Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General Football Chat

Go down 
+41
Brenton
TealDevils
The Tank
Cats11
Saints#1
Craig Foster
Danger32
Damo
Tank
Enforcer
Crows-36
philly
neil21
socceroos06
south01
TheFeldster
Tonks
Beckham
mozza
SBW
Styletix
AY_LFC
TGBY
Sean
Seaeagles
Sprooly
Panthers
Chelsea4Lyf
Fuzzy
Stoke
a_F_c
Shooter
Black Bird
Sparky_Hughes
The Los Che
Boomer
Owlsbiggestfan
Rozza
carlton12
theFOOTBALLlover
Sibs#12
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Sprooly
Guru
Sprooly

General Football Chat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 8:25 pm

Desperate David Moyes is weighing up a emergency loan move for Inter Milan winger Ricardo Quaresma.

Everton boss Moyes wants to strengthen his squad in January and has already put Middlesbrough wideman Adam Johnson on his hit-list.
But Moyes only had a limited budget and Boro may be reluctant to sell which has left him looking around Europe for different options.
Quaresma, 26, is out of favour at Inter Milan and available for a loan spell with the Italian club hoping to offload the Portugese winger next summer for around £8m.

if (typeof ord == 'undefined') {
ord = Math.random() * 10000000000000000;
}
document.write('');
if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Gecko") == -1)
{
document.write('');
}
document.write('');

That has alerted Everton, Paris Saint Germain and Napoli as Quaresma is desperate to get first team football in the New Year to boost his World Cup chances if Portugal make next summer’s finals in South Africa.
Quaresma joined Chelsea on loan last January and was a big disappointment and struggled to make much of an impact.

But Quaresma believes a high profile move to a club in Europe can help his career and a loan switch to Everton is interesting his agents.

Quaresma, who joined Inter for £16m in 2008, is on £50,000-a-week and his wages would be a major sticking point for Everton.
Inter are insisting that if Quaresma joins a club on loan then they will have to pay all of his wages and they will not subsidise any shortfall.
Quaresma said: “If Portugal play in the World Cup then I want to give myself every chance of playing and at the moment that would be impossible.”
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Everton-ready-to-move-for-Ricardo-Quaresma-article205875.html

intresting
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:58 pm

lol hope they get him
Back to top Go down
Sprooly
Guru
Sprooly

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:48 am

a_F_c wrote:
the F*** is billy sproolY?
pfft who is billy
Very Happy Smile
Back to top Go down
Sprooly
Guru
Sprooly

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Brazilian striker Jo reckons Everton have what it takes to win the Europa League this season.

“We have everything we need to win the Europa League this season,” he said.

“I’m taking into account there are still some major clubs to drop down from the Champions League in the next round.

“But I still think we have all the assets required to win it.

“We need to qualify through the group first though and I’ll be doing everything in my power to help us get into the next round.

“Everybody wants to ply their trade in the best competitions in the world.

“And the Europa League and the Champions League are the places where the clubs really want to be.”

nsno.co.uk
Smile coyb!
Back to top Go down
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:06 pm

Adelaide United have announced the signing of Central Coast Mariners defender Nigel Boogaard for the next two A-League seasons.

In the last season of his deal with the Mariners, 23-year-old Boogaard has wasted no time securing his future after five years in Gosford.

“I’ve always respected the way Adelaide United both play football on the field and have done things off the field. The chance to move to Adelaide and join the club is something I’m really looking forward to,” Boogaard explained.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/adelaide-snap-up-boogaard-253952

Great signing for Adelaide, I rate Boogaard highly.
Back to top Go down
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:18 pm

Yep, good signing for Adelaide, strengthens their defence.
Back to top Go down
Sprooly
Guru
Sprooly

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:56 pm

Phil Jagielka could be out until Christmas after undergoing a second operation on his knee.

Everton manager David Moyes revealed the defender had surgery on Wednesday to repair a small cartilage tear.

The 27-year-old has been sidelined since damaging knee ligaments against Manchester City in April but had been due to return to light training this week.

"Jagielka had an operation on a tear in his meniscus, which is the cartilage in his knee," said Moyes.

"We think [it has set him back] four to six weeks. He was down initially but he's on the road to recovery now."

Moyes also revealed a further setback for striker Victor Anichebe, who has been missing since suffering a similar injury to Jagielka's against Newcastle United in February.

The Nigerian looked to be nearing a return following the removal of a pin from his knee last month but an adverse reaction to the procedure has left the Everton manager uncertain when he will be able to call on the 21-year-old again.

