Tennessee
Bye
@ St Louis
vs Niners
vs Houston
vs Patriots

We should beat the Titans the way they are going, the Rams are useless and then 3 home games in a row, we could be 8-0 going into that huge one vs the Pats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: 4-0: contenders and pretenders?   4-0: contenders and pretenders? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:37 am

Tenessee have nothing, St Louis are worse. The niners will test us with their pretty good D, but nothing beats Peyton and the Texans are too hot and cold to beat a top team. Im pretty sure the Pats game is on SNF so it should be as big as it was 2 years ago when it was 7-0 V 8-0.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: 4-0: contenders and pretenders?   4-0: contenders and pretenders? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:44 am

Pretender: Giants..

i just don't think they are superbowl worthy, all it takes is Eli to go down and thats it..the colts have a good defence..i personally think the giants are pretenders

Saints look like superbowl contenders to be honest
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: 4-0: contenders and pretenders?   4-0: contenders and pretenders? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:12 am

Hank Moody wrote:

i just don't think they are superbowl worthy, all it takes is Eli to go down and thats it..the colts have a good defence..i personally think the giants are pretenders

If any teams QB goes down they are no chance of winning the superbowl.
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: 4-0: contenders and pretenders?   4-0: contenders and pretenders? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:35 am

giants havent even played anyone thus far so im still not sold on them. as for who are the real deal regardless of whether they have lost or not.
saints, eagles, min and sf are my picks from nfc.
colts, ravens, patriots, and il say broncos because of the way the defence is playing in the afc.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: 4-0: contenders and pretenders?   4-0: contenders and pretenders? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:44 am

Josh McDaniels looks to be a really good coach. He's turned that terrible defense around and disciplined players like Brandon Marshall. Having a 4-0 start in the AFC West will almost win you that division. The Broncos could go 9-7 and easily make the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: 4-0: contenders and pretenders?   4-0: contenders and pretenders? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 6:05 am

Manning18 wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:

miami did alright with a new QB...not superbowl worthy but wins none the less
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: 4-0: contenders and pretenders?   4-0: contenders and pretenders? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 8:00 am

Hank Moody wrote:
Manning18 wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:

miami did alright with a new QB...not superbowl worthy but wins none the less

it was henne wasnt it?? he was going to get the starting spot a couple of years ago but they were able to get pennington off the jets

henne is a decent QB and will be able to lead the dolphins around just as well as pennington
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: 4-0: contenders and pretenders?   4-0: contenders and pretenders? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:34 pm

I'm sure some of you would like to see Eli Manning suit up against Oakland and get crumpled by a big lad like Seymour or Kelly.

Henne > Pennington, he allows the Dolphins to open up the playbook a bit more.

Out of those undefeated teams, the Saints look the best with the Colts a close second.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: 4-0: contenders and pretenders?   4-0: contenders and pretenders? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:30 pm

Henne actually has an arm on him but doesent have the accuracy of pennington.
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: 4-0: contenders and pretenders?   4-0: contenders and pretenders? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:56 pm

I have not watched heaps, but by what I have seen it looks like the Colts are going to be contenders. But you can't really judge it perfectly, this early on.

I am hoping the Steelers can get going.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4-0: contenders and pretenders?   4-0: contenders and pretenders? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4-0: contenders and pretenders?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com