"Victor's not in a good way either," said Moyes. "He had the pin taken out four to six weeks ago which had been catching on the side of his knee.

"Now what has happened (is that) he has a massive growth of bone and has a really big knee at the moment. We don't know how long it will be."

Mikel Arteta has suffered a minor set back in his come back from injury.

The midfielder, who sustained a cruciate knee ligament injury in February, has had to undergo a procedure to remove an infection from the same knee and is now recovering.

In his press briefing today (Wednesday) ahead of the Europa League clash with Benfica, David Moyes said "Mikel has needed to have a 'wash out' on his knee after doctors found an infection.

"It is a setback for him. However we can't say how long it has put him back.”

when i thought things could not get worse it gets worse although artetas setback was a few days ago now i didnt post it
Back to top Go down
Sprooly
Guru
Sprooly

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:23 pm

sad but true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NYzWyHRaZA

got a decent laugh out of this tho
Back to top Go down
Boomer
Guru
Boomer

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:08 pm

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=697663&sec=england&cc=3436

Bad news, hope he's ok. Sounds pretty serious, bad on a personal note and for my Spurs, with Gomes always a bit of an injury risk Sad
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy
Guru
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:29 pm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26344526-29437,00.html

Quote :
"Fans will never miss a minute of their team in action. Fox Sports will
broadcast every game, every round, for the first time from 2010."

That is massive really, Fox Sports has probably the best coverage of the EPL then anywhere else in the world.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:28 pm

Boomer wrote:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=697663&sec=england&cc=3436

Bad news, hope he's ok. Sounds pretty serious, bad on a personal note and for my Spurs, with Gomes always a bit of an injury risk Sad

i assume thats cudicini?
horrible news...hopefully he recovers fully but i think its curtains on his career Sad
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Latest Odds

To win the league:

1/1 – Chelsea
7/2 – Arsenal
7/2 - United
33/1 – Liverpool
35/1 – Man City

To be relegated:

8/15 – Hull
2/1 – Birmingham
5/1 – West Ham
299/1 – Liverpool
Back to top Go down
Black Bird
Guru
Black Bird

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:20 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1228191/Barcelona-step-Cesc-Fabregas-pursuit-offering-Yaya-Toure-Bojan-Krikic-seal-deal-Arsenal-captain.html

Didnt want to make a thread about it. The article suggest Yaya Toure + Bojan + Money for Fabregas.
That is quite a tasty offer and would be a massive deal if it were to happen. I dont want Fabregas to leave, but its bound to happen one day and depending on the amount of cash involved i guess id be satisfied with this deal
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Beckham wrote:
Latest Odds

To win the league:

1/1 – Chelsea
7/2 – Arsenal
7/2 - United
33/1 – Liverpool
35/1 – Man City

To be relegated:

8/15 – Hull
2/1 – Birmingham
5/1 – West Ham
299/1 – Liverpool

get on Pool at 299/1 Wink
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy
Guru
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:11 am

When Cesc finally goes to Barca what the hell are the newspapers going to write about...?
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 4:39 pm

Fabby will leave in few years.
i reckon he wants another title then he will go to Barca.
Back to top Go down
TGBY
Guru
TGBY

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 5:01 pm

yeh i agree, he will wait for success at arsenal, then ship off as soon as we win something big
Back to top Go down
Sprooly
Guru
Sprooly

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:18 am

Rumor going round is that Victor A is going to retire due to his injury Sad

Edit and David Moyes went down to London apparently also Sad
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy
Guru
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:33 am

David Moyes went to London? HOLD THE PRESS, what a story.
Back to top Go down
Sprooly
Guru
Sprooly

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:24 pm

Fuzzy wrote:
David Moyes went to London? HOLD THE PRESS, what a story.
forgot to add that vic had his operation done there
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:23 pm

TGBY wrote:
yeh i agree, he will wait for success at arsenal, then ship off as soon as we win something big
so he will leave next season Sad

because everyone knows the Gunners are winning it all this year. EPL, Champions League and the FA Cup.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy
Guru
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:52 pm

I can't wait to see Cesc play next season for Arsenal.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:56 pm

at least Arsenal are still in the running for EPL and CL.
unlike Liverpool...
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy
Guru
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:57 pm

Make this thread about Liverpool, you know you want too.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:00 pm

why would i??
we have a Football joke thread already...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Football Chat   General Football Chat - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Football Chat
Page 13 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